Doubletree Club Boston Bayside

240 Mount Vernon Street at Bayside Center, Boston, Massachusetts, 02125, United States

DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Boston Bayside
Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

Costs 31% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Bit outdated, but decent stay

I have to say that we stayed here for a few reasons, one we needed the stay and the location was quite central for Boston and the price was decent for a hotel in town.

The hotel is located in Bayside, next to the convention center and major highways and a two block walk to the T station making it an easy commute to downtown without worrying about finding a place to park your car.

The hotel is a bit run down, the room we had, a king wasn't as large as we are use to, the tv was small (not a flatscreen) and the rugs were a bit worn down. The bed was excellent and we actually had a very good night sleep.

Check in was quite simple, we were given our breakfast tickets, free internet service and the extra 1000 points all for our stay, which was a nice bonus, we did have to pay for parking, which was a nominal fee of $10. Breakfast were vouchers to the Au Bon Pain Bakery located in the lobby of the hotel, and wasn't anything spectacular. A choice of sandwich and a drink.

Unique Quality: The beds are usually the best part of the hotel, there wasn't anything spectacular about this hotel and if I had to stay here again I would if the price was right. We paid $120 for the night!

• lynmur's Profile Photo

Our Hotel

The Doubletree Club hotel at Boston-Bayside is easily accessible to all areas of Boston, with a Redline "T" station just across the street. Be in the historic North End, Boston's Financial District, the Theatre District, Chinatown, Beacon Hill, Back Bay or Fenway in minutes. Visit Beantown's favorite attractions, like Faneuil Hall, Boston Common, the New England Aquarium, or the Old North Church.
    We really liked this hotel, the staff were very friendly and didnt mind me & Scott getting drunk in the bar and blethering for Scotland. Also when accident prone Scott cut his head open (dont ask)the staff were great, got an ambulance very quickly and kept checking on him for the rest of our stay, he even got a lovely letter from the Manager.

Directions: Located adjacent to the Bayside EXPO and Executive Conference Center off I-93, the Doubletree Club Hotel Boston-Bayside is just 1 and 1/2 miles from downtown Boston and five miles from Logan International Airport.

More about Doubletree Club Boston Bayside

Better than anticipated

by TripAdvisor Member SONIATRAVELER

We had a delightful stay at the Doubletree. After a day of cancelled flights and many hours of travel, it was wonderful to be promptly picked up at the airport. After we arrived the staff was swift in getting us checked in and they were consistently helpful. I fould our suite to be very spacious, clean & comfortable.

One of the best advantages to staying here is the access to the subway. Another option is to take their shuttle, offered hourly, to the downtown Doubletree.

The cafe/bakery has a nice selection of healthy food to get your day started. The in room coffee isn't too bad.

I would highly recommend staying at the Doubletree Club Boston Bayside.

Good value

by TripAdvisor Member G8R

I, too, was concerned after reading some of the reviews. but we had no bad experience. After arriving at the airport at 6:15 a.m., I called the hotel to request a shuttle van. It arrived within fifteen minutes. We anticipated having to leave our luggage behind the desk till check in time, but they had a room available for us. Nice surprise.

What struck me was the bedding. Each bed had four pillows and a comforter/blanket. Very comfortable. Other than that, the room was not remarkable, but decent.

The location was out of the way, but we know that coming in. The T was easy to navigate. The hotel shuttle even took us directly to South Station to catch our Amtrak train when we left.

No complaints. I'd stay here again.

Absolutely pleased!!!

The room was inexpensive, very clean, quiet, convenient to the subway, and loved the cookies. We were intending to stay with family when we came to Boston, but upon arrival found that they have a cat, to which I have an allergy. Got this hotel at the very last minute, but they were very friendly and accomodating, and well priced at only $99/night. It is only a five minute walk to the T which is most convenient mode of travel in Boston, and the neighborhood was very quiet. The rooms were decently sized and we didn't hear a peep out of the neighboring rooms. I highly recommend as an efficient, budget friendly place to stay.

Very nice and friendly.

by TripAdvisor Member RChappo

Stayed here for 4 nights on a long weekend leisure trip to Boston. We were very pleased with the room we got for the price. It was clean, comfortable modern and bright and had every amenity we required. The free shuttle bus to and from the airport was very good and the driver was friendly and funny and really made us feel very welcome upon our arrival in the city.
Sure the hotel is situatued someway out of the downtown area but it is RIGHT next to the subway station which was very convenient. We never had any trouble getting around to anywhere we needed to go. The only little down side was that we had no breakfast included..but for the price this really is a very minor issue. We ate at the hotel's Au Bon Pain once or twice but most of the time we ate in the city anyway.
I will certainly book here again next time we visit Boston and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for modest but clean and hassle free accomodation.

