811 Massachusetts Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts, 02118, United States

Priceline.com Booking.com Expedia.com

• Luxury just outside of the city

My husband had to visit Boston for business and I came along for a couple of days. The location isn't the most desireable, but the hotel itself is outstanding! If you are looking for an immaculately clean environment, you can't find any better in this area! The lobby is so nice, and the rooms are impeccable! The service is the best, from the manager, Sabrina Sterling, to the shuttle drivers, everyone is so friendly and accomodating! Why stay right in the center of town and pay top dollar when you can stay in luxury and have a shuttle take you to your destination, and not have to spend an hour looking for a parking spot! My husband and I will definitely patronize this hotel again, and we are looking forward to our next trip to Boston!

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Comfortable Enough

We had stayed here about a year ago because of its proximity to Longwood Medical area so we decided to try it again. The rates were a little higher but still less expensive by Boston prices. Because of a special, the price for a King Suite was the same as the King Room we had before. We actually liked the regualr room better. The suite had a couch and table and a kithcen area sink. Both had a working desk and chair.

The bed was nice and comfortable. Room also had microwave, coffee maker, and refrigerator and free wireless internet. Bath had tub. Good heating and AC system. Room was clean.

There's free shuttle service to the Longwood Medical area and 2 points in the city. It runs several times a day. Not much in walking distance. There's a McDonald's, Dunkin Donuts, and a new restaurant coming up. The front desk does have a selection of menus from places in the area that deliver. There is also an Enterprise car rental that is surely cheaper than renting at the airport. Parking garage is across from the hotel and the charge is $25 a day.

The included breakfast was good - eggs, sausages, breads, fruit, yogurts, cereals, etc.

Would stay here for $200 and under. If more, I'd shop around.

• morochaargentina's Profile Photo

newly renovated

this is a weired situation, we LOVED the hotel, we HATED the location (across from the hospital)... BUT they did everything right to overcome the location... so we have to give them the fives: overal: recommended!

Move this building to downtown Boston and you'll be paying a fortune! Newly renovated place, very modern, comfortable and spacious rooms.
    FREE breakfast,
    FREE internet,
    FREE parking
    FREE Shuttle to/from the airport AND
    FREE Shuttle to/from 3 different places in town
    it ended up being more than convenient, and we loved it

More about Hampton Inn & Suites Boston Crosstown Center

definately a good deal

We just stayed in this hotel last weekend. Coming from New York City, noise was not the problem. I slept well in the comfortable bed. Shower was nice too. Overall, hotel is new, clean, and comfortable. It is little far from T stop (Mass Ave), but there are local shuttle taking us to Prudential Center, Quincy Market etc. Also, free hot breakfast is definitely a plus. We enjoyed hot breakfast in the morning, and swimming pool at night.

Pluses and Minuses

by TripAdvisor Member Travel_Reviewer20

Pluses:
+ Great rate for central Boston ($112 midweek)
+ Free shuttle to/from airport and to/from key tourist locations
+ Extremely friendly and pleasant staff (one of the best across the board that I have experienced)
+ Relatively new (~2 years old)

Minuses:
- Neighborhood is not too good
- Nowhere nearby to eat (and would not recommend walking in or out of this hotel)
- There were several people in the lobby at different times who were definitely NOT guests of the hotel; this was most disconcerting at breakfast time - a security guard was in line filling up thermos, etc. with breakfast buffet items to go...
- Security guard(s) stationed in the lobby area along with the "non-guest" presence made me feel somewhat uncomfortable
- Airport shuttle, while free, does only operate on the hour, so if your flight gets in at x:20 (like mine did), you may end up waiting for about an hour-and-a-half for the shuttle (like I did). That being said, the courtesy driver was extremely friendly and helpful.
- For a hotel only ~2 years old, I was a bit surprised by the condition and cleanliness. The first room I checked into had burn marks all over the carpet, however the new room they moved me to was fine.
- Noise level could be high at times due to the proximity to the medical center - every now and then there would be a siren, but the noise level overall was not bad enough to affect sleeping.

Overall, I probably would not stay here again - although price and staff factors were so good, it was worth thinking about again, but I think I would probably pay more and be in an area where it was easier to get out and walk around.

Too many ambulances all day and all night long!!!

We stayed at this fairly new Hampton Inn Suites from November 9-13, 2005. The hotel is very nice and the staff works very hard to accomodate guests at all times. Most comments listed on here by users before the above dates are pretty accurate for the most part. Based on the location and price of $125.00 per night in Boston plus tax, plus parking of $17.00 per night, this is a fairly decent deal for those on a financial budget. If you want to spend much more and do more, stay in or near Downtown Boston. Otherwise, this is not the place for you. The location of this hotel is undergoing much urban renewal. There is a brand new Quizno's Subs restaurant located next door to the hotel. There is also a brand new Ground Round restaurant being built attached to the backside of the hotel facing a main thoroughfare. The Food and Beverage Manager of the hotel advised us that it will be "a nice sports bar with a full dining menu". Allegedly, there are plans to expand the hotel on the property adjacent to the hotel. The parking garage is very large and very modern. It is a bit difficult (time consuming)driving in and out of the hotel and that includes the usually constant taxi cab driver who is outside waiting to take you wherever you want to go. Be advised that it will cost anywhere from $7 to $15 to go one-way anywhere in the immediate Downtown Boston area. But, it beats paying exhorbitant parking fees at other hotel or local parking lots. Be prepared to pay anywhere from $20 to $40 daily to park just about anywhere in the Downtown Boston area. So, one of your quickest and best financial transportation options is to just "take a taxi". While in the taxi, ask the taxi driver about local sightseeing areas, shopping and especially restaurants. They know just about anything about everything.

