Herbivorian House

135 Eutaw Street, Boston, Massachusetts, MA 02128, United States
Herbivorian House
Booking.com Hostelworld.com HostelBookers.com

More about Boston

Trolley bus reflected in the John Hancock tower.Trolley bus reflected in the John Hancock tower.

martinimartini

the restothe resto

coffeecoffee

Hotel suggestions for Honeymoon

by clareabee

not until oct 2011 but want to do my research as it is after all a holiday of a lifetime!

Never been to Boston before so hoping you guys can help me as i am clueless!

We are not sure which part to stay in (help!) and want a nice hotel - ensuite - but don't want something that is mega expensive (and I don't even have a clue as to how much hotels in Boston cost).

We prefer modern hotels but I am open to options and suggestions from the experts.

C lare

by alansm

First, just so you know, October is one of the busiest months of the year. Boston hotels are expensive to start with, so this only adds to the problem. So now, the question. What do you plan on spending? Not Mega expensive doesn;t mean much. And please don;t "low ball" us, since that's not going to help you. Then we can help you better.

by ter1413

How long is the saty and what are you guys going to be doing? Siteseeing/fun/etc? Great city for it!

by Waoife

I agree that Boston is a very expensive city for hotel rooms - probably worse than NY at times :(

You could either stay a little outside the city centre or just pay the extra to stay city centre - it is your honeymoon after all :)

The Intercontinental is nice and close to Fanueil Hall etc (about a 10 minute walk) but food there is pretty expensive - around $25 each for breakfast from what I remember of my stay in May 2009!

Hi

I honestly don't know how much the hotels cost in Boston...so was looking for guidance obviously don't want to be spending $500 a night or anything silly but if you could help with the average price for medium/high end hotels that can be worked into my budget if that makes sense.

We are looking to sight see, nice meals out, relaxing (we don't want to rush around too much!) but also look at the history of the area.

we don't mind staying outside the city if it is walkable within 30 mins or so or easy on public transport etc.

figured it would be most expensive in October but Autumn is my fave season and is a good time for us a H2B birthday the day we get married!

by ter1413

When not travelling for work, I stay at the:

Work wise, it's Starwood locations.

I have also stayed at the Ritz-Boston Commons in a suite the night before the parade for the first Redsox World Series title(no..I'm not a Redson fan...long story.) Amazing place, but we got a deal through someone I know...

by clareabee

thanks for the suggestions will have a look its hard to give people a budget when I don't know how much rooms cost - I would say around $300 a night mark (less would be better but know i will have to pay for time of year!)

Travel Tips for Boston

Castle Island

by travelfrosch

I remember as a child going to my Grandmother's house and then heading out to Castle Island. I was always thrilled at even the thought of going to Grandma's house, because it meant I could visit the wonderful playground and huge beach there. Now that I come back as an adult, I realize that maybe the playground wasn't so magnificent, nor was the beach as huge as I remembered.

The playground has been rebuilt in the 30+ years since I played there, but they left a few of the old animals, perhaps for sentimental reasons.

The Old State House

by pili

The Old State House was Boston's 18th century seat of government, the building was erected in 1713. In 1776 the Declaration of Independence was first read in Boston from the balcony at the Old State House. It continues to be read in the same place on July 4th of every year.
It´s located in the downtown, near Faneuill Hall and Quincy Market.-

I would recommend visiting:
...

by riso

I would recommend visiting:
1) The top of the John Hancock Building.
2) The inside of Trinity Church.
3) The Prudential center shopping area.
4) The Copley plaza.
5) Copley square.
6) Newbury street.
7) Fanueil Hall/Quincy Market
8) The museum of science. Some of my favorite moments in Boston have been when I'm walking along the Charles River in the spring time, and the Boston Common during the autumn and at night during the winter.

The Charles river is picturesque when the early morning sun has risen and the rowers and boaters are taking advantage of the warmer weather.

The Boston common is beautiful when the leaves change color, adding a palate of beauty to the region. After the leaves have fallen, men and women who work for the city, adorn the trees with clear holiday lights, adding a festive atmosphere to the common.

Visit a SEAFOOD restaurant. ...

by betty2sean

Visit a SEAFOOD restaurant. There are many locations, specialties & prices. Use public transportation; if possible. There's a BIG DIG project going on and driving is a nightmare! When I was very young I won a pair of tickets to see my very FIRST RED SOX GAME from a radio station in Boston. Their kit also contained American flags, patriotic pom-poms, noisemakers & a bit of spending money. It was right around the 4th of July & I LOVED IT!

Red Sox vs White Sox

by herzog63

What a day it was for a baseball game!! It was hot and sunny with nary a cloud in the sky! The home team won so the local fans were happy. For me I didn't care who won I just wanted to watch baseball and eat over-priced hotdogs!!

Comments