La Cappella Suites

290 North St, Boston, Massachusetts, 02113, United States

More about Boston

The entrance to the yard.The entrance to the yard.

Lobster SlidersLobster Sliders

menumenu

meme

i was wondering

by karama

how old you have to be to ride the go karts and what is the f1licents ? also do you only have to pay to drive the go kart and not to enter how many times can you go around the track?

Re: i was wondering

by alansm

I'm not sure anybody can answer this without knowing what go carts you are talking about. Regardless, if you know the place (which it appears you do), just call them directly ask your questions. They will know the true answers.

Re: i was wondering

by Bilimari

Everything you want to know about F1GoKarts in Boston is here.

Travel Tips for Boston

STORE 24

by moiraistyx

Store 24 is a chain of convenience stores located all over Boston and through out Massachusettes. I had the "honor" of having worked for one to help put myself through college. There really isn't anything special about these stores other than they are open 24 hours a day. Don't go in and ask for change, they'll make you buy something even if it's only a nickel gum. I don't know if I would call it a fond memory, but while I was working at Store 24, Juno, my boss and I had the terrible luck of having a patron get stabbed by her boyfriend in front of the store. He scared off the attacker while I called 911. It was terribly scarey and gave us nightmares for a long, long time.

The BIG DIG- Boston's big construction project!

by genki44

About eleven years ago our city affectionately called 'Beantown' by some, decided it had to do something about the major traffic problem (one of the worst in the country), causing long commutes and many accidents.

ELEVEN years you might ask?

Yes, repeatedly the date has been extended for when the BIG DIG will be done! as costs, too have have been increased, so that what it will cost in the end is probably quadruple what the estimated in the beginning!!

The Project: Take the highway, which runs through the downtown boston, and move it underground, effectively increasing the number of lanes, and also creating more land on the ground, which could then be turned into parks and open spaces.

However, some say that the eleven years of having roads and ramps changed and blocked every other week (leaving us Bostonians lost in our city) is just not worth it!

Example: just the other day I could have chose two options to get over to the Harvard in Cambridge, and I chose to go through the city and get off at Storrow Drive, but Storrow was blocked off, and I had to drive back through the city to where I came from and then go the other way.

The big dig really has been a nuisance to say the least for Bostonians who drive, and for tourists who rent a car while here....

However, in the next year, many landmark openings of the Big Dig will occur, and the project will,.... they now say.... (which you may take with a grain of salt!) that the BIG DIG will be done in about 26 months....

Being a bostonian,... I'll believe it when i see it!

For interesting facts and pictures about the Big Dig, visit the Big Dig's very own website:

http://www.bigdig.com/ The picture below is of the 100 million dollar recently opened bridge with the longest name of any bridge around:

the "Leonard P. Zakin Bunker Hill Bridge"

According to Big Dig.Com:

"With its graceful lines and 270-foot towers, the Leonard P. Zakim Bunker Hill Bridge fuses Boston's future with its historic past. Swiss bridge designer Christian Menn conceived the bridge to reflect, with its inverted Y-shaped towers, the shape of the Bunker Hill Monument in neighboring Charlestown. In addition to the Battle of Bunker Hill, the bridge is also dedicated to the life of civil rights activist Lenny Zakim. It serves as a permanent memorial to a man who bridged many gaps. See about the October '02 bridge dedication.

The bridge, at 1,457 feet long, emerges from the underground Central Artery near the Fleet Center at Causeway Street, crossing the river to make connections with both I-93 and Route 1. "

See the capitol with its shiny...

by noahsdad

See the capitol with its shiny gold dome. Go to Harvard Yard, see the venerable old university buildings, and mingle with the academic elite. Walk the winding streets of Southie and experience the city's Italian-American heritage. Attending a wedding at the Ritz-Carlton.

Baseball

by cjg1

Last seat in the right field stands. This is where I sat at my first game outside of Yankee Stadium. I was about enough 16 and enjoyed the seat. Only because we didnt have to move. I even then was wearing a Blue Jays hat and chearing as they went on to beat the Red Sox that night. I do not remember people being all over my case back then. Maybe I was too young? Doubt that but hey.

Mmmm, NECCO!

by jessicadf

Imagine my delight when we pulled in to the parking lot of our hotel and I saw the Necco candy headquarters next door! If only it wasn't a Sunday, I'd have seen if I could have had a tour. Mmmm.... dry, dusty, sweet candy goodness. :-)

Comments