My biggest complaint and concern about this location is the EXCESSIVE NOISE coming from the ambulances all day and especially all night long. And I do mean ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT long. The engineers/architects for this location should have seen to it that the windows were double-paned and soundproof due to the fact that this hotel is located right across the street from a Level 1 Emergency Room Trauma Center Hospital. The ambulance drivers are not responsible at all in sounding their alarms excessively from 12:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. when there was no need to do so based on very light traffic in the area.

Initially, when this hotel opened (like most in Boston) the price per night was reasonable. Since then though, the price has risen significantly.

Great Hotel

I stayed in early December at the Hampton Inn and was quite impressed. The hotel is essentially brand new and has a lot of amenities that go along with the room price. What impressed me is the decor in the lobby and rooms. The lobby is clean and the staff is very helpful and friendly. The rooms are fairly spacious and are also clean, modern and quite comfortable. If you are visiting Boston this is absolutely the best bargain you are going to get.

Now for the downsides:
1) The location of the hotel (Roxbury, MA) can be seedy at night, be careful.
There is also few restaurants, bars and clubs in the immediate area. You need to go up mass ave about 10 blocks before hitting those.
2) The hotel is placed across the street from a hospital, if sirens bother you, you may want to choose another hotel. Sirens and loud noises are part of the urban life though :), its tough to escape.
3) The free shuttle from the airport to the hotel can be tricky to catch and is first come first serve, call ahead and see the schedule so you dont get stuck in the cold.
4) The hotel has no kitchen, so you have to fend for yourself.
5) About a 20 min walk to the closest T- station (Mass ave, orange line)

Hotels closer into the commons and back bay will cost you double and you get less conveniences.

Take it from someone who lived in Boston for a year, if you are going cheap this is a good deal.

hotel and management a joke

While attempting to check in, I was given the hand and shooshed by the employee (Carman). I was about to ask for a manager when I realized SHE (Carman) was it! This was after waiting an hour and 1/2 in the lobby. I finally used their lobby payphone to reserve a hotel elsewhere through Hotels.
While waiting I did check out the pool. It is more of a large garden tub. Maybe slightly bigger but is VERY tiny. I would not want to be in there with more than 6-10 people. Maximum.
Crappy location, crappy service, crappy pool.
I attempted to contact Hampton through email. I was told they attempted to contact Carman, the manager, there Boston Hampton but she had not gotten back with them. I was told they would be sending me a free night stay which after 2 months I had not received. I contacted them AGAIN. I was told AGAIN that I would be receiving a free night stay. This was in August that we were in Boston. It is now nearly January and I STILL have not received the free night voucher!
I have always stayed at and recommended Hamptons. I cannot say either way if I will stay in one again but I will say that I will never stay at the one in Boston. There are PLENTY of other hotels with airport shuttle, larger pools, nicer rooms, kind employees and restaurants near by without the sounds of ambulances!
Do NOT stay here. There are plenty of other, better alternatives.

re: local dining/neighborhood

As a 10 year neighbor, just adding to the previous reviews in case it's helpful. The location is indeed bleak, it was the only vacant parcel left in the area when they built it 2 years ago! It's at the intersection of major highways, but just a few blocks' walk to the South End commercial area. It's next door to the hospital, medical school, and city emergency shelter intake, so if you're not used to urban areas, may seem sketchy. But, just walk north 2 blocks on Mass Ave, and turn right on Washington St.- there are at least 5 restaurants within a block or two, from cheap to fashionably deluxe (bakery/cafe, diner, Chinese, Thai, Tapas, Sushi, wine bar, Venezuelan...) And the so-called Silver Line bus goes straight down Washington St. to Downtown Crossing, the heart of the city. The South End's famous "Restaurant Row" is on Tremont St, 2 blocks past Washington. All the chi-chi new art galleries are down Harrison Ave, 6 or 8 blocks past the hospitals. You can also take the Mass Ave #1 bus straight down Mass Ave into the Back Bay/Newbury St. district, or across the Charles River to Harvard Square in Cambridge, a bit slow at rush hour but quick otherwise. So, it's convenient to the BU/Boston Medical Center, but really not far from the rest of the city, and very close to the rest of the South End (the largest residential Victorian neighborhood in the US) Enjoy the architecture! Take a cab home late at night, as you would in any city.

Good Value

by TripAdvisor Member chucklicht

We always have enjoyed Hampton Inns and this selection didn't disappoint us. At the end of a two-week vacation in the Northeast, we decided to spend a few days revisiting Boston. The prices we found for downtown hotels were very expensive and the Hampton Inn was quite reasonable and not too far from town. We parked in the pay lot and left the car there for our entire visit.

We were placed in a disabled room (we're not!) which was much more spacious than an ordinary one. The bathroom was large with space for a wheelchair in the shower.

The room was clean and new and had all the Hampton Inn usual features, including the clock radio which requires some practice to be familiar with.

We used the hotel's shuttle service every day to go to sites and usually used it to return in the evening to clean-up and go back downtown for dinner. There aren't many places to eat in the near vicinity. We usually had to take a taxi (less than $10.00) to come home after dinner.

The breakfasts were good Hampton Inn quality (peanut butter and bagels)and very generous. Service overall was good.

Comments