Comfort Inn Boston Airport

Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Rated 12% higher but also costs 29% more than other 3 star hotels

• johngayton's Profile Photo

Nice Hotel, Shame About The Shuttle

An overnight stop, arriving lateish at Logan, this hotel seems ideal. And it IS a good mid-market hotel - decent rooms, friendly staff, interesting location close to Revere with its beaches.........Hmmmmm......then we get to the faults:

For a hotel at this standard, marketing itself as an "Airport Hotel" with advertised 24hr complimentary shuttle service, it just does not fill its bill - Firstly; it is nowhere near the airport; and secondly the shuttle is totally unreliable.

With a slightly delayed flight I arrived at Logan, terminal 2, about 11pm, very easy to find the courtesy hotel phones, and phoned the hotel for my shuttle pick-up. "No problems at all, shuttle will be about 15-20 mins", says the clerk, having first ascertained which terminal I was at and that I had collected my luggage.

Well, after about 20 mins standing in the cold, chaotic, underterminal Ellysian transit station that is the ONLY way out of Logan, a shuttle marked "Comfort Inns" arrives. I go to board, only to be told that this one is for the downtown hotel, mine will be the next one.

Another 20 mins and I have now seen every combination of shuttles except mine - I now decide "Balls to it!!", get a taxi.

Hotel itself is fine if you arrive during the day, or have own transport, but me, next time I reckon The Embassy Suites, or mayhaps The Holiday Inn if I can get a decent rate.

Unique Quality: As I've said, nothing wrong with this hotel, not particularily cheap, but then Boston hotels aren't. Price guide gives you an idea -

Also a quick addendum - here's me arriving in Boston about 10 days later, booked into a different hotel, and guess who's shuttle is the first to arrive???? OK this was mid-afternoon!

Directions: On the right somewhere off the turnpike.

• Jefie's Profile Photo

Great location and good price

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel, mostly because of its great location. It's only a short walk away from Wonderland station, which means you can happily forget about driving in downtown Boston. Our room was nice and clean, with great air conditioning (thank God), and as continental breakfast was included, we all took turns working the waffle-maker (mium!). The staff was also quite helpful and happy to speak French with us! To sum it all up, I'd stay there again on my next trip.

Unique Quality: There's a pool but it's rather small. There's a new Mexican restaurant on the premises called "Margaritas" - the decoration seemed a bit over the top, complete with waiters wearing wacky sombreros, but it seemed pretty popular. There's a shuttle to the airport, which is quite convenient for those traveling by plane, and although I didn't enquire about the price and schedule, I saw a city tour bus pick people up at the front door.

Directions: Close to Logan Airport, about 15 miles north of downtown Boston

• jessicadf's Profile Photo

A view from the room

You can sort of see the beach, and you can definitely see the Wonderland T stop...

Unique Quality: Oh, did I mention the free Internet access in the lobby? There are two computers just off the lobby which provide free high-speed internet access to customers. High speed connectivity is also available in the rooms, for your own computer, for $5/day.

• jessicadf's Profile Photo

Next stop: Wonderland!

All in all, not bad. Through orbitz.com, we got a room for ~$97/night after taxes. Queen sized bed, sleeper-sofa, tv, good bathroom, plenty of hot water. It's somewhat close to the airport, and their free airport shuttle goes every half hour, all day and all night. I'd go back.

Unique Quality: There were a few cool things:

1) They're really in to environmental friendliness. There are recycling containers in the halls where you can place your glass and cans. The bathrooms have dispensers for shampoo, lotion, conditioner, hand soap, etc., but they will give you individual containers on request. And the indoor pool is kept clean naturally, to avoid the use of chlorine and other chemicals. Very nice!

2) It's across the street from the Necco candy factory! I thought that was just way too neat.

3) The view from my hotel room was of the water at Revere Beach, looking out towards the Atlantic Ocean. We could also see the Wonderland T stop from our room.

Directions: 3.5 miles from the airport

TV, Remote Control
    Valet Cleaning Svc. *
    Voice Mail

• Out in Revere

Completed in 2000, the eight story Comfort Inn & Suites Boston-Airport has 208 deluxe guest sleeping quarters, which includes: 35 king bedroom suites, 49 junior queen bedroom suites and 124 double queen bedrooms. Of these, 16 are handicap accessible.

Free local calls & Free long distance access
    Free deluxe continental breakfast
    Free USA TODAY or The Wall Street Journal
    60% of all rooms Non-Smoking
    Kids stay free, 18 & younger
    Pool or exercise facilities
    In-room workspace
    In-room coffee makers, hair dryers, irons & boards

Unique Quality: Plus, all the guests at this hotel are invited to our COMPLIMENTARY DELUXE CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST which is served every morning, 7 days a week. Pacini's restaurant & bar, is available and is serving fine Italian and American cuisine.

about ten minutes from the airport, free 24 hr shuttle bus provided

Directions: Revere, MA, US, 02151

3 miles to Logan airport and 4 1/2 to downtown Boston. Free shuttle to airport and 'T' (Boston's Subway System) for easy downtown access

More about Comfort Inn Boston Airport

Amazing Food!

by TripAdvisor Member happygirlMaine

We stayed at the Comfort Suites in Revere, because it was cheap and close to the "T" line. We wanted a good restaurant drivable to the hotel. The staff recommended Billy Tse's. We went at 6:30 on a tuesday night. We were able to find a parking place and getting a table was easy. The food was out of this world. We told the hotel we wanted " good chinese" and they were right. This place could rival some of the best restaurants in NYC. To find it in Revere was a stroke of luck. Fresh ingrediants, friendly wait staff, great menu. We are sorry we don't live here because we would go weekly!

Walk to the T?

by TripAdvisor Member takeahike2

Bring your hiking shoes; it's a long walk up and down hills beside busy highways. The only courtesy shuttle available is directly from the hotel to the airport -- not the Airport T station or any other T station. When we arrived at the airport, we called and waited 50 minutes for the Comfort Inn shuttle. There are no good restaurants within walking distance, except the in-house Mexican. The amount we spent on cab fares due to rain probably would have paid for a hotel closer to sightseeing in Boston/Cambridge.

Thumbs WAY Down!!

by TripAdvisor Member TravelLady30

This was by far the worst hotel experience of my life...
We arranged a double room for my husband and myself, and also a late arrival. We checked in perfectly normal until we got to the room. I pulled back the sheets to the bed, and there was a million stragling pieces of pubic hair! My husband then pulled back his sheets (two queen beds), to find yellow streaks in the sheets.

I called down to the front desk, where the receptionsists exact words were: Well do you want me to do about it? I asked them for a full refund and they refused! We ended up driving to our destination (which was 2 hours away) instead of staying in this horrid hotel.

The photos on the website are a HUGE Lie! And the airport is in a very dumpy and dangerous part of Boston. I would not stay in this hotel if it was the only shelter available after a disaster...I'd take my chances in a cave!!

Comments