Boston Hotels

Our Members Say

• alycat profile photo alycat
  • Reviews: 436

Extended Stay America: Business accomodation

Nice clean rooms, with low noise levels. Check out time is 11 am

Since its an extended stay, they have fridge, stove, and toaster. Good sized TV and good solid working air conditioner. What more does a business traveler need!

• Related to: Business Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written January 31, 2014

• CEP1863 profile photo CEP1863
  • Reviews: 213

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Revere Hotel: Great hotel, fantastic location

A brilliant stay in Boston was made even better with my stay at the Revere Hotel. The check-in process started with a welcoming glass of champagne, something that was unexpected but very pleasant. Staff were incredibly helpful and nothing was too much trouble. The concierge was incredibly knowledgeable and excellent in his procurement of tickets for the different things that we wanted to experience and see during our stay.

The hotel has been recently renovated and although it is quite a big hotel, it still manages to retain a boutique charm. There is a fitness centre and swimming pool for guests to use. The room was light and spacious and also had quite a nice sized balcony. The bathroom was well proportioned and had a really good shower. Beds were really comfortable - perfect after a day's exploring.

The location of the hotel is perfect, a five minute stroll from Boston Common and the nearest subway station and also close to the Theatre District and Chinatown. There are a number of excellent restaurants all within a short walking distance from the hotel. Without doubt a hotel to make anyone's stay in Boston even better.

Lovely boutique feel.
Welcoming and helpful staff.
Fantastic concierge.
Swimming pool and fitness centre.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Theater Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Luxury Travel
  • Written October 20, 2013

Room in the Revere Hotel

• violette_ca profile photo violette_ca
  • Reviews: 101

SpringHill Suites Boston Andover (Marriott): Nice hotel

Nice and clean room with microwave oven , frig and sink
Good breakfast with fruit, eggs, cheese, cereals, waffles, english muffin and sausage.
It was great to stay there.

There is a wooded to take a walking.
There is swiming pool with a hot tub.

• Related to: Family Travel
  • Written June 29, 2010

• Tsurius profile photo Tsurius
  • Reviews: 4

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Courtyard By Marriott Boston Copley Square: A terrific hotel!!

Hello....I had a drive into Boston with the wife the other day and had to book a room fairly quickly. So we jumped on Essentravel.com and got a great rate on the Marriott. Parking was inexpensive and that was a plus. The rooms were comfy and clean, the beds were a bit stiff but we managed to sleep ok. We were very satisfied with the continental breakfast also.

All in all, a great stay, if youre ever in beantown, check it out!!

Link Owner: Walter Fielding

• Related to: Music, Beaches, Architecture
  • Written December 2, 2009

• Barbie2138 profile photo Barbie2138
  • Reviews: 38

The Cameron Inn: A Little Stinky...But You Can't Beat The Price

I booked The Cameron Inn after finding out my usual accomodations at the Morrison House were booked. I sent out a distress call through cyberspace via Live Journal. The Davis Square Group is the best when it comes to helping out. I got several suggestions and settled on The Caameron Inn. For $70 a night, I got two twin beds, a private shower and toilet, refrigerator and cooking facilities and it was very quiet. The room had a flat screen tv and private phone line as well. The owner was amicable and sent me directions and a friendly e-mail prior to my arrival. She greeted me at the door, handed me the key and I never saw her again. Be prepared tomake your own bed and take out your own garbage. The room could have used a good cleaning and I had my doubts about the sheets being fresh but I settled in. The biggest annoyance and for me, this is a BIG MINUS for the place was the pungent smell of feline urine in the place. I sprayed endlessly and burned incense while I was there. The inn is just off the corner of Cameron and Mass Ave. There is a restaurant right on the corner and lots of other places to eat nearby. There are numerous shops within walking distance. If you take the walking path next to the inn, you will be in davis Square and can hop on the Redline in 5 minutes. Convenience and Price...It was worth the smell....well sort of.

Believe it or not, it was the convenience store on the corner. The place lives up to its name; Friendly's. There is also a small park and walking path next door. You can get take-out and eat alfresco or just read at twilight.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Singles
  • Written August 10, 2009

The Entrance...Yes Those Are Weeds

• risse73 profile photo risse73
  • Reviews: 258

Accommodation Options in Boston

Boston is quite an expensive city to visit; however, there are many accommodation options available for any budget--from 5 stars to no stars.

Luxury hotels include the Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons, Fairmont Copley, etc. There are also other luxurious hotels around and trendy boutique hotels. Check meta-search sites like Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Kayak, etc. for them. Mid-range hotels as well as relatively inexpensive ones are also on the offer. As for a cheap hotel in Boston, there's no such thing as everything in Boston is quite expensive, but there may be some relatively affordable ones in the city OR cheaper accommodation options in the outskirts.

Boston also offers other accommodation choices such as B & Bs, inns, lodges, guest houses, and even apartment rentals. These rentals are to be recommended for longer stays (one week or more) and can be easily found through Craigslist (search Boston's Craigslist for ads).

