47 Huntington Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts, 02116, United States

Expedia.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Costs 29% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• V Comfy, good value, unfriendly staff, good loc.

The location is excellent, right beside the PRU centre and copley square with many restaurants and bar nearby. This area of the city has a real buzz. Just a couple of stops on the T to downtown.

On arrival, it was a struggle to get help from the very rude porter for our luggage (he was spanish maybe?)

The check-in staff were very efficient (maybe they could smile a little though?)

The hotel has real character though. Our room was adequately sized and very comfortable. It was the nicest room we had during our 2 week stay in USA, and the best value. Ensuite again is a good size. It was a real pleasure to go back to this hotel each evening during our Boston stay. There is a lively looking bar and classy restaurant (we didnt partake as there is just so much choice for food in this area)

We had breakfast on the morning of our departure - it was about USD 20 each, and this was too expensive for just a continental breakfast.

When we were leaving the same rude porter ignored us, when we got his attention he dragged our luggage gruffly down the front steps, damaging one suitcase. His bad attitude really annoyed us and it was a poor welcome and farewell for this otherwise excellent hotel.

• Copley Square Hotel, this is...

Copley Square Hotel, this is where we stayed our first night after a long flight, delays etc...We arrived very late with our rental car and found out the hotel did not have a garage... Fortunately there was a parking across the street... Very expensive, but hey, we're in a big city now!! As far as the hotel is concerned, nice hotel, nice beds and that's all we have to say because we fell asleep at once and did not stay long enough to do more research. Very centrally located though! On our last nights we stayed in Dedham, outside Boston in the Holiday Inn. And we stayed an extra night because our flight was cancelled due to thunderstorms and that was the Best Western Quincy.

Unique Quality: The Copley Square Hotel is a very nice and confortable hotel. It is quite old but we like that. A bit European style. Nice bathroom with black/white tiling!

Directions: Copley Square hotel: centrally located in Copley Square area.
    Holiday Inn Dedham: easy to reach Boston by 'T', only 20 minutes or so.
    Best Western Quincy: in Quincy, also 'T' or Hotel shuttle to airpo

More about Copley Square Hotel

Good for shopping or a meal break

by kooka3 about Prudential Center & Copley Place

You can get anything here - books, clothes, jewelry, knick-knacks, souvenirs, toys, etc etc.

The Prudential Center is connected to over 50% of Boston's total hotel rooms: Back Bay Hilton. Copley Square Hotel, Fairmont Copley Plaza, Marriott Copley Place, Midtown Hotel, Sheraton Boston, The Lenox, Westin Copley Place Anything and everything!! A lot of upscale stores here, so expect to pay for it -although some are "normal priced" like Barnes and Noble

100% pleased

by TripAdvisor Member izzyfudge

I just spent 2 days at the Copley Square Hotel. The staff was extremely helpful, polite and nice!
The room was great with a VERY comfy bed and fabulous shower.
You can't beat the hotel's location and chic decor.

Modern, clean, great location and attentive staff

by TripAdvisor Member loncar

My recent visit to Boston was wonderful, but made even better by the Copley Square Hotel. From the moment I arrived the staff was attentive, helpful and very friendly. The hotel is in the Back Bay, just two blocks from great shopping and restaurants on Newbury St. and central to the rest of Boston. The "T" is only two blocks away and it made it very easy to get around. Every time I left my room I was greeted with a hello or a smile and asked if I needed any help with directions or getting a cab. During checkout the concierge took it upon themselves to offer and print my boarding pass. Complimentary tea and hot chocolate in the lobby at all times was a nice touch.

A True Gem In Boston

by TripAdvisor Member slwturtle

I headed to Boston with my little dog to see the sights for the first with friends. This was the first time I've ever taken my dog to stay in a hotel. We both were greeted by the staff with a very warm welcome.

