DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Boston

400 Soldiers Field Rd, Allston, Boston, Massachusetts, 02134-1893, United States

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge
Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 64% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• 0308PODA's Profile Photo

Convenient

Stayed in this accomodation for 3 nights. Very clean and friendly staff and great restaurant for breakfasts.

Unique Quality: Concierge, Evan was most helpful. Arranged to have a hire car delivered for us so we could just head off to Rhode Island without delay.

Great Jazz nightclub on site so convenient after a day at HARVARD!!

Shuttle bus offered by Hotel to Harvard and downtown another great quality!

Directions: On fringe of Boston but near expressways whcih make it easier to get out of the city

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Great Location

I've stayed at this hotel a few times, most recently during my August 2006 visit to Boston. I always enjoy my stay here with its 156 square feet of space and scenic views of the Charles River this all suite hotel is exactly what I want in a hotel. Make sure to get their famous chocolate-chip cookies at check-in.

There is a charge for parking self park is $20 per night, valet is $27 per night, a data port is available for internet access, and a newspaper will be delivered to your door daily. There is a fee for interent service.

Pets are allowed with a $250 deposit and you must call ahead to reserve the suite. Cookie was right at home here during one of my earlier trips.

A Shuttle service is provided free of charge to downtown Boston and Harvard Square.

Unique Quality: Exceptional views of the Charles River, just minutes from I-90.

• JoeNYC's Profile Photo

Very Nice Hotel

These rooms are great since they are large and have a full TV room with kitchen area. My room had a beautiful view of the Charles, Cambridge and Harvard buildings. The hotel has a jazz club many nights which is always a plus in my book and a pretty good bar as well. Parking is very convienant right next to the hotel. If you are looking for a place to walk outside and start touring downtown Boston though, this is not the place for you. If you have a car and get around with that, it's in a great location for getting around, right off I90.

More about Doubletree Guest Suites' Boston

Doubletree Guest Suites, Boston - Waltham

by Gypsystravels about Fantastic hotel for the price

This is a fantastic hotel, just miles from downtown Boston. It is an inexpensive hotel for those looking for more in a hotel at the least possible rate. The room is a suite and as a Hilton Honors member we usually get the upgrade to an 8th floor corner room. The hotel itself is quite nice with a large lobby and reception area. On my last visit here the lobby was packed with people for some sort of celebration taking place here at the hotel.

The beds are quite nice and comfy with a basic decor. One of the best things about the hotel is that it is quite inexpensive compared to some of the other area hotels. We usually pay around $99+ tax, parking is included which is an added benefit. As a Hiton Honers Gold or Diamond member there is a complimentary Sunday breakfast buffet which you must remind them at check-in so they can give you the vouchers. With a huge selection of breakfast items, you really can't go wrong.

I usually order an egg white omelet with plenty of coffee, juice and fruit.

It really is a great bargain in the Boston area and only about 2 miles from the city center.

Excellent facilities, great service, but pricy parking

by TripAdvisor Member Jen198

Especially for the price (we paid through Priceline), the hotel was gorgeous, clean, and had excellent service. Close to Harvard Square (driving, not walking) and Harvard Business School. Nice view of Charles River from the room. There is some kind of chemical plant behind the hotel, but does not appear to affect the hotel in any way (e.g., view, odor, etc). Highly recommend this hotel. Great indoor pool and jacuzzi, beautiful lobby, comfortable beds, and great price. Only real negative aspect is the pricy parking ($20/night), which really adds to the overall cost.

Wonderful Stay!

by TripAdvisor Member Ojaigal

Our three-night stay was great! The staff are incredible; friendly, so helpful, and went "above and beyond the call" in every regard. We had a death in the family and had to suddenly change our plans, and the hotel staff took excellent care of us. The shuttle service is very convenient. One note: we were initially given a room that smelled of cigarette smoke. When asked, the hotel moved us to an ugraded room that was smoke-free, and had a beautiful view. We will definitely stay here again.

This was perfect for us!

by TripAdvisor Member Sooz2

We wanted to stay near, but not IN Boston, and this was great. I had read on Trip Advisor that the hotel had a shuttle, which we needed. It worked GREAT for us, both in going to Boston Common, and to Harvard Square. We used the shuttle only, and not our car.

The rooms were nice, the restaurants very good, the staff terrific, the beds comfortable, the room quiet, and we had a nice view of the Charles River. We would definitely stay there again.

Boston was thrilling and we're glad to have taken the Trolley tour; great meals at Legal Seafood in Boston, and Sandrine's at Harvard Square.

The Doubletree was fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member TankMan347

I took my wife to Boston for the first time last weekend and we stayed at the Doubletree on Soldiers Field Road - it was fantastic. I stayed at three different Hilton properties in Boston on business before deciding on this one as the perfect place for a weekend getaway. Forget about the comments that it's not "downtown", it's a $5 cab ride and they're always available. The staff was excellent; the room was awesome; and dinner in the Boathouse Grille was as good as our dinner on Saturday at the Capital Grille. I would highly recommend this place to anyone and I'll be back...

