Howard Johnson Fenway Park

1271 Boylston Street, Boston, Massachusetts, 02215, United States

• Abosolutely Disgusting

This place is disgusting do not waste your money renting a room here. The Location is great right in front of fenway park and believe me the owners know this they are counting on you being desperate or misinformed so you book a room there. Nothing works and everything is old. They put stained towels and pillow cases in the room the comforter had random hairs on it which were not mine because I thoroughly inspected before i would even sit on the bed. I had to go to the near by bed bath and beyond and get new sheets and a blanket because everything they had was stained or had hairs on it. the toilet leaks and the rooms smell moldy the carpet is grimey the board of health should shut this place down. DO NOT SPEND A DIME AT THIS HOWARD JOHNSON or the HONG KONG CAFE inside it. there is an owner response from a while ago posted here but they have lied they have not fixed a thing everything complained about on this site is still happening in this hotel it is a virtual dump and the only way you will enjoy staying here is if you are used to living in a city dump Dont risk it trust me and everyone else who commented that this place is an unsanitary dump.

Unique Quality: disgusting uniquely filthy uniquely old and a unique waste of money

• AWFUL SERVICE

My husband and I just got back from spending 3 nights at this HoJo's near Fenway. We were part of a wedding group who booked a total of 10 rooms. During our first night there, the A/C stopped working. I got up around 2am to adjust the thermostat only to find that it was all the way down to 60 yet the reading was 87 degrees. They next day we mentioned it to the woman at the front desk who mumbled to me "glad my shift is over soon". She said they were working on the problem and it should be fixed. The next night (wedding night) we got home at midnight to find that the A/C STILL was NOT FIXED. We spent another miserable night in a 89 degree room. The next morning AGAIN we were told they were "fixing it". We shouldn't have listened. They are all a bunch of jerks who blew hot air up our "you know what". That night after getting back from the fourth of July fireworks at 11:30pm the room was still sweltering. We went to the front desk and the woman tossed a key at me and said "see if this one is working" The man behind me in line said good luck as he was moved to another room and that A/C wasn't working either. Not to our surprise, the new room didn't have A/C either so I gave up and we went and slept at my cousins condo in another section of town.
    The next morning when all of us were checking out, the front desk wanted to charge us FULL PRICE!!! We all (including other guests who were outraged) said NO WAY. They argued with us until we finally had to just leave and dispute the charges with our CC companies.
    This is a terrible place, with terrible service. I have never been treated so bad by a hotel for whom I WAS the guest. It was completely ridiculous and unprofessional. DO NOT waste your money.

Unique Quality: nice location, but TERRIBLE customer service and the quality of the hotel is bad

Directions: Fenway

• Great Location

Stayed here for a night in Boston to see a game. Hotel room was clean, bathroom clean, but is older hotel, very reasonable rates. I would stay here again. Very close to Yawkey Way and surrounding taverns and bars!

Unique Quality: Close to ball park, bars and taverns, restaurants and shopping.

Directions: Follow signs to Fenway Park, back of hotel view of first base line seats.

• vivalasteph's Profile Photo

a baseball's throw away

This hotel is located right next to Fenway Park. Basic rooms, a Chinese restaurant in the hotel, and a cocktail lounge and pool.

Unique Quality: Great surrounding neighborhood, with many restaurants, a drugstore, a supermarket, and several bars. It's about a 10 minute walk to the Museum of Fine Arts, and the Fens and Victory Gardens.

Directions: the Fenway, near Kenmore Square

More about Howard Johnson Fenway Park

Very Strong Smoke and Mildew Odors

by TripAdvisor Member kestrelNh

We had stayed at this motel about 5 years ago also for medical reasons and it has deteriorated horribly since. This visit we were unable to find another hotel to stay in, therefore, we ended up here by default for 2 nights. The first night we were on the first floor. This room had a very moldy smell and the room was very old. I immediately went to the drugstore next door to buy a candle to attempt to mask the odors.
We had to use the hotel shuttle back from the hospital the first night. The desk had informed us the last shuttle had to be called in by 9:45 and back to the hotel by 10:00 pm. I called at 9:40 and was told the van would be there in 10 minutes-it came in less than 5 minutes which might have been a good thing except my daughter expected the 10 minutes they said and was not outside yet waiting with us. The driver stated he would not wait for her. Fortunately, she returned almost immediately.The driver did not get out to help us in despite the fact that we had several bags, a stroller and a baby in a car seat. The driver took off before our 4 month old was even in a seat to say nothing about the car seat being properly strapped in-- he just took off when the van door closed! The food in the restaurant was horrible (ate less than 10%) and overpriced. The windows were very old and did not feel secure for a first floor room. The chain lock on the door did not work properly. There was a second open door into the motel that had a card key but it was never locked allowing anyone into the hallways out of view of the main desk. The front desk person was not even at the desk later that evening when another party was checking in. These people were calling out "hello" when the staff appeared from a stairway.
The second night we were told we had to move to the second floor even though we had a baby with a stroller. We ended up hauling the stroller up the stairs by ourselves. The vending machines were broken. There was no staff available for any assistance. The second floor smelled so strongly of smoke that we both woke up with a headache. The only pleasant thing about this stay was one of the shuttle driver who was from Africa--he was the only helpful pleasant person we ran into during this stay. I would do everything within my power NEVER to stay here again!

What a dump!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Bosox33

Stay away from the Howard Johnson's on Boyleston St.

High prices for a hotel that is literally falling apart. We stayed at the hotel a few times for Red Sox games. Each year the price of the rooms keep getting inflated and the hotel keeps deteriorating. Our room had bugs in it along with a terrible smell from the hallway. No way is this hotel worth the rate they are charging. My kids wanted to use the pool but we were afraid the chlorine would melt their skin off. The owners need to realize that their place is not a 4 star hotel price. Never again will we stay at this dump no matter how convienient it was to stay at.

They even have the audacity to charge us a parking fee because of the Red Sox game. Bad enough we overpaid for the hotel and now the parking fee. I guess they just want to suck every dollar from you there.

Stay away if you know what's good for you.........

Play Ball!

by TripAdvisor Member MOAC

What a nice surprise! Great place, handy to public transportation, fine neighborhood and, oh, by the way, the hotel is located next to Fenway! Our room was pleasant, clean and decorated fine. We'll definitely stay there again if we get lucky enough to get Red Sox tickets again :-) Actually, we'll stay there whenever the occasion brings us to Bean Town. Staff was friendly also.

HoJo is OK

by TripAdvisor Member UKTomsk

The room was spacious. Furniture and decor were a little old but serviceable. Curtains were a bit dirty, but bedlinen and bathroom were perfectly clean. Strange smell in hallway, but it didn't come into the room.
The area felt safe and the hotel is on a bus route and 5 minutes from the 'T" train. It was a cheap deal on Hotwire and I'd stay there again given a similar deal.

Quite happy

by TripAdvisor Member valettaLondonUK

Rooms are nice and spacious. Clean and bright.
I had problems getting the wireless internet in my room and they moved me to another room where I got it and I am happy with the results. Two nice gentlemen at the reception who had to deal with me after I wasnt happy about not receiving the internet in the old room.I have stayed in 26 hotels throught america in the last 3 months and cant complain about this hotel. Good location and price for the area. Boston hotels are not cheap but this hotel is reasonable. If there is a funny smell in the halls , I cant smell it. Maybe its coming from the chinese restaurant downstairs.
Overall its a nice hotel.

Comments