Embassy Suites Boston Logan Airport Hotel

Embassy Suites Boston Logan Airport
Expedia.com Booking.com AMOMA.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Jefie's Profile Photo

Great option for a quick trip to Boston

We stayed at this hotel because we only had one night to spend in Boston before catching a flight home the next day. The location was ideal: a 15-minute free shuttle ride from the airport, and a 5-minute walk from the subway station, which is only a couple stations away from the downtown area on the blue line. The suites are very comfortable, and the one we had included a king-size bed and a pull-up couch in the living room area. Full complimentary breakfast is included, and the slection was pretty impressive: eggs, bacon, sausages, waffles, pancakes, pastries, fruits, yogurt, cereals and omelettes made as you like it. The hotel is located in a safe and quiet neighborhood, and there is a walking/biking path nearby that leads to the East Boston Piers Park (a 15-20 min walk), in which you can enjoy splendid views of downtown Boston. The famous Santarpio's PIzza is also located a 5-min walk down the street,

Unique Quality: There's a small indoor pool, jacuzzi and fitness center. All suites are equiped with a microwave and a mini-fridge.

Directions: East Boston, close to Logan Airport

• bluejaxx's Profile Photo

Good Hotel near the airport

Embassy suites is closely connected to the T. Its about two blocks away. The hotel was very nicely kept and decorated and had a free continental breakfast. The best part was the hotel room which has a separate living room area and a spacious bathroom and lots of space in the room.One thing I would change is the hours for breakfast, if you are a late riser you may miss it, it does end at 9:30 but wish they would extend it to 10:30am.

Unique Quality: The outstanding facilitly at this hotel was the quality of the breakfast where you can get custom made omlettes and pancakes. There is also a free shuttle from the airport and if you call the hotel they will arrange pickup from the T stop at the airport station.

Directions: Near the airport

• Not Your Typical Embassy Suites

This was the "worst" Embassy Suites experience I have had. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't all bad, the hotel definitely had its good points, but my family typically stays at Embassy Suites, and this one was different from most of our experiences.

The good: Very close to the airport, a complimentary shuttle takes you to and from the airport, and to and from the nearest subway station, which is a very convenient way to travel in Boston. The breakfast staff and the shuttle drivers were all very friendly and eager to help. The room was very comfortable, very clean. Breakfast was wonderful--cooked to order every morning, something to please everyone. Two computers with free internet access down next to the lobby.

The bad: Only two computers with free internet access. There was supposed to be free wireless in the lobby, but none of the guests could get it to work, and the front desk staff was unable to help. This caused long lines for the computer. The pool only went to 3 1/2 feet deep, and was very small--hard to swim and relax when anyone else was using it. The exercise room had 4 aerobic machines--and 2 were out of order. And, not their fault, but MA law prohibits the distribution of free alcohol--so if you're used to the Embassy Suites manager's reception with complimentary drinks, you won't get it here. But they do put out extra food, maybe to make up for that?

The ugly: The front desk staff. They were just plain rude. We got hung up on several times before someone finally answered the phone the first night. And a few nights later, when I was calling with a question, I got hung up on as well. We requested extra pillows and towels every night (a family of 5 staying in a room stocked for 4), and had difficulty actually getting them to be delivered.

All in all it was a good place for us to stay. Having the free shuttle to the airport and subway was just wonderful, saved us tons of time and money.

Directions: Just a short shuttle from the airport

More about Embassy Suites Boston Logan Airport Hotel

Bostons Best hotel certainly from a Europeans standpoint

by TripAdvisor Member Memorablepics

I am from Paris and found the accommodations to be merci suite!
the staff is creme de la creme and the chef is awesome!
i cannot wait to go back and see this best friendly staff in the whole USA!

Wonderful Stay!

I had a wonderful stay at this hotel and will reccommend it to all my co-workers. Being a female traveling alone on business, safety is of upmost concern. Although East Boston is run down, I never felt uncomfortable. The hotel offers a shuttle to the T, making downtown convenient to get to. I didn't even need a rental car!

The free breakfast was wonderful, with many options to choose from. I also ate dinner there, both the food and service was excellent! The room was great! The hotel decor is very trendy! Service was great all around! Best of all though was the gym. Very spacious and comfortable to use. I will certainly stay here again!

Great Value for expensive Boston

by TripAdvisor Member Skookum23

My stay at the Embassy lasted two weeks so I had some time to form opinions. The Pros: Spacious two-room accomodations were clean and quiet. Extremely comfortable bed. Incredible breakfast spread in the spacious, skylit atrium. Short walk to public transportation which is a short ride into the city. And most of all, the price. Cons: Restaurant food was pricey and uninspired except for the chicken soup. Desk staff twice forgot to fulfill requests I made. The elevator wait could be lengthy at times because they really need a third elevator - and the stairs are only usable going down between your floor and the lobby. The shower was a bit on the weak side. The hotel abuts East Boston, an "old school" Boston neighborhood that has little to offer non-locals, so I tended to make the hotel my last stop of the day after eating in the city. All in all though, I highly recommend this hotel if you're on a budget and visiting Boston.

