Harborside Inn Of Boston

185 State St., Boston, Massachusetts, 02109, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

• Beautiful, Historic and Close to Everything

Stayed there and it ws beautiful. They have gorgeous old brick walls on one side of each room, which adds lots of charm! The beds are so comfy and they serve warm cookies at the check-in desk.

You can also purchase a parking permit for a garage around the corner, which is very convenient.

The Hotel is right near everything. Quincy market is right there, and great restaurants are nearby, and of course you can looks straight up State Street and see the old State House which is very picturesque!

• rids's Profile Photo

Harborside Inn
    $105 - $155; $250 for suites.

Unique Quality: Close to Faneuil Hall, the Financial District and the waterfront. The hotel has charming rooms with Persian rugs and hardwood furnishings. There is a complimentary breakfast buffet. We almost stayed here, but when we saw the construction going on we were glad we chose the Copley Inn. We might try it on another visit, because the location and rates are good.

More about Harborside Inn Of Boston

by TripAdvisor Member steve_cov

Spent three nights here in November 2004.

The location next to the T is excellent, especially if flying into Logan Airport (two stops away). One would be hard pressed to know that the Big Dig was going on just yards away. My only complaint is the rather noisy, clanky lift right next to my room! Avoid that, and you'll be fine.

Bistro Margo offers fantastic food at competitive prices. (I thoroughly recommend the salmon.)

Top Value Hotel

Excellent Hotel within easy walking distance to the financial district, Quincy Market and the North End. We found the room to be quite charming with its exposed brick walls and hardwood floors. Our atrium room was also very quiet and clean. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. Overall excellent accomodations for the price.

Had a great break in Boston

by TripAdvisor Member Mike44

Stayed at the Harborside in early Nov 2004. We had a great stay. Superb location next to the T, close to trolley bus pick ups, close to the Harbour and excellent eateries.
Yes the Black Rose does generate some noise but if you can't beat them join them for good beer and music.
The bistro serving breakfast was good and altogether we felt that we had good value for money.

The location is the only good thing about this place!

My guests and myself had a very unpleasant experience at the Harborside Inn. We originally booked the Harbor Suites to suffice the 3 people that were going to be staying there. Upon arrival, the hotel only had 2 people registered and therefore a different room. After much discussion and comparison of invoices stating which rooms we were to have, the staff gave us a bedroom with a 'queen sized' pull out sofa. When we got to the room, the pull out barely could sleep 1 person let alone two! Furthermore, when we tried to open the sofa, it couldn't come out all the way because the tv was in the way and impossible to move. We ended up having to book into a separate hotel for the 3rd person costing us much more than anticipated! To add to the experience, we woke up to find that there must have been mites of some sort living in the bed as we had large red welts on our arms and legs! Other than the location, there is not one good thing I can say about our experience there. I have never written a poor review for a hotel before but thought our experience was so unpleasant that I could not help myself. I will definately never stay at the Harborside Inn again!

True New England Charm

Booked the Harborside for a weekend getaway. We were a little weary based on some of the reviews, but were pleasantly surprised by the set-up and the decore in the rooms. If you are looking for expansive rooms, this is not the place for you - but if you want a comfortable room at a fair price in a FANTASTIC location, definitely give it a try. So close to all of our favorite spots: Quincy Market, Boston Harbor, the North End, etc.

Sweet place

Cannot get a better location! Walking distance to everything! Comfortable beds, pillows and down blankets and pretty brick walls. Views aren't so hot and after midnight get ready for the drunk screaming people outside the hotel. The nosie dies down around 2:00am but it was barely tollarable.

Nice place, but highway noise on first night

Getting ready to book a room for an upcoming Boston weekend, so have been brushing up on hotels. Reading about Harborside and the noise issues reminds me that we stayed there in June 2000 and overall I liked it primarily for its location and interesting rooms. First night, though, we were kept awake by constant traffic on expressway. I went down to front desk at around 2-3 AM and the clerk gave us a new room, also with window but without traffic noise. Wish I could remember which side of the hotel that is on so I can ask for that side again.

Pros: Location of hotel, price and unique style of rooms...

by TripAdvisor Member Fifty5

Highway noise now not an issue because Big Dig put the I-93 traffic underground.
Cons: Corner room they gave us on 6th floor seemed small. Still had plenty of late night noise from street, especially around 2 AM on weekend. Restaurant open for continental breakfast only. Room and furnishings starting to show wear.

I still like this place, because it's unique, price is good and location is great. Would hesitate to bring kids or others who may have problems sleeping because of street noise.

Comments