120 Huntington Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts, 02116, United States

Travelocity ColonnadeHotel.com Expedia.com

Costs 50% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Accommodations In The Colonnade Hotel

Accommodations in Colonnade Hotel was with full so interesting and full of enjoyable. The amenities they provide are better room furnished and service, swimming pool, garden, sports facilities, delicious food facilities and much more. the environment was provide by hotel is so nice. apart that there are many facilities that they provide to high internet surfing, guest room for stay with comfort. the decorations of the hotels so amazing and well manner of staff of hotel.

Unique Quality: the uniqueness of the hotels is that the hotels is situated near with the attractive places that make the attractions to the people.

• tojoh's Profile Photo

A great experience?

I was very excited managing to book two nights at the Colonnade hotel at www.hotels.com for less than $150 a night. Described as an elegant business class hotel situated in the Back Bay area with a gourmet restaurant and a rooftop pool.

Our room at the 3rd floor, was a good-sized room with two large beds, a desk and two comfortable chairs. There were also one decent sized closet.

The bathroom had terracotta coloured stone floors and tiles, and a bathtub with shower. Being situated close to heavy traffic the hotel had invested in isolated windows, and we slept in silence in the middle of the city.

So far so good - but! In a strange way we did not feel like living in a luxury hotel. The small details saw to that. A phone out of order. Cracks in the stones by the bathroom sink, wallpaper in the bathroom starting to peel off close to the ceiling. We were two, but there were only one bathrobe in the closet and the supplies of towels were low - for one. These are details, I know, but to stay in the market as a first class hotel, these small details are important.

Unique Quality: Arriving at the main entrance, we were impressed by the huge flower arrangement under a large chandelier, soft sofas, stone floors, oriental rugs, deep comfortable sofas......

Finding out that one of the hotels main attractions, the pool, had been closed for the season. Well, I know that we travelled out of season, i.e. after labour day. But still the temperature outside was over 80F and were to stay at that level for the rest of the weekend. SO - what a disappointment for us!

We enjoyed the wonderful gym with a large range of training equipment both mornings. I walked 3 miles - before we had even started to go shopping!

Would I stay there again? Maybe - but I would have expected more - definitely yes!! So we┬┤ll see whether there will be a next time.

Directions: Still the most faboulous thing about the hotel is the location. Situated behind the Prudential tower, close to the large mall and with the Arlington T-station just outside the door it was dead conveniant for us.

• CBBluesman's Profile Photo

Great Affordable Central Location

6 night stay at the Colonnade.Residents of Nova Scotia ,Canada.Mixed reviews on the Net.However, the price was very reasonable especially during prime tourist season and we were very impressed.The Hotel is exactly as pictured on WWW.Expedia.com which offers an accurate description and Virtual Tours of the lobbey,rooms,pool,restaraunt etc.Ask for a higher floor with a city view.We stayed in a deluxe king room.It was spacious,comfortable and restfull after long days of shopping,touring and sightseeing.Our large marble tiled bathroom was excellant.I suggest checking Hotels.com or Priceline, booking in advance and being specific about what you booked when you check in.The staff could not be more helpful or courteous.The bellman and conceirge were a wealth of knowledge about everything in Boston.Their recommendations for restaraunt options,sightseeing,tickets was first class.The pool is an added bonus.Be advised though that they close for special events(often unnaounced until the same day) ie weddings etc typically at 5:00 pm.This happened twice on our trip although it wasn't an issue as we were out and about at that time anyway.The "T" Subway Station is directly outside of the Hotel and will take you pretty much anywhere you want to go(we didn't drive as we flew to Boston from Nova Scotia,Parking is very pricey).The trick to the T is asking which train on the Green Line will take you directly back to the Hotel on Hunnington Ave which is quite convenient as you arrive exactly just outside the front door coming home.Otherwise you will probaly end up at Copley Station which is 3 or 4 blocks away.It took us Canucks a couple of days to figure out why we had to walk 3 or 4 blocks when we should have asked the conceierge or bellman right from the start.Gee!!!.All in all except for the lack of coffee machines and the roof top pool hours I have no complaints and do not hesitate to reccommend this hotel!Be specific about what you book and insist on it when you check in!Enjoy!

Unique Quality: Central location,roof top pool(only one in Boston)nice view,shopping,shopping,shopping!!!!!Restaraunts/Pubs of all kinds nearby!,cool fitness center,great staff!!!!

Directions: Back Bay,great central location."T" Stop outside main doors!

More about Colonnade Hotel

Be warned!

Wish I had read reviews, and not the hype on their website, before I stayed there. Room was not cleaned well. Could not adjust heat/ac; soiled furniture, carpet, and linen; chair and drapes damaged/in need of repair; missing amenities. Staff came to check mini bar usage of prior guest several hrs after I checked in. Discourteous desk clerk.
The worst!

Fine choice

I'm in Boston at least three times a year, and this is a very nice hotel, and the price is reasonable for this city. The rooftop pool and lounge area is a bit small and crowded, but the overall experience is a good one.

Treated Right,Good Value

by TripAdvisor Member nocrybabies

Stayed here last Sat night and went to a Red Sox game.Hotel was nice ,clean and staff was friendly and helpful.Rubber duck is a nice touch.Convienent location to alot of things within walking distance.The staff told me to check out their website for the best rate next time I come back. I will try this for the next game I go to.

Truly a wonderful experience

by TripAdvisor Member jkarchner

The Colonnade~a truly wonderful hotel experience. From the moment we arrived our stay was amazing. The lobby is clean, fresh and welcoming.
The concierge was so helpful and made us feel as if he knew who we were when we arrived. The room was beautiful with all of the necessary amenites to enjoy a luxurious stay. The restaurant atmosphere was comfortable while offering an upscale dining experience. The bartenders were fun and personable. I can't say enough about our stay at the Colonnade!!! We can't wait to visit again soon!

Overrated

The hotel was nice enough and is in a good location, but is definitely not a 4 star hotel, especially if you get one of the standard rooms. It's comparable to your typical Holiday Inn or Days Inn, but a lot more expensive. The location is good, easy access to the T and within a nice walk of downtown activities. Still, with the other much nicer options in Boston, I probably would not stay here again.

better choices for same price

Decided to take a chance and try another hotel for a weekend stay in Boston. We usually stay at the Parker House, but wanted to try the Colonnade as the photos we saw on Orbitz lured us in. Access to the hotel was easy and it is in a fun section of town. The lobby is lovely and it appears to have a popular restaurant next door (don't know if it's part of the hotel as we didn't try it). Our room was totally average. Nothing to distinguish it from any 3 star hotel room. The one thing we noticed immediately was the room was noisy. We weren't close to the elevator, but the sound of people walking and talking going down the hall made it seem like our door was open. A late night party that erupted at midnight didn't help the noise level. The fitness room was very small, but reasonably functional. All said and done we'll go back to the Parker House. Prices are similar, but the older hotel has thicker walls which makes for a more peaceful stay.

Not bad, just needs more

by TripAdvisor Member Senoritagringa

The Colonnade was not a bad place and the staff were helpful and friendly. However, when I pay $32 extra for parking (includes tax), I would like to find a parking space. With luggage and a child and no other places nearby, I expected better. Finally an attendant agreed to let me double park and parked my car when someone pulled out. My room faced Huntington Ave., overlooking the Christian Science center, which was pleasant. However, there doesn't seem to be much soundproofing and the noise from traffic was constant all night. Also, I left some jewelry in the room and called that evening to track it down. A very nice lady returned my call the next day, but the jewelry is gone gone gone.

Comments