Hyatt Regency Boston

See Amenities
cjg1's Profile Photo

A Good City Stay

by written on February 28, 2014

The Hyatt Regency Boston has become our go to hotel when wanting to stay in the city itself. The location is very good and makes it easy to venture out on foot to all the local attractions in the area.

We first stayed here in early 2014 and have come back twice since. The hotel is a nice property with friendly service and comfortable rooms. The one time we had their breakfast; it was crap so we never tried it again. The Bar/lounge is pretty good with decent bar food and drinks.

The rooms are a nice size for a city hotel; clean and comfortable with the standard furnishings and ameneties. Surprisingly all of our stays have been restful with little to no noise in the hallways which a pleasant change from other hotels in Boston we have stayed.

PAID A FULL WEEK WITHOUT EVEN STAYING THERE!!!!!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 9, 2011

I made reservations here online for a business seminar two months in advance. Soon thereafter, due to work scheduling, I could not make it so I decided to cancel. Little did I know, the reservation I made included a small print statement of full pre-payment with no cancellations. I spoke to two people there and discussed my situation and noted the early notice to cancel but they would not bulge. No customer service whatsoever and sounded like some cheap motel receptions. WHAT A SCAM!

I realize the economy is unstable but still, they have no effort to live up to their name, or what I USED TO think of their standards.

NEVER MAKING RESERVATIONS WITH HYATT WORLDWIDE!!!

Unique Quality: WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE AND CANCELLATION FLEXIBILITY!!! DO NOT MAKE RESERVATIONS HERE!!!

morochaargentina's Profile Photo

nice

by written on July 23, 2008

It used to be the swiss hotel, VERY nice building, VERY nice rooms, VERY upscale, VERY big rooms. Nice location, close to lots of attractions, not the nicest area at night, but not dangerous AT ALL.

You have to pay for parking($40... don't orget it's downtown BOSTON! It's not the hotel's fault you choose to be thre!) and you have to pay for internet (this IS their fault, internet should be free)

jenn5179's Profile Photo

Great Location, wonderful accomodations

by written on January 4, 2008

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency, and it was wonderful.

Clean, recently remodeled rooms. Staff was incredibly helpful, concierge very good with restaurants, walking routes, etc

Walking distance to shopping, dining, etc

AuTourDuMonde32's Profile Photo

Get a good deal.. or save the $ for a good meal...

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 24, 2007

My stay was disappointing, though all together a nice one.
I see the rave reviews by those who paid less than $200 for their rooms.. and if I had, I'd be raving with them..
I however, booked through the site, last minute and wound up paying nearly $500 for a room.
Granted I upgraded ($100) for a "Corner King"

Let me say, the corner king, was not at all how they portrayed it on the site or even when I had called to reserve. They gave me a room, **IN** a corner, rather than *ON* a corner, which is ridiculous..and to make it worse, it was on the 10th floor..with a gorgeous view of another building 30m away... Luckily it was a slow weekend and I was able to bump up to the 22nd flr... which is what saved the day.
Besides the upgrade discrepency, I have no one but myself to blame for the problems in value~

My room was unremarkable.. The view was obtuse though high.. and the bathroom was simply a standard room bathroom, only with a phone in it.
The WORST part of this hotel is the small size of the windows.. I don't understand the design.. Why put simple square windows of unremarkable size in a property with such panoramic potential~?

Up sides are many~>
The facilities were great, the service was great and the location especially for those using the South Station, is great.. I enjoyed the suana and the fitness area/pool.. although it was a maze to get to..

Basically what I'm saying is this..
Don't expect too much for the place.. and be weary of upgrades..
If you get a fair deal, jump at it.. Otherwise, stay somewhere less expensive/inflated and spend the change in one of Bostons truely incredible restaurants~

4/5

Unique Quality: Sauna, walking distance to much.

Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

An Excellent Hotel

by written on August 15, 2006

On our recent trip to Boston we were lucky enough to stay here again. I really like this hotel for its amenities and of course its location. We arrived late morning and we were happy to be able to check-in as a room was available for us. We were given a wonderful large King room on the 12th floor.

The beds are heavenly, large oversized with a pillow top, egyptian cotton and large pillows. The size of the room is good with a desk and a chaise to sit at to do some reading. The temperture of the room was perfect, especially since it was so hot outside.

