Doubletree Boston - Downtown

Priceline.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• kooka3's Profile Photo

Perfect location, nice hotel

This is a beautiful hotel right in the theater district and next to the New England Medical Center. The lobby is nicely designed, spacious, and comfortable. There is a bar in the lobby area, which was a nice place to relax and meet people. Because it was open to the lobby, it felt spacious, even though the bar area was farily small. There are two restuarants - the one next to the bar is for lunch and dinner. The one downstairs is good for breakfast.

The staff is wonderful. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. They went out of their way to provide information, to show me on the map how to get places, etc.

Check-in was quick and easy, and they even provide a big warm chocolate chip cookie! (They also sell these -- I was really tempted! They were SO GOOD!)

Rooms range from smallish (one full-size bed) to fairly large (2 beds), but all comfortable with a large tv (including movies on demand), fridge, large bathrooms stocked with a hairdryer and all the toiletries you could need, etc.

The Wang YMCA is attached to the hotel, and you can get complimentary passes to use the workout facilities and pool.

I would definitely recommend this place.

Unique Quality: Each room has high-speed internet wireless access. There are also two computers in a small room off the lobby that are available for guest use. There is a fully stocked fridge in the room, although be warned - you get charged automatically if you even remove something from there. You can't put it back in if you change your mind, so make sure you really want it!

The NE Medical Center T stop (orange line) is next door and the Boylston Street T stop (green line) is about 2 blocks away. You can also get free hotel shuttle service to the Expo Center.

There are plenty of restaurants and stores within a 10 minute walk. Boston Commons is a 5 minute walk away. I walked to the Prudential Center in 15 minutes. Boylston Street and Newbury Street are both within blocks.

Directions: Directly across from the New England Medical Center, right off of Stuart Street.

• cfuentesm's Profile Photo

Doubletree Downtown Medical Center

Very modern and comfortable, perfect location and excellent price. Boston hotels are usually quite expensive. But if you live without sleeping at the city center, this hotel is the perfect solution. You can walk to all main attractions, and it's right across from the local subway.

• Barbie2138's Profile Photo

Great Location, Outstanding Service

The service was fantastic. I could not do justice to the hospitality I experienced at this hotel. Everyone was helpful friendly and seemed genuinely interested in my comfort and needs. I spoke briefly to the manager about my stay and she sent up a basket of fruit and mineral water that evening along with a handwritten thank you!! The concierge Manny was a gem. One day I missed a friend who was to pick me up and Manny went to the T station to look for me. He knew I was upset about missing my friend. Upon my arrival, I asked for a refrigerator and got it within minutes, ditto when I asked for "fluffier" towels!!!!!! I'm picky and I was NOT disappointed. The staff referred to me by name. I will go back again!!!!! Good Job Doubletree!!!!!

Unique Quality: The Doubletree is cozy without being too small. The lobby has a homey feel with a big goldfish tank and comfy sofas and a bar. There are cookies and Cold Ice tea in the lobby at night! There is a cozy room with free internet usage and less than 50 feet out the door and you're at the (T) stop for the orange line....Two stops and you're in Downtown Crossing. There are a ton of places within a short walking distance of the hotel. You go thru the parking lot and you are at the Wang Center in the heart of the Theater District. GREAT SERVICE SUPER LOCATION.

Directions: Steps from the Wang Center, Theater District, the (T) and the trolley stops at the front door!!!

• nomadig's Profile Photo

Just Okay Accommodation

DoubleTree Boston Downtown is a bland hotel in all aspects. The lobby and the bar could be in any other hotel, the staff is polite but impersonal, and the rooms have all amenities but nothing special. This can be also thought as an asset, you are not paying extra for any bells and whistles that you don't need.

The hotel is clean, the bed is good and hot water is readily available in the shower (the shower itself is the common American type, one knob for controlling both everything and unadjustable head)

The location is quite good, near the theatre district and chinatown, from walking distance of Boston Commons and shopping areas -- at least for European, maybe some Americans would prefer car or cab...

Unique Quality: There are no unique qualities here.

Directions: Near the theatre district and chinatown.

More about Doubletree Boston - Downtown

Great location! WONDERFUL SERVICE!

We stayed May 13 and may 14 at the Doubletree Boston Downtown location. We were there for a trip to the theater and to visit some historical landmarks. Our room was on the 6th floor. We had two double beds and a huge room. Our Asian maid was superb! Her turn down service even included mints on the pillows and iced bottled water for us. What a treat after a long day of tours!
The breakfast buffet was excellent although a bit overpriced. The only problem was they didn't keep the trays refilled fast enough. The valet from India, and the Asian doorman were EXTREMELY professional and polite.
This hotel is an easy walk to the local theaters and trolley pickup right in front of the Marriott Courtyard Hotel. Just walk out the rear of the hotel.
It's no fault of the Doubletree but, the area in front of the medial center is rundown and frequented with undesirable types. We solved this problem by walking out the rear of the hotel ( right in front of the Marriot Courtyard) when we went on our journeys to restaurants and the trolley. Also , if hotel parking is too high for you then just park across the street. It is only $18.00 a day. :)
I give this hotel a "10" We travel alot and often stay at far more expensive hotels. The service here was truly above and beyond the best!
Thank you Doubletree!