The hotel has a wine hour where you can sit with other guests and sip wine. (complimentary) Such a nice touch especially after a long drive from New York. My pooch was welcomed there as well. The staff went out of their way to make sure our needs were met. The rooms are well appointed and extremely comfortable. The hotel recently completed a 18 million dollar renovation. Very trendy like a NY boutique hotel. Attached to the hotel are two of Bostons hot spots...the Mini Bar which was jumping at 2am. Also there is a club downstairs called Saint which we didn't get a chance to go to but it is hot spot as well.

The location is perfect!! We were within walking distance to great shopping, nightlife as well as the sights of Boston. Boston is a very dog friendly city. Restaurants offering water for your pooch while you dine outside. A nice touch!

I will definitely return to the Copley Square Hotel and I highly recommend it to you for your next visit to Boston. Great value...wonderful staff...outstanding hotel!!

First Solo Business Trip-So comfortable!

by TripAdvisor Member Bmbarone

Being female, going on my first business trip solo to a larger city made me a little nervous. However as soon as I walked into The Copley Square Hotel I felt at ease. As soon as I approached the door I was greeted with a friendly smile from the valet and the smiles and friendliness continued throughout my stay. I never felt scared walking into the hotel late at night after dinner.
The intuition specialists were so knowledgeable in finding restaurants that catered to my dietary needs. After a long day of meetings I was always greeted with a smile and of course the evening wine tasting was also helped in relaxing after the long day. The lobby was warm and comfortable which made for a great atmosphere for meeting new people. After the first day the staff remembered my name and even the wine I enjoyed!
The rooms were very clean and modern, the beds were comfortable. The exercise room was small however it had all the basic equipment and was great for a quick workout.
The staff truly exceeded themselves. My boyfriend called, asking the staff to delivery strawberries to my room. I mentioned this to the manager how excited I was to get a special treat. He was surprised since they do not serve strawberries. The staff went and bought them and delivered them to my room! What service!
I would totally recommend this hotel and can’t wait for my next business trip to Boston!!

The Suite was SWEET!

by TripAdvisor Member ILuv2Travel2009

I decided to stay here for a romantic city getaway. The staff was overly attentive and very gracious to us during our stay. From the moment I arrived to ("set things up in advance") to the moment I surprised my boyfriend with the hotel stay we were both blown away. The rennovations are gorgeous and you feel right at home. There is plenty to do being wihtin walking distance to shopping and restaurant and the day was perfect as we strolled though the Boston Common. We will definitly be back!

Girls weekend!

by TripAdvisor Member candieryser

I highly recommend this Hotel due to its luxury accommodations and amazing staff, special features and location. We were treated like queens and the staff was super friendly, efficient and super accommodating to each of our special needs. There is tons of shopping near by and spas where you can get a fast make over before you hit "the scene" at night. We truly enjoyed the free wine tasting that Copley offers every day from
5-6 PM. The girls and I never missed a day plus we were able to interact with other hotel guests during the wine tasting's. Visiting the mini is a must!!!! The Super chic and trendy Bar offers some nice "Eye Candy" on Sunday nights. The whole package experience was top of the line and makes this newly reinvented Boston luxury hotel a winner. Thanks for a great experience. We hope to return soon!

Noisy

by TripAdvisor Member restats

This is a wonderful hotel except for the fact that on a Friday night, the partying going on at street level was so loud that we were awakened at 10PM by rowdy, drunken, and screaming people four floors below. This lasted until 2:30 AM when they ceased.We did hear the sirens of police below from time to time after which it calmed down, only to start back up within five minutes.

The problem is that the refurbishing has not been complete and the windows let in air, noise and cold.

from vancouver

by lexaz

We arrive from Vancouver, BC by car, however we do not wish to use our car in
Boston. We are seeking an area close to public transportation, which is nice and
has several reasonably priced hotels, such as Holiday Inn, Ramada Inn, Hampton Inns, etc.. We intend to stay about 3 nights.

RE: from vancouver

by selconcierge

I would recommend staying in the Back Bay neighborhood of Boston near to the Prudential Center. You have reasonably priced hotels such as the Midtown Hotel, the Copley Square hotel, and the 140 Hotel.

Comments