Bedford Hotels

• cjg1 profile photo cjg1
  • Reviews: 5422

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

DoubleTree Hotel Boston / Bedford Glen: Always An Excellent Stay

This hotel turned out to be a great find and one we have continued to use it when in the area. It is located across the street from the Hampton Inn and the Homewood Suites and is quite new. Plenty of parking is available and they have a shuttle van and town car available. No idea on charges but just saw them there.

Upon our arrival we were greeted at the front desk clerk who had everything ready for us. After checking in we were offered cookies to which we took one to share. I do love those DT cookies.

After a long hike in a half circle to the back of the hotel we finally arrived at the elevator up to the third floor where our room was. I was disappointed to find our room next to the elevator when I specifically ask during reservation to not have this happen. But when I walked into the room I quickly decided I could live with it. As it turned out Liz did hear commotion in the hall at night but I did not as I slept quite soundly.

The next morning is was just as simple checking out with the same smiling face there to give me the zero bill.

Our rooms have always been quite exceptional with junior suites each time. It was a large junior suite with the bathroom on the immediate right when entering and a huge closet on the immediate left. The bathroom for example was a full six feet from the back of the counter to the front edge of the tub. This gave you a four foot wide area to move in at the sink and out of the tub/shower. The closet was nearly as big and had a floor to ceiling mirror and plenty of hanger space behind you when facing the mirror.

After that short hallway the room opened up in front of you. The bed and desk to the right, with the living area to the left. Directly in front of you was a flat screen TV that was large enough to easily be seen from either.

I had forgotten just how much I do love the doubletree beds. This one was no different. Incredibly comfortable it led to one of the best nights sleep I have had in a while. At the foot of the bed was a bench which is always a nice touch and night stands with lamps and dual outlets on both sides.

The living area was quite comfortable and featured a full couch and chair with a large table that was just the right height for starting this tip.

Throw in that we were able to get an absolute steal on the price of less than $90 for the night and I will definitely stay here again.

**Breakfast here is grabage so skip the hefty buffet price (if you don't get it for free) and eat elsewhere. As a Diamond with Hilton we get the buffet for free and would rather pay for our meal elsewhere than eat it here.**

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average