Great Staffs

What a staffs!! They really go above and beyond to help you!! The hotel is close from T-station, China Town, Boston Common... I brought a tour group of 28ppl to this hotel, and they ALL liked this hotel.

I was really busy during the trip as I was taking 28 people with me. Front desk staffs were very prompt and timely when it comes to providing area information, and helping my customers.

When I went back to my room on the first night...(I was extremely exhausted), there were two bottle of Samuel Adams Light and a basket full of snack. Also, a sales manager sent me a card that's sympathizing how hard my work is, appreciating me for sending a group and offering any help if I need.

Whether you are traveling on your business, leisure or taking a group tour, this hotel is highly recommended. You cannot go wrong with this one.

Worth it

Doubletree hotels are always trustable. This one is great. Modern accomodations and great location. Close to public transportation. The rooms and amenities are first class. I recommend it highly.

Good Stay

My two daughters and I stayed here in Aguust 2004 and overall found it to be a positive experience. The hotel is centrally located and very close to the Medical Center T station (walk one building and a parking lot south to get to hotel). It was close enough that we should have taken the T to get there after our flight got in-- but at 9 PM, we were worried about security and took a cab instead (do not believe those airport transit, a cab is $30 not $20). The Theater District area is challenged on security and available child-friendly and reasonably priced restaurants, but several restaurants will deliver, or just eat elsewhere before returning to the hotel for the night. In the daytime, we set off walking using standard big-city common sense. The room was well appointed and clean. Hotel consists of several buildings linked together, so our room was quite a walk from the front entrance. Access to the adjacent YMCA pool and a pool lane resevered for hotel guests is a nice ammenity, though facility is old and the locker rooms undergoing contruction left much to be desired (be aware you must walk outside across a rooftop to get there). One big thing to know if you are visiting Boston to sightsee-- do very thorough homework on the T system. Originally we were going to stay in Cambridge at the end of the T Green line, but it was only by accident we figured out in advance that line has been demolished. Thank goodness we moved! For going to the Science Center, get on a bus at Haymarket or even earlier because the buses are always full by the time they get to Fleet Center/Science Park area.

Good location! very noisy especially on the first floor

The location is decent, and the cookie you get when you check in is a nice touch. The room was clean and spacious enough and there was sufficient toiletries. However, if you must stay here do not stay on the ground floor. Due to the proximity of all the clubs, it is extremely noisy having a ground level room facing the parking lot. Definitely request a higher level quieter room. This is coming from a young person who likes to go out at night. However, when I get into my hotel room it shouldn't sound like Mardi Gras.

Not bad, I wouldn't say excellent

I stayed here between Christmas and New Year, found the public spaces very well designed and chic (oriental theme) the room was a good size for $109 a night + tax.

Was clean, although the toilet had some nasty stains inside! The breakfast buffet was very limited and not included in my rate... Hotel staff were very keen to help and please guests.

Be careful, a trolley bus driver said that the area is not so good, he said that lots of muggings take place in this part of town and that there's some seedy stip clubs around china town.

I didn't witness any problems, but was careful and thankful for his warning.

Generally an impressive hotel, well done doubletree (the cookie was delicious!)

affordable hotels near the amtrak station (south station)

by sweet_sentiments

hi,

my friends and i are planning to visit boston for the july 4th long weekend but instead of driving from philadelphia to boston we just thought of taking the amtrak....

can someone please suggest an affordable place to stay near the BOS (South Station, MA (BOS)) amtrak station? that station is in downtown boston, right? actually don't know which stations in boston should we choose but i thought choosing downtown is where most of the boston life is that's why we chose that station(or maybe im wrong?)

a hotel close to tourist spots would be nice too (we're thinking of getting a boston city pass)...

thanks so much in advance!

by nomad7890

I stay at the Doubletree near the Medical Center orange line station.

The photo shows the bay, but it's not near the bay. It's only one metro stop away from Copley, and a few steps from the station. I've stayed there often.

You can take the metro to/from the airport (there is one change of trains) - but the location is great because you can get everywhere. Not the prettiest neighborhood, but there are many chinese restaurants if you get in later at night that will be open. (later = 9 Pm)

by nomad7890

Here's a link to the metro:

by bahiana77

July 4 weekend is a very popular time to visit Boston, so it's really not possible to avoid paying premium prices for hotels.

Check this advice about using Priceline with the help of BetterBidding:

Comments