Spend the extra $$ and stay in town

by TripAdvisor Member kdglobal

We stayed 1 night in this DoubleTree that is billed as being slightly outside of Boston from July 3-4. (It is tecnically in Cambridge, I think.)

Ups:

Yes, the cookies are very good and the staff was knowledgeable but this doesn't make up for all of the hassle of the hotel in general.

Downs:

1. Shuttle service--this was worthless. We were only able to use it once to get to Harvard Square (we could have walked there) and then the hotel ran a normal Sunday schedule--i.e. the shuttle stopped running @ 4pm-- despite the fact that it was a holiday weekend. Then, on Monday, you had to reserve a space (which was near impossible) until noon but then after 12 you did not. What a mess.

We instead ended up taking the T (the nearest station is 3/4 mile away) and for the cost of 4 people taking the T 6 times, it would have made more sense to stay in town. We did get our exercise though. I just wouldn't want to do this in the winter--and cabs are pricey. We were quoted $20 for a 5 minute ride into city center!

2. Room--not impressed. Perhaps they have better rooms in this hotel, but ours could have used some serious grout cleaner. On top of that, someone had very sloppily resealed the sinktop at the joint where it meets the backsplash with white caulk on a red marble. (I am not usually picky about these things (particularly for 1 night), but perhaps since we have been remodeling bathrooms, I get a little oversensitive. :)) Also, the door on the tv cabinet was broken and could not be slid into the cabinet. Not that you are there to watch a bunch of tv, but still it was annoying. And yes even on the 16th floor you can hear the road noise since the hotel sits at the juncture of a highway off-ramp & a 4-lane city thoroughfare. And the train yard behind the hotel is also quite fetching. The photo online was quite a misrepresentation of seeing the river.

3. Elevators: one broken and one that decided it liked the 10th floor and stayed there instead of proceeding to the lobby.

4. Jazz Club: was closed for rennovations for a few weeks.

This is not one of the better DoubleTrees out there--stay in town. It might be slightly more expensive but Boston is such a walkable city, it won't be a problem and you'll save on taxis and T-fares.

comfortable stay, though out of the way

by TripAdvisor Member fluffymichou

We stayed at the Doubletree Suites after getting a great deal on Priceline for $50 a night. The hotel itself is well decorated. All the rooms in this hotel are suites and have a lot of space, with a separate living room with sofa, desk, chair and TV, and a mini-fridge area. However, the rooms do show their age, with slightly worn carpet and wallpaper, and the bathroom needs some updating. But the rooms were clean and staff was courteous and helpful. The hotel also has dining and bar areas which is convenient, though we never dined there. Also, the doubletree greets all their guests with freshly baked, warm cookies which were really delicious. I am trying to find their recipe! The only minus is that this hotel location is a little out of the way. To get to cambridge, you have to walk about 1 mile, and cross a bridge. To get to places of interest in Boston, you would definitely have to take the public transportation. We had a rental car, which i recommend if you stay here.

Quiet, comfortable, clean, safe and elegant.

Great Hotel. Superior Services. Parking was Pricey. I would definately stay there again. The hotel is not "in town", but they have a free shuttle service that takes you to the main attractions for shopping and sightseeing. It's very easy to get where you want to go. The shuttle leaves every half hour throughout the day and evening. You do have to make reservations for the shuttle. I like this hotel. I was traveling on my own with two children and I felt very safe. Our room was a King suite that allowed me to shut a door between me and the kids when they wanted to stay up at night. I like it.

La Capella Suites?? Doubletree Guest Suites Boston?

by clubmad

Has anybody stayed at or heard anything about La Capella Suites in North End(Little Italy) or Doubletree Guest Suites Boston(the one located next to the Charles river) ?? Its gonna be my first time visiting boston and am looking for accomodations for around mid march 2005.. Would appreciate any advice given! thx guys..

by gespaper

I don't know abou the other one but Doubletree Guest Suites Boston is a nice hotel. It's only drawback is location. It is really in Allston/Brighton and much closer to Harvard Square and Cambridge than downtown Boston. No easy access to public transportation so it's a cab ride or rental car to get most places. When my former company had new sales people coe in for training, they put them here because it was hard for them to get too wild or stay out late.

by tankgirl76

yeah, I pretty much agree with what the other reply says. You can't beat the scenery of staying on the Charles, you have to cross the bridge and work your way into Harvard Sq to easily use public transit. If you can swing it, I'd try to stay either in Harvard Sq or Kendall Sq, because both are close to transit, and from both, you can walk accross the river into Boston via Mass Avenue or the BU bridge. Keep in mind that March is still kind of chilly.

by epalome

La Capella Suites in the North End was featured in the travel section of the Sunday Boston Globe today, November 28th.

Elaine

by sphere99

We stayed in the La Capella last fall and LOVED IT the whole area is great! We love Italian food and the whole area is Italian. We are going back in may and staying there!

Re: Re: La Capella Suites?? Doubletree Guest Suites Boston?

by clubmad

sphere99 - how were the size of the rooms? Need to know as i will be bringing a pretty big luggage as i'm travelling all the way from S.E Asia. Was it really nice and spacious? Do let me know !!

By the way guys, the article did sound abit negative about the place! Not too sure about the rooms though..anybody has any comments? =)

Cheers!!