Good for Boston, a nice base to stay whilst exploring.

by TripAdvisor Member Joe2316

We stayed 7 nights, so have some time & experience with the hotel. Pros: Rooms are a good size, very well insulated from the aircraft noise, breakfast is extensive, hot & fresh. Rate is very good for what is a very expensive city.
Cons: The aircon systems are a bit of a mess, so will often go -CLUNK!- in the middle of the night (solution, leave the fan on constant, not auto). Room noise from the floor above can be intrusive, so we got moved to the top floor.

The comments about the neighbourhood have been exaggerated. There are no problems with gangs or suspicious people etc. The T station is just 8 minutes walk (at a slow-ish pace). There is renovation going on etc and it's not a swanky area, but at no time did we feel unsafe.

Rental car places are right next door, which is very convenient as we rented a car to go up to Maine & down to Cape Cod.

Overall, the rooms were basic but clean, service was good, the staff responded as we would expect, the breakfast is fit for a king & the relatively low price for Boston means you can spend the money you saved by choosing this hotel at Boston's restaurants - I highly recommend Top of The Hub at the Prudential Centre and Joe's on the waterfront, near Long Wharf.

Ignorant and Unprofessional Management

I did business at this hotel last late monday evening, June, 27, 2005 and I stumbled upon incompetent personnel. As the custom, I was faxing information to a sister facility in another city.
when paying for a hotel for someone else using a credit card via a payment form, the front and back as well as the proper identification has to faxed along with that info.
It was not done and the next day, the receiving hotel stated that it needed an id which matches the credit card of the authorized person paying.
I spoke to the General Manager who has a chip on her shoulder and is totally confrontational and belligerent. She answers her own phone as just Julie and refuses to listen to my story. She even made a sexist statement
to my surprise.
Soon after conversing with her, I spoke to Brian, Revenue Manager, and he was so laid back and not wanting to make anything right. his attitude was that his people were doing their job. He is another person who is an administrator there who does not like to listen or respect the customer or user of that facility.
I will be writing complaints to the Convention Bureau chair as well as top management at the corporate headquarters. Neither needs to work in a position of power with the public or at any institution.

Excellent Value

My family and I stayed one night at the Embassy Suites near Logan. For the money, you can't beat this place. When collecting your suitcases at the airport baggage claim, use the hotel courtesy phones to call the hotel and they will dispatch the shuttle to pick you up. We used the shuttle to/from the airport and they even dropped us off at the T station after we checked in (Train station the non-Bostonians). The hotel rooms were clean and the living room has a pull out bed, thus, the rooms sleep 3 comfortably. The complimentary morning breakfast is fantastic...cooked to order eggs, omelettes, etc. and the full array of cereals, fruits, bacon, and so on. If you're in town for the night and don't want to go far for dinner, have the shuttle take you to the T station and take the train to Faneuel Hall. We ate at Durgen Park which specializes in "Yankee Food." There are dozen of restaurants in the area. I wouldn't recommend staying at this hotel for vacation, but a night or two for airport stopovers / business travelers is ideal. One last thing...if you pre-pay for your room, check your billing statement that will be slid under your door. The hotel charged me again but was quick to rectify the error when I brought it to their attention. Enjoy your time in Beantown...go SOX!

This property runs the gamut

by TripAdvisor Member Boeing767

Overall, this is a respectable property with all the amenities that one might expect from the Embassy Suites brand. I would have no reservations about returning over and over again - however, there are a few items to consider for the occasional traveler:

Rates EXCELLENT: On corporate policies (finding the appropriate room, allowing early check-in if possible, shuttle service to/from airport and T station).

Rates VERY GOOD: On housekeeping, effieiciency of service, and a professional presentation.

Rates FAIR: On staff demeanor, the hospitality hour and breakfast. Although they are provided, they are not as extensive as at other Embassy Suites properties. During the manager's reception, we had our sodas in styrofoam cups and no one offered us any other beverages. (3 days in a row). The breakfast is plentiful, but not prepared with any great care - the food is allowed to get cold in the trays, and the bacon was so soggy as to be inedible on two mornings. The front desk staff, as I mentioned earlier, is efficient and capable, but certainly not overly warm and friendly. This, in stark contrast to the desk staff at the Embassy Suites Manhattan.

NEEDS IMPROVEMENT: The only real issue we had with this property was the lack of self-service laundry facilities (or if they existed, they were not mentioned in the Service Guide), and the little store in the lobby. Horrendously overpriced, and poorly stocked. Sodas are only sold in a vending machine down there, and the desk had no change.

Many reviewers have mentioned the neighborhood - and, while we can see their point of view, we certainly did NOT feel unsafe. We found a spectacular pizza parlor three blocks from the hotel (as directed by one of the shuttle drivers), that we would never have encountered if we had stayed within the confines of the building. We walked from the T in the daylight hours, and called for a shuttle when dark. (That, only because one must traverse a construction site with very little light).

Good value!!

Great Value for Boston!

Great value for Boston. I stayed here with my teen age daughter & colleg-age son while taking him back to school in Boston. It was great having 2 room & 2 TVs. Easy safe walk to the subway station. THey will drive you there (or the airport) if you prefer.

Comments