Boston Harbor Hotel

Tags

Luxury Travel Spa and Resort Historical Travel
See Amenities

Worst Experience Ever

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 13, 2010

I originally booked my stay for 4 days but only stayed one night because my friends and family that were in town were all at the W Hotel (which is fabulous). They reserved $2600 for the four nights and I checked out at $600. The front desk lady told me to call American Express to let them know of the change, which I did. They told me to have the hotel contact them to tell them the total so they can release the other holds. Sounds simple enough, so I relayed the message and they told me they would take care of it and not to worry.
I called to follow up the issue and turns out that no one ever called American Express. I called the Boston Harbor Hotel and asked them to call. Not only did they call this time, but charged me an extra $600. Really? So I called American Express and they told me that the hotel did NOT take the charges off, but yet charged a second time. I call the hotel AGAIN and spoke to the same person I spoke with before. He did not listen and tried to cut me off when I explained the situation, which is VERY frustrating especially when HE is the one who messed up. So he says, "I'll fix it first thing in the morning"...
Guess what?
American Express told me that he tried to charge $649.90 AGAIN!!!!???
What the %$#*& is wrong with them??
So know my available credit is $3800 less because of all their unecessary charges. I am still planning on traveling for the next 4 days in a different city so I need all of my available credit just in case. I cannot afford to wait 7-10 business days for them to get their heads out of their butts to finally solve the problem they created for me.
So I speak to another person who is obviously getting annoyed with me when I explain the situation...which I'm sure you can understand how I felt. So I had to give him specific instructions to call them, what to say, then to call me back because I obviously cannot trust that they will do this on their own. So he calls me back and said that they reversed the other charges but gave me a total of $649.00 which is incorrect. Then after looking through he said that they only submitted a charge for $600.
Whew. I know if you're still reading you must be SO confused, and I understand how it can be confusing but they handled the situation terribly. The manager barely apologized and when I got off the phone, I realized that they are not gracious to their guests. I spent 3 days out of my vacation making numerous phone calls and taking to poorly trained individuals who made the situation worse. COMPLETELY frustrating.
Save yourself some frustration and stay somewhere else. It's not really THAT nice of a hotel...I would describe it as "Grandma Fancy"...I was not impressed.
If you do insist on staying at the Boston Harbor Hotel, you better hope and pray that you don't need tthem to solve any issues...

Unique Quality: They gave me free breakfast, which was awesome but dd not make up for all the frustration.

Directions: Right on the Pier, nice view.

garridogal's Profile Photo

Well I'll bet the rooms are gorgeous too!

by written on July 13, 2008

The Boston Harbor Hotel is right on the Rowe's Wharf. Even before the waterfront was completely renovated, their share of it was always beautiful. Plus there are so many fun happenings there including lunch/dinner cruise ship departure/arrivals, whale watches and free movies, music performances and dining.

I've never been in one of their rooms so I can't tell you about one. But I can tell you that it's location is fabulous and the exterior is gorgeous. So you can just imagine....!

Unique Quality: Beautiful waterfront location. Convenience to Faneuil Hall, the North End, Financial District and the Fan Pier area

raraavis's Profile Photo

Harbor front

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 24, 2006

The hotel is right by the harbor. However, we didn’t get a harbor view room, just plain old concrete walls from the other building. The room itself is fine although I would’ve expected more for the price range. It’s a convenient location, right on the harbor, T-station (subway system in Boston), New England Aquarium, Fanuiel Hall, Quincy Market, and of course the Freedom Trail. It’s 10 minutes from the airport by taxi. Taxi costs about $15 to $20. There’s also a ferry that goes across the Charles River and takes you the airport. The ferry costs $10 each way and starts running at 7 am in the morning.

The room was over $300 per night.

Unique Quality: Pool, Spa, and Fitness facilities

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Boston Travel Forum

Need advice about Boston, Massachusetts? Visit the Travel Forum for Boston and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Boston hotel reviews

Dealing with locals
Downtown Crossing
Tips for Eating in Boston
Restaurants
Bull & Finch Pub (Cheers)
Eating & Drinking in Boston