3 Battery Wharf, Boston, Massachusetts, 02109, United States

Costs 48% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Fairmont Battery Wharf

Can't Wait to Stay Again

by TripAdvisor Member Cheeseheads

This is a great hotel in a wonderful location. We stayed for 1 night and loved every minute of it. We had a fantastic view of the harbor. The hotel is in easy walking distance to Little Italy, Quincy market, and the Freedom Trail. The service was excellent. We loved the bathroom with the oversized shower. The beds were also extremely comfortable. The in-room espresso maker was a nice treat once we figured out how to use it. We would definitely return to the Fairmont Battery Wharf.

Hidden Gem That Will Make You Want To Keep Coming Back

by TripAdvisor Member exBostonian

Having lived in Boston for 10 years, my wife and I thought to stay in the hub-bub of Back Bay would be perfect for a get away weekend. Instead we opted for something on the water and discovered the recently opened Fairmont Battery Wharf. WHAT AN AMAZING HOTEL. The drive to the hotel is off the street and it sits on one of the wharfs (actually 2 wharfs) into Boston harbor. you dont hear the street noise. elegant entery and an obvious design focus similar to a W hotel or other Ian Schreger Hotels. wonderful staff, and so quiet with excellent views of boats sailing and ships coming up and down the harbor. 1 block away you are in the heart of the North end and feel like you are walking in Italy. we sat outside for dinner (one of the best meals I have ever had in boston). early morning run along the waterfront all the way to the ICA museum in South Boston. I can not say more about this hotel. We will not stay any where else.

Don't stay anywhere else in Boston!

by TripAdvisor Member Bex61

This is an amazing hotel only completed last year so everything is new and so modern. I couldn't believe it when I walked in the room it was so wonderful. I suggest you join the presidents' club before arriving it doesn't cost anything to join and you may get a free upgrade!

We had an amazing view from our room and the way the building is designed I don't think there would be a room that didn't have a great view. It is in a fantastic location on the waterfront so is very quiet yet only a few minutes walk from the freedom trail and dozens of reasonably priced Italian restaurants in Little Italy. Also, it is very easy to get to from the airport by water taxi. Get the free airport hopper bus to the dock and a water taxi will whisk you off to the door of the hotel for only $10 per person.

I felt we got very good value for the price we paid through ebookers for the room. We didn't eat in the hotel the breakfast was far too expensive for us but it is only a 15 minute walk to Quincy Market where you can get a great breakfast for around $6.

Pampered and Close but not too close

by TripAdvisor Member Fairfax937

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights over the 4th of July weekend. We have never had a hotel treat us like this before. From reservations, to check-in to check-out they couldn't do enough for us. They treated us like VIPs. Got us hard to get Red Sox tickets, gave great information on tours, events and restaurants. Located on Battery Wharf away from the normal tourist traffic, but close enough to be within a short walk of transportation, events, historic sites and of course the great Italian restaurants on Hanover Street. Hanover Street is just 2 blocks away. Long Wharf where the cruises leave from is about a 10 minute walk. The trolley is about a 5 -7 minute walk. The subway to great shopping on Mulberry street and the Red Sox games is only a 10 minute walk. If they had a pool they would be a 5 star hotel.
There are many good Italian and Sea Food restaurants within walking distance

Wonderful Service and Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member teacher34

We just spent four nights here beginning on the 4th of July. What a beautiful hotel! I took the suggestion given of arriving by water taxi to the hotel. Great way to get there, great view of skyline, and hotel all for $10. From the arrival and the attention to detail all was perfect. Our attendant James was terrfic, showing us our room, all that was available in the room, and recommending great restuarants in Little Italy on Hanover St. I thought the location was just perfect, not right in the main part of the city, not too far out either. If you love Italian food this is the location for you! If you are going whale watching it is a 12-15 minute walk to the wharf where you get your boats. Rowes Wharf about a 10 minute walk. All forms of transportation within a 12-15 minute walk.

Don't stay anywhere else

by TripAdvisor Member YYZTravelguy

What a fabulous hotel. Upon arrival we were advised that we had been upgraded to the Gold Floor, which is actually an entire building. The check in staff were great and moments later we were escorted to the beautiful room. The room is nothing but fantastic. The walk in shower is to die for...the water flows from the ceiling all over you. The beds are like heaven....and the service, top notch. John and Dennis the concierge guys on the gold floor could not do enough for us. I've never sayed in a hotel quite this nice.
The location is great. Many italian restaurants within a 5 minute walk. Make sure you try Al Dente, the recommendation of James the doorman. You can literally walk anywhere
in Boston from this location. The airport is right across the bay and you can take a water taxi there.
Room service was prompt and the food was outstanding, but expensive. Trust me, don't stay anywhere else. We are already planning our next trip.

