Green Turtle Floating Bed and Breakfast

Shipyard Quarters Marina, 13th St., Charleston, Boston, Massachusetts, 02129, United States

More about Boston

Massachusetts State HouseMassachusetts State House

chart housechart house

bar chowbar chow

tunnel under metunnel under me

What to do in Boston?

by cet84

Hi, my boyfriend and I are taking a cruise and one of our stops is Boston. We are trying to venture out and take our own tour. We will be docked from 8am to 5pm. Considering our short time frame what sightseeing is most recommended, best place to eat, and best tour to take?

Thanks!

by Jefie

Hi! If I only had one day in Boston I would do the Freedom Trail (http://www.thefreedomtrail.org). It's a self-guided tour that takes you to several important sites and allows you to get a good taste of the city. I'd also recommend eating in the North End (Boston's Little Italy) or at the historical Union Oyster House (unionoysterhouse.com‎). Hope this helps!

by ter1413

Freedom Trail. Also, check out the VT Boston pages.

by gilescorey

Lunch at North End Pizzeria Regina. The original. There is a chain that is not the same, but the original on Thacher is amazing. Often a line, but nothing too obnoxious. Hard to find, so check out my tip, if you'd like.

Travel Tips for Boston

North End

by EdinburghRoc

A walk and lunch in the Italian North End area of Boston is where I would go back to when visiting Boston again.

Paul Revere and some of the things he made can be found inside his home at North End. I just feel comfortable in Boston, I like it.
But then I knew I would.
So I was not in the least disappointed.

Walk around

by vanessadb

Boston is one of the rare cities in in the US where you can really stroll the different neighborhoods. The weather being on your side of course. I particularly enjoyed walking all around Boston, form the North End, to Beacon Hill, passing through the Financial District, Chinatown, the South End and others.

You should definately walk the...

by babi017

You should definately walk the Freedom trail. There is so much history, but be sure to wear you walking shoes. If you're looking for a little peace don't miss a stroll through the Boston Common. This is a great place to meet the natives of Boston. If you like to shop then I recommend visiting the Downtown Crossing. Lots of great shops and reasonably priced. If you want a view of the entire city vist the observatory. What a spectacular view. My fondest memory of Boston was when my fiancee flew up to visit me and we took a Sunset Cruise of the historic Boston Harbor.

Hanover Street and the North End

by Paul2001

Hanover Street is the main strip of the North End and Boston's "Little Italy". The street seems to be lined from end to end with Italian restaurants, many quite expensive. I came across to me as Boston's version of New York's Mulburry Street except that there are still Italians living here.
The North End is also the location of a couple of Boston's most important historical monuments. Paul Revere's House is just off of Hanover Steet while the Old North Street Church is just around the north end of the Hanover Street itself.
Historically, prior to the revolution, the residents here used to be predominately Tory but they emigrated to Nova Scotia after the war. The neigbhorhood then became popular with free blacks until the end of the 19th century when Italians immigrated here. Other immigrant groups also settled here but the Italians always dominated and the neighborhood evolved into Little Italy.

Old North Church

by shdw100

The Old North Church is the place where the signal was to tell the revolutionists if the British were coming by land or by sea. The church seems engulfed now by the surrounding city, but still has the pristine beauty of a typical New England church.

Comments