Great Stay! Would visit again!

by TripAdvisor Member Theworldismyoyster07

I just came back from a wonderful stay at this hotel. My room was very, very clean, all of the hotel staff were friendly and helpful, and the room I stayed in was spacious with pleasant decor. I am still recovering from a foot surgery and am in a walking boot so I was looking for a hotel that was located very close to the local subway system. I read the reviews for this hotel and some said the subway was right across the street from the hotel and others said it was a 2 - 5 minute walk from the hotel. In the end I booked this hotel and hoped the subway was "right across the street". I can now tell you that the hotel is not "right across the street" from the subway. The subway is a short 5 minute walk away from the hotel if you have two working feet. Unfortunately I did not have two working feet and found a much more convienient way to get around. The hotel has a free shuttle to & from their Downtown hotel and the Downtown hotel happens to literally be right next to a subway stop on the orange line. I was able to take the shuttle downtown and from there I was able to get to any place else in the city quite easily. The hotel shuttle ran on the hour from the Bayside Doubletree and returned from the Downtown Doubletree on the half hour with the last Downtown departure at 9:30 pm. Since my foot was giving me problems this turned out to be a great way to get around. The shuttle drivers were very helpful and pleasant and the shuttles arrived and left promptly. On two occasions we opted to stay out later and decided to take a taxi to the hotel from Downtown Boston. We speant $12 for one taxi and $14 for the other one with tip included - we thought this was pretty reasonable. The Bayside Hotel bar was a bit pricey with a glass of red wine at $7 a glass but it was nice to get back to the hotel and have the option of a nightcap before retiring for the night. All in all our stay at this hotel was very enjoyable and we would definitely stay there again!

Great hotel!

It's not in a central location, but the "T" subway is one block away. The conference center is close by, across a parking lot. There's a view of the bay (not bad). Wonderful service, great amenities. We would stay here anytime! Price (special offer) was very good. Staff are exceptionally helpful. Rooms well above average.

great value!

After reading the negative comments about this hotel, I just HAD to add my two-cents worth. I have stayed here on three occassions, and each time my experience has been great. The rooms are clean, and I have never had a problem with noise from adjacent rooms. On one visit, my room was not ready upon check-in, and the management not only put us in another room, but reduced the rate. The subway system is one block away, saving countless hours of sitting in Boston traffic. If you want a 4-star hotel, you have to pay for one. For less than a hundred bucks in Boston, this is one value that can't be beat.

Immaculate with Great Access to Bayside Expo Center

by TripAdvisor Member TA_Karen

Stayed here two nights ($125 a nite rate) with my husband for a tradeshow at the Bayside Expo Ctr last weekend (Apr 7-9). The area is heavily seeded with businesses, so it's VERY quiet at night. You need to drive or cab it to restaurants or other businesses.

Check in was a breeze (abt 4pm Friday). The hotel is literally across the parking lot from the Expo Ctr ($9 per day parking with in and out privaleges is added to the hotel bill).

The king room (#536, facing front of building, about 4 rooms from elevator) was a little on the spartan side - a wooden chair with arms (not an easy chair) in the corner, a desk and office chair with arms, a dresser (3 drawer) and two night tables. The drapes seemed clean and kept the room nice and dark in the early morning. The king size bed was softer than I like, but okay, and smelled fresh and clean with 5 plump pillows and soft sheets. The carpet, all fixtures and especially the bathroom (MOST important to me) were immaculate.

The room was equipped with an iron and board, hairdryer, coffee maker and clock/radio. My husband was a little annoyed with the clock/radio the first morning because it only has five presets to choose for wake up. I was just happy that he got it set to wake us up on time - I didn't care about the music! The TV was big, though not many stations available. We only watched about an hour each evening anyway.

The room seemed to get warm with all the lights on, so we turned on the hvac unit - it was on the noisy side, but the temp control was adjustable and responsive. The air in the room was on the dry side, which made it a little uncomfortable for me to sleep, but my husband didn't seem to mind. Overall, the room seemed quiet and well insulated - we didn't hear anything from any neighbors except for water running in their bathroom. The doors close very quietly, so we did not hear anyone come in or go out. We heard nothing from our "upstairs" neighbors either (there was only one more floor above us).

The AuBon Pain runs a store just off the lobby, and they sell hot breakfasts (scrambled eggs, omelettes, egg sandwiches, etc) as well as muffins, pastry and bagels. Both days we had eggs, hashbrowns and meat with choice of toast for $7.50US, and coffee. The staff was a little overwhelmed and confused Sat. (maybe new employees?), but with reminders and prompting from customers and their manager, they got thru it. Sunday's crew was better. VERY busy around 9am both days. There are tables and chairs all over the lobby area where you can sit and eat, if you're not running off with ToGo containers to your room, the Expo Center or somewhere else. They are open until 10pm for evening coffee to go with your warm, Doubletree oatmeal choc chip cookies.

We found the hotel staff pleasant and helpful and willing to please. The cleaning staff also acknowledged us and said a cheerful "good morning." One caveat, though. The staff use the only two elevators in the building to move linens and cleaning carts from floor to floor. My husband had to wait for a held elevator, then struggle with luggage and linens when we were packing up to go on Sunday!

On Saturday evening we and a group of 4 other people were looking for a nice place for dinner and a desk clerk got us a reservation at Tulio's in Quincy, about 4-5 miles away ($15 by cab). Lovely, small restaurant if you like wood/brick oven italian! When we got back, the clerk who sent us there asked if we enjoyed it. Nice follow-up!

Also, the lobby had a kiosk you could search for restaurants.

All in all, no, this is not the Four Seasons, nor is it as abismal as some reviewers imply. It's safe, comfortable and functional enough to allow trade show exhibitors like us the chance to relax and regroup in a very hassle-free way.

Would not hesitate to stay there again - I'll take extreme clean like this over extreme luxury any day. Chances are good we'll go back to the same trade show (and the Doubletree) next year.

Comments