Overall - excellent.

by TripAdvisor Member mew20

On arriving at the Fairmont, we received an upgrade to a Gold room (different building, Gold lounge with included coffee etc, breakfast (very nice) and evening snacks). We were shown to our room and there was a workman inside. We received a further upgrade to a Gold suite. The room was very nice indeed with lots of nice little touches, quiet and efficient AC and a great HDTV.

The staff were polite, helpful and friendly.

The only minor issue was the service in the bar, which was not perfect. Slightly brusque.

Overall, an excellent hotel. Strongly recommended, particularly if you can get a room in the Gold building.

The Best Service at a Hotel Yet!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member NBMan

We read all the reviews so far for this hotel and decided to give it a try. The location is perfect for the North End. A short walk to the markets, aquarium and Hanover St. Upon arriving at the hotel we were greeted by James. He took the bags out of our car and welcomed us to the hotel. A lady came over while we were outside still and asked what name the reservation was under and went in to get everything ready so when we came in, no wait, she had our keys and James brought our bags to our beautiful room. He took the time to show us everything in the room including how the expresso machine worked. Then we asked him where we could get a quick bite and he suggested a pub near by. He then offered to go pick the food for us and bring it back to our room!!! Every staff member was very helpful with any questions that we had including recommending tours and things to do, places to eat. We will be back at this gorgeous hotel the next time we visit Boston. If the hotel would be full, I would change my dates around for when they have some space, its that good. We stayed a good number of 5 star hotels and this 4 star beats them hands down.

Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member Travelers020

I cannot say enough about this hotel and its staff. The hotel is beautifully decorated with a modern flair. The staff could not do enough for us during our stay. The dining room is superb and the food is delicious.

Won't Be Going Back

by TripAdvisor Member ltcamp

Major complaints: I ordered a queen room with a bathtub. I got a double bed with only a walk-in shower. I immediately called the front desk and asked to be moved, but they were "completely booked" and couldn't accommodate my "request." They also didn't make any effort to make it up to me. I assume this is because I used the 20% off discount I found on their site and was flagged as an "Internet Rate" customer. When I checked out, I expressed my disappointment again, in an effort to give them an opportunity to make it up to me. They just stared at me blankly. Hospitality 101, folks.

Minor complaints:
--Your GPS will not take you to the proper address.
--The hotel is actually made up of several buildings -- feels like a condo complex, not a luxury hotel.
--The ceiling in my room was under 8 feet. I'm 5'8" and I could reach up and touch the ceiling from every room. Felt a little claustrophobic.
--My room was on the second floor facing the valet area. I heard every door slam throughout my stay.
--Couldn't figure out how to use the digital thermostat.
--Couldn't figure out how to turn on the light in the shower.
--Bathroom is separated by the main room by two weird sliding wooden pocket doors -- not good for muffling bathroom noise (if you know what I mean).
--The gym only opens at 9am, I assume because it's shared by the folks living in a Fairmont residence. If you want to get to it, there's no sign, so you'll have to ask.
--They actually sent someone up to the room when we checked in to teach us how to use the RFID key.
--Two people can't use the in-room wireless at the same time on separate laptops.

Net-net: this is an adequate hotel for business travelers. It's lacking in warmth, amenities, friendliness and basic "get what you pay for" to make it the special hotel it claims to be.

Frog pond pavilion Boston CommonFrog pond pavilion Boston Common

the boston bowlthe boston bowl

insideinside

fortune cookiefortune cookie

Couples walking tour in North end?

by BostonBoundBrook

I wanted to take my hubby on a walk through the north end. I was hoping to end up @ Mike's Pastry and then stop by Caffe Vittoria. Where should I start my self guided tour to see the most awesome stuff leading up to Mike's and Vittorias?

thanks!

BBB

Re: Couples walking tour in North end?

by Jefie

Hi! I guess an easy way to do it would be to start at the Charlestown Bridge and then follow the freedom trail through the north end. This would take you to Copp's Hill Burying Ground, the Old North Church and Paul Revere's house (http://www.thefreedomtrail.org) before getting back to Hanover St. near Mike's Pastry and Caffe Vittoria. Hope this helps!

Re: Couples walking tour in North end?

by valerie7277

Hi - I agree with Jefie's recommendation. Your best bet is to do a self guided walking tour of the Freedom Trail (part of it is in the North End where Mike's is). I'm not sure how much you intend on walking or how much time you have, but if you can, I would suggest doing the entire trail if you've never done it before. I do love the section of it in the North End though.....maybe because I'm a HUGE fan of Mike's and Caffe Vittoria ;-) (I've even ordered Mike's cannoli kits online!)
Have a fun trip!