For the budget-minded, there are some visible hostels in town:

* HI Boston (Fenway)
575 Commonwealth Ave, Boston - (617) 267-8599

* HI Boston (Downtown)
12 Hemenway St, Boston - (617) 536-1027

* Beantown Boston International Hostel
222 Friend St, Boston - (617) 723-0800

Never stayed in these places myself, so cannot comment on them. Make sure you read the on-line reviews carefully to determine which place is more suitable for your taste. I've started reading some of the reviews for the HI Boston Fenway hostel and it sounds like a decent place so far.

Do check these supposedly alternative "cheap" accommodation options in Boston:

* Milner Hotel
78 Charles St S - Boston, MA, 02116 USA

* Boston Irish Embassy Hostel
232 Friend St. - Boston, MA 02114 USA

* Commonwealth Court Guest House (Back Bay)
284 Commonwealth Ave. - Boston, MA 02116 USA

* Oasis Guest House (Back Bay)
22 Edgerly Road - Boston, MA 02115 USA

....Do check more B & B options here:

...And do check the YMCAs in Boston:

....As well as the YWCA in Boston:

I believe the YWCA takes both female & male guests, and I think they also operate a 3 star hotel called "Hotel 140."

Good Luck!!!

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Arts and Culture, Historical Travel, Architecture
  • Written August 5, 2009

• BruceDunning profile photo BruceDunning
  • Reviews: 3595

Motel 6: Stay in the Suburbs

The motel was rather nice for the pride, and that is the point. I was going on the cheap, but with quality. Truckers do stay there, but I did not see a lot of long term stays, other than some construction workers.

Right intersection of Hwy 114 and Hwy 1. It is fairly easy to get back to it. Finding the motel is another story because from the airport you wind from Hwy 1 to 1A to 60 Easy, to 114, etc.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Arts and Culture
  • Written October 17, 2008

Front of motel

• Donna_in_India profile photo Donna_in_India
  • Reviews: 919

Comfort Inn - Woburn: Too far out in traffic

I'm putting this on the Boston pages because it's close enough for the shortish commute and prices are much less than in Boston. However, if you have to travel during rush hours, I'd stay closer to/in the city. It took us almost an hour to get to Longwood Medical area in the morning.

The hotel was nice enough. Actually had a fabulously comfortable bed with lots of pillows. Free wireless internet in the room and also a computer in the lobby. Room was clean and had refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker. The breakfast was really basic so we skipped it and went to McDonald's (a minute's walk). There are several restaurants in the area and even some that deliver to the hotel. Front desk has menus.

Overall hotel was nice and clean but because of the traffic, not sure that I'd recommend it.

• Written September 20, 2008

• songlines profile photo songlines
  • Reviews: 68

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Rodeway Logan Inn: A fine place to stay!

Before I left for Boston, I checked out this place via Trip Adviser, the general idea was that it was not fantastic. Well, I would like to disagree because in my experience this place was clean, friendly and with a very efficient shuttle serice to the T-line stations, the Airport or anything inbetween. There was free coffee or tea to be got at reception. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Because the room was at the back of the Inn, there was no noise from the road. The service was very friendly too.
I would recommend this place to people who want to get on with their business of visiting Boston and surrounding area, though it is a little while from the city centre, which was a drawback, but I think if you have your own transport, then it is absolutely perfect.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Road Trip
  • Written July 15, 2008

Rodeway Inn Logan

• BorneoGrrl profile photo BorneoGrrl
  • Reviews: 731

Hilton Boston/Dedham Hotel: Out of Boston but comfy stay

The Hilton Boston/Dedham is situated about 12 miles out of Boston and provides a comfortable stay for those on a road trip or on business. It has 256 rooms with comfortable beds, Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries, coffee machine & wireless internet (not free though).

When I arrived, the concierge & front desk were busy with the many guests staying over that night so I dragged my own bag to my room. I was just so tired so I didn't really care about it. The Cafe featuring Starbucks serves snacks and beverages (including Starbucks coffee). The buffet breakfast at the The Fountain Blue Grille had a good choice of food.

• Related to: Business Travel, Road Trip
  • Written November 30, 2007

Comfy double beds

• easterntrekker profile photo easterntrekker
  • Reviews: 2084

Courtyard by Marriott Woburn/Boston North: A convenient place to stay in Boston

This was a good pick for a hotel with all the comforts the Marriot has to offer ( love that pillow top bed) for a great price and on an esay train route to downtown. It cost us $105.00 a night.

We just took the commuter train inton the North staion and then the metro anywhere we wanted to go . It cost $27.00 return for two for the whole trip.

Weekend free buffet breakfast was in effect . Usually the breakfast buffet is $10.00 , and its a nice large buffet..pretty good deal !

