Courtyard By Marriott Boston Tremont Hotel

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 82% more and rated 15% lower than other 3.5 star hotels

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo

Better Value

Boston's hotels are quite expensive, but I was pleased with this selection of the reunion group we were with. It is still conveniently located,in the theatre district, easy walking distance to many places. It is an older hotel, so the lobby is smaller, but our rooms were quite reasonable in size, with FREE WIFI, coffee and tea, good sized bathroom, TV and movies available. The only thing I missed was a Safe in the room.

There is a cafe for breakfast in the lobby, and hot fresh coffee is available in the Reception at 5:30pm on, and carafes of lemon water during the day.

We had a couple queries while we were there and the staff was always very pleasant and helpful, even when querying about changing our room.

• morochaargentina's Profile Photo

The smallest room in Boston

One of the smallest rooms I’ve ever seen! And to make things worse, the bed was extremely uncomfortable.

There is one desk and the 2nd person has NO room whatsoever. I travel with my husband and we work from the road, it was impossible to do anything in this place, we had to leave the hotel room all the time.

The internet is supposed to be Wi-Fi, but that is not the case. You need t be plugged in order to have access, and of course, there is only one cable! The good thing: it's free :)

There is not enough room to hang clothes nor enough drawers. We travel with 2 regular size suitcases (one for each) and we had to leave stuff in the luggage.

I guess the room would be OK for 1 person, but for 2 is a no go... Too bad, they have a nice decor.

The hotel is in an OK location (across the street from the orange line and 3 block from the green line), 2 blocks away from Boston Commons and in the heart of the Theatre district. Across from Tufts Hospital and next to Chinatown. It’s an old hotel and the entrance is very nice.

According to the website, they don’t have a gym... it turns out they do! 3 nice treadmills, 1 bike and 2 elliptical; plus free weights. All lifetime machines with their own TV screens.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Good Price and Location but the Noise.....

We chose this hotel for several reasons: Liz needed a Marriott stay, we wanted to stay in town and the price was right. The location was good in the Theatre District and not too bad of a walk to most of the local attractions and public transport.

We arrived rather early in the morning and were surprise that they already had our room ready. We checked in and headed upstairs to our room with our bags. The room was on the seventh floor and a decent size. The room was clean and had the basic queen bed, desk, closet, TV and bathroom. The mattress was actually very good but unfortunately the noise from the club below us kept us up during the night. At three in the morning we also experience a loud commotion in the hallway. I can't say that it was the fault of the staff but the noise will definitely keep us from using this hotel again.

• Nice but bring earplugs

This a nice hotel in a good location with small rooms. Bring ear plugs! When the clubs in the neighborhood close at 2:00 AM, the noise starts. Motorcycles, car horns, yelling and police sirens. Rain saved us one night, but every other night was LOUD!

Directions: Theater district adjacent to Chinatown and very close to the both the Boston Commons and the Public Garden. The subway is easily accessible.

• Krumlovgirl's Profile Photo

Tremont Hotel

We stayed here during the wintertime when we got an excellent rate off the Internet. ($79) I didn't know anything about the hotel when I booked it-only that it was in the theatre district. I was concerned that the area might not be that safe, since it was also in close proximity to Chinatown, but after I arrived I found it to be the opposite. There were a couple of times that I passed some questionable people (and dealings) I never felt unsafe and everyone pretty much kept to themselves.

Unique Quality: For the first part of our stay they put us in a corner room and it was great. The size was incredible and the views amazing. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant, which was incredibly overpriced, but what hotel's onsite restaurant isn't? The staff were very helpful and friendly. The location was good for walking to the Common and to the shopping and right across the street at the hospital was a subway stop that got us everywhere else.

During our second stay we were put in a regular room which was really really tiny. We barely had room to turn around, but at least it was clean.

Amenities:

Secretary Service
    Translation - Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Creole
    Valet Parking

• Tremont Hotel

I have stayed at this hotel twice and had enjoyable experiences both time. Although it is located in the theatre district and has a few seedy areas around it, the hotel itself is rather nice. It's close to public transport and therefore easily accessible to other areas of Boston. The rooms are small and I recommend asking for a corner room when you check in. They're about three times larger than the regular rooms and you'll be more likely to have an actual bathtub. The bar is nice, but the restaurant a little pricey. But what can you expect out of a hotel restaurant? If you find a good deal on a room here than I would advise you to take it. If not, I wouldn't pay more than $115 for two people.

• KarenTaylor's Profile Photo

Great Location

Stayed here in 1998 and was really pleased with the accomodation in the hotel. The rooms were quite large, very clean, foyer impressive, and the staff very friendly. There was a fitness room, which was also well furnished, with towels etc for use there. It's in an excellent location, and I would definitely go back there again.

Unique Quality: Situation is great for the main Theatres, parks and downtown area.

Directions: Theatre District

• JRJanuszewski's Profile Photo

Great deal

Our hotel room was small but the decore was more interesting/fun than other places we've been. The service was great too. It's located on Tremont , so it's not far from the park and activity. On the first floor are a few interesting and lively clubs. There seem to be lines of people waiting to get into the clubs but they may have just been smokers standing outside. I think our room was only $120.

Unique Quality: GREAT location, comfortable bed and nice decor.

More about Courtyard By Marriott Boston Tremont Hotel

Cozy and Convenient

First time in Boston. The tremont caught my eye as i browsed available hotels. Got a discounted corportate rate which made it an excellent value. charming old hotel, friendly front desk staff. check in took about 2 minutes and check out about 1 minute - very speedy. concierge was helpful recommended some nearby restaurants. Subway line entrance just across the street. Room was medium sized, nothing out of the ordinary for a hotel room. comfy beds with plenty down pillows.
bathroom was actually pretty. desk was large and confortable. tv / hutch dresser combo - would have liked more drawerspace but it didnt matter on this trip seeing as we were only staying one night. would recommend to others. friendly staff, beautiful rooms, comfy beds! they stored our luggage for us while we went sightseeing for free. just wish they had an airport shuttle. we then took a bus to NYC - a steal at only $10!

Will NOT return

In this case, the details make the difference. In my rather garishly decorated room, there was a cigarette burn on the comforter and a stain on the couch. There were watermarks and stains on the desk, and ugh -- lots of crumbs on the coffeetable (between the glass top and the metal frame). The coffee maker was placed across the room from the nearest outlet. There was a very long wait to check in, and a grumpy, busy (although at least one was taking a long personal call) staff. Attempting to call another room in the hotel, the front desk staffperson picked up the phone and greeted me by first name. Housekeeping decided to knock on my door at 8:30 a.m. ??? Finally, while the quality of the breakfast was average, the service was terrible. It was a chore to have coffee refilled. Of course, gratuity was 'automatically' added to the bill, so there was no reason for the staff to be concerned. Walking into the lobby, it looks quite nice at first, until you look closer an the frayed carpet and banged up furniture. This was an overpriced hotel that keeps itself in business through convention-goers that have no choice. I will not return. If you do stay here, save some money and take the train directly from the airport.

Comments