Our Previous stays:. During one of my earlier returns to Boston for a vt meeting we stayed here the first night. This hotel is centrally located and quite nice. The rooms are kept quite cold and looking for the thermostat was an adventure. I actually prefer to have my room a bit chilled as I can wrap myself in with the nice comforters. I really don't enjoy a stuffy room.

Because this was a Hot Wire stay, we weren't able to get the room type we are so use to getting. We had two double beds which made us laugh because we had to put the beds together all night long just to keep them from separating as we slept.

Overall the hotel was a great deal and I loved the great lobby with its two lounges.

Unique Quality: During our most recent visit in July 2008 we decided to priceline the hotel (our trip was a last minute decision) and we were very pleased that we were staying at the Hyatt . We got this hotel for $100 (Yay)!!

Previous stay: A Hot Wire find, the hotel did not have any Queen or King rooms availble upon our check in this particular weekend so we were stuck with a double room. We did save 40% off the going rate, which is quite nice for a centrally located hotel. The prices range from $229-$450 per night, we paid around $140.

The beds were nice and comfy with nice down comforters to keep us warm as the room was quite chilly.

Self parking per night is $26, Valet parking per night is $36

Directions: In the heart of the financial District.

vivimero's Profile Photo

good position

by written on July 19, 2006

wonderful. great room, good breakfast (even if in the USA is never included in the price...) and excellent room service. actaully after the musical ANNIE I indulged myself with a room service dinner. I had the famous chowder and one time pizza. i should say that was good.

nice people
easy to get almost everywhere

Unique Quality: swimming pool
even if..no time to use it!

Hyatt Regency Boston Financial District

by written on March 7, 2005

This hotel was pretty nice. Our room was clean, a decent size and the bedding was very comfortable. This hotel was also located right next to the T train and in walking distance to many attractions. A few of the staff members were a bit rude but most people there were pleasant. Also, check in wasn't until 4 ( a bit late), but they of course held our bags for us while we walked around.

cjg1's Profile Photo

Hotwire comes thru.

by written on November 15, 2003

We had a room here the first night of the November 2003 Meeting. Decent enough place although the thermostat was so well hidden i didnt find it til morning. COLD COLD room because of that. That and because we were on a hotwire discount stay they did not have the room type we wanted available. We had two twin beds we had to push together. Made for an interesting time of things.

Unique Quality: Hotwire saved me about 40% on this room from all the other websites i could find. It was about 130 before the parking charge. If you need a downtown hotel this was a pretty good one.

I again would stay here except that its not a hilton and my budget cant afford multiple hotel chains if i am to maintain my way with any of them. However. Once those 16 stays a year are covered I'd jump on a deal here.

pili's Profile Photo

A really nice hotel

by written on March 9, 2003

This hotel is really nice and comfortable. The rooms are so spacious and elegants and the staff is very professional and helpful. It´s in walking distance to anything in Boston you want to see.-

Directions: Downtown Area. One block from Boston Common

Nathalie_B's Profile Photo

Swissotel Boston

by written on September 1, 2002

The Swissotel are known as a very good hotels around the world. If you're lucky (like I was) you may get a room for a very reasonable price. In the middle of July I paid $139 per night, which is not bad for a Deluxe hotel. Usual price is around $250 per night.

Unique Quality: Perfect location, large comfortable rooms (some with great views), swimming pool, gym, bar, 24-hour room service and a very professional stuff that is ready to help you at any time.

Directions: Chinatown and Theatre District

Dr._Aldakov's Profile Photo

Swissotel

by written on August 25, 2002

Their own price is quite high: 130$ per night for a double. But try using internet for reservation (I recommend www.priceline.com).

Unique Quality: It is really luxurious hotel. But made with taste. All staff is perfect, all typical facilities present, there's even a pool inside. Very cosy. Quite expensive if booked directly but through www.Priceline.com it costed me 65$ (double) which is OK.

rids's Profile Photo

Decor - Luxurious and modern

by written on August 25, 2002

Did not stay here this trip, but it would be one of my choices. Close to downtown shopping and theatres.

VT insists on calling this one of the hotels on their "preferred list" even though it is not there. Go figure - must be a glitch in the program and I hope they fix it.

Unique Quality: Luxury hotels, known around the world.

Nearby Hyatt Regency Boston

• Spa
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Boston Travel Forum

Need advice about Boston, Massachusetts? Visit the Travel Forum for Boston and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Boston hotel reviews

Dealing with locals
Water Shuttles
Commuter Rail
Transportation
Bull & Finch Pub (Cheers)
Tips for Eating in Boston