110 Huntington Ave, Boston, Massachusetts, 02116, United States

Hotels.com Booking.com Marriott.com

Costs 38% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• morochaargentina's Profile Photo

what a location!

what a location! we love this hotel, even if it's kind of old, the rooms are big and comfortable and you can't beat the location! the gym is WOW! (no wonder local people PAY to become members...) and the pool is great as well (on top of the building) we love it

• Beautiful and Well Located

The Boston Marriott Copley is one of the nicest hotels in Boston. It is attached to the Prudential Center via a glass walkway that passes over the street and its shopping center is home to some of the city's most exclusive shops: Tiffany's, Armani, Gucci. I was lucky enough recently to have the chance to spend a weekend here, and I had a really nice time.

Being from the city, it was odd being around so many tourists. The hotel is very popular with Europeans. But it let me see the city the other people may, which was interesting.

Unique Quality: If you stay here take advantage of the valet parking. It costs more than self parking, but if you're staying here it's doubtful that you're trying to save money anyway. Valet parking is just really nice.

The hotel also has a Starbucks and two nice bars.

It is also attached to the Prudential Mall which is home to many nice stores and restaurants and is just a few blocks away from the famous Newbury Street, the Hynes Convention Center, Symphony Hall, The Museum of Fine Arts and The Berkeley College of Music just to name a few places!

Directions: Next to the Prudential Center and Hynes Convention Center

• moiraistyx's Profile Photo

LUXURY BOSTON STYLE

I was fortunate enough to date someone who worked for this fantastic hotel. Robert worked his way through college working as a bell boy here. On weekends I used to stop by during his shift and bring him lunch or supper. As a result the dozens of people who worked here were able to watch our relationship grow from a casual romance to total infatuation. Robert proposed to me here on Easter Sunday of 1996. We had taken a trip back to Bean Town to visit old friends. Little did I know that he had already arranged for a night of surprises. When I woke up in the morning I was greated with a simple white Gardenia with a note and a clue to help me find my Easter basket. Half a dozen staff members later and about 10 clues, I found my easter basket waiting for me in the lobby along with Robert in a nice suit with a dozen of my favorite roses (fire and ice roses), and a quartet of his former co-workers singing More Than Words. He handed me my Easter basket and tied to the handle on a purple ribbon was a gorgous diamond ring. He got down on one knee and asked me to be his bride. I said yes of course.

Now I suppose you want to hear about the hotel. It's absolutely fantastic. The linens are fresh and crisp and the bed heavenly. As you can see the staff is totally attentive and very friendly. I highly recommend this hotel.

• kenyancats's Profile Photo

Great views of Back Bay

We stayed over Christmas and the service was excellent. It is a big hotel, but the location at Copley is great. Copley Plaza means everything is within a short walk and the views from the upper floors are breathtaking.
    I would recommend this hotel, but shop around for rates as it isn't the cheapest.

Unique Quality: Christmas morning breakfast in the lounge. Great views. Connection to Copley Plaza.

Directions: Back Bay

• DJ_Rolo's Profile Photo

A Very Convenient Hotel

This hotel is very conveniently located in the middle of Copley Place. It is connected to the mall. This makes it easy to go shopping or grab some food when you get hungry. But first lets start with the actual hotel. The Lobby was great, it's big, it has many couches while waiting, the front desk staff were courteous and the concierge was very friendly. She helped me out tremendously. There were around 6 elevators that went to my floor which made it very quick. My hotel room was a standard Marriott room. It was nice and clean and regular in size. Internet service was around $11.00 per 24 hours. Im still against charging for internet service, it should always be included with the room. It was also one of the stops on the city bus tour which made it really convenient. I believe it is centrally located to many parts of the city. I decided to stay a little longer than first planned and i didnt have any problems booking the room at the same rate.

Unique Quality: There is a starbucks on the second floor. This is also where it is connected to the mall. If you go out one way it takes you directly into one part of the mall. I only went through there once and that was to go eat dinner at Chilis. If you go out the other way, it takes you over a covered bridge into another part of the mall. This side has the food court.

Directions: Copley Place

• jelw's Profile Photo

Great shoe shine and music

This is a very nice Marriott. Lovely suites and large rooms nicely appointed.
    The little restaurant on the atrium is very good. For years they had a classical pianist entertaining. This was a real treat. I don't know if they still do though.

Unique Quality: indoor pool, fitness room & internet access.

Directions: Bostons Back Bay area

• rids's Profile Photo

Boston Marriott Copley Place

Unique Quality: Good location, between Copley Place and Prudential Center malls. Lots of activities going on in all the public places of the hotel. The photo is in one of the open bars/lounges of the hotel.

• brianhub's Profile Photo

I stayed at the Marriott in...

I stayed at the Marriott in Copley square. It is really nice if someone else is getting the bill.
    My room was $205.00 a night.

Unique Quality: There are many shops and a mall in the hotel. It is worth going down to even if you don't stay there.

More about Boston Marriott Copley Place

Boston, Marriott towerBoston, Marriott tower

by Ben241

Hi

Anyone stayed at this hotel, & would you recommend it.

Is It ideally located, & does the hotel have a concierge lounge?

Would we need to hire a car?

Any advice or tips, greatly appreciated.

Ben

by KirstenL4W

I've never stayed there, but Copley Place is very centrally located. You won't need a car since you'll be able to walk to most of the tourist attractions, and for those places a bit further away, the T (subway) will take you there.

by pranayama

Hey Ben,

It's a really nice hotel, very centrally located. I've stayed at another hotel at Copley Plaza, and it was a great experience. And they definitely have a concierge.

You DO NOT want to drive in Boston! The roads are not well-marked and the drivers aren't patient. Parking is also outrageously expensive everywhere you go.

You can walk to Newbury Street, Boston Common and Boston Garden from Copley. You can take the T (city train system) or bus (both very very cheap) to the other sites.

I used to live in Boston, so you can email me here if you have any specific questions.

-Terri

by jelw

Ben, This is a very good Hotel. I used to stay there many times per year. It has been a while now but they did have a lovely restaurant just above the lobby, fantastic food, ambience and a classical pianist played there regularly.
most helpful staff, when stuck in a storm once they made great effort to assist me. Above and beyond the call of duty.

by Ben241

Hello Everyone

Thanks for all your replies, you have all convinced me, I am going to book this hotel.

Many Thanks

Ben

by Lauramcg

Thanks - and you've convinced me too! I've been looking for a back bay hotel to book and was contemplating staying here and now I'm sold!

Thanks
L

by gespaper

A very nice hotel in a good central location. No car needed, just take the train or taxis. Late Novemeber is not the best tiem weather wise but still okay. The other coments are right on for things to do. I work about 10 minutes for this location and live out in the surburbs. Any specific question I can help with?

Re: Re: Boston Marriott Copley Place

by adventerrtravel22

My parents just got back from Boston. They loved the Boston Sheraton and the Back Bay area. It was a great location for all kinds of sightseeing. You will have fun. Don't drive, there is construction EVERYWHERE......the "BIG DIG".

Comments