• Related to: Road Trip, Family Travel, Business Travel
  • Written August 7, 2007

• Jehcekah profile photo Jehcekah
  • Reviews: 201

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Bulfinch Hotel: Cramped, expensive, lack of customer service

My family and I stayed in three separate rooms for three nights in April 2007 (for the Boston Marathon) at the Bulfinch Hotel. It was difficult finding accomodations in the city for a reasonable price during the marathon, but we were happy to find the Bulfinch which looked great from their website. The property is a boutique hotel, which is supposed to be high quality, but can lack in some areas such as space and staff members. Our first issue with the Bulfinch came when we checked in and went to our room. My husband and I were in a room with our two year old son. Before our trip, we contacted the hotel by email to request a complementary crib for the room. The manager assured us by email that the crib was added to our reservation. However, when we entered our room, no crib was set up. I called down to the front desk and was told that a crib would be sent up in 10-15 minutes. After waiting for over 15 minutes, we all went downstairs to their new restaurant for some food. When we went back to our room over an hour later, there still was no crib. Once again, I called down to the front desk. 20 minutes later, with a very over tired toddler and without a crib, I called down again. This time the receptionist told me that the elevator wasn't working, but it should be fixed soon and when it is working again, she'd send a crib upstairs. Because my son needed to go to sleep asap, my husband instead carried the crib up the stairs HIMSELF. Of course, after setting up the crib in the room, we discovered that it was without sheets. After yet another call, someone eventually brought up some sheets. My husband then told the desk to tell the manager that he wanted to speak with them about the situation. The next day, the same front desk girl told us that she never talked to her manager, but that she would later. Eventually someone called us from guest services and after explaining what happened, they agreed to lower our rate for the next two nights from $175 to $150.

We heard many other guests complaining about various other issues throughout our stay. One unfortunate woman was even stuck in the elevator for a period of time after it had supposedly been fixed. I understand that smaller hotels do not always have staff available for every little problem, but they should have made arrangements to have extra staff available since a special event was being held. Two of the rooms my family was in did not get cleaned until they had to call the front desk and complain. Plenty of minor issues built up for us over the course of our stay and we do not plan to stay there again.

The new restaurant, The Flat Iron, had just opened before our trip. It was very nice and had great food, but the prices were very steep. A breakfast buffet is available every morning at $16.00 a person, but the food was certainly worth the price. This hotel does not cater to the average tourist, so if you're expecting a Best Western experience, look elsewhere.

The location of the hotel was its best feature. It is within walking distance from North Station on the "T" line and the area is full of restaurants which range from brew pub to fine eating.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Architecture, Business Travel, Luxury Travel
  • Written July 31, 2007

• jtbro86 profile photo jtbro86
  • Reviews: 7

Best Western Adams Inn: Hidden Gem for Hotels

Our stay started out rocky, but it ended up being great. The only thing that threw us off was the need to be 21 to use a credit card. I wanted to use mine, but instead had to find an ATM and get cash out. I'm not sure how it works with reservations, but he seemed to be okay with my underage friend being rented a room.

Other than that, the place was great. The price was amazing compared to anything else in Boston. It is a few blocks away from the train station which was not a big deal. It took us straight to downtown and to Fenway when we needed.

It has a great view of the river. We had a first floor room facing the river and it was as nice as it sounds.

There is also a great outdoor bar that had live music when we were there.

• Related to: School Holidays, Road Trip, Budget Travel
  • Written March 14, 2007

View from our window

• Bunsch profile photo Bunsch
  • Reviews: 546

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Convent of the Sisters of St. Margaret: Need spiritual refreshment?

Like many people, I lead a frenetic life. To maintain some balance and to make space for God, I try to make semi-regular retreats at the Society of St. Margaret, whose mother-house is located in Boston. A portion of the convent was actually the home of William Lloyd Garrison, an active abolitionist. There is also a wonderful retreat center in Duxbury, Massachusetts, which is open during the summer months. An overnight stay in Boston, including all meals, is $50.00. Guests are welcome to worship with the Sisters -- who are in chapel for Morning Prayer, the Eucharist, Noonday Prayers, Evening Prayer, and Compline -- or not, as they choose. Most meals are taken in silence. Guests are free to pray in the chapel, oratory, or in the icon room; there is also a spacious deck which overlooks the City of Boston, and grounds where one can walk contemplatively, as well as a full library. (In Duxbury, the convent property is right on Duxbury Bay.) Directed retreats are sometimes available.

Updated April 2011: the Roxbury convent is no longer accepting guests. In 2012, the Sisters expect to have a more spacious, year-round facility available in Duxbury.

This is holy ground. It's obviously possible to encounter God anywhere, but some places seem to be steeped in prayer. When I come, it is as though I lay all my burdens down at the front door -- and often, as I depart, I neglect to pick them back up! The Sisters are so hospitable and so grace-filled that I always rediscover that I am beloved.

• Related to: Religious Travel
  • Written February 13, 2007

The back of Garrison House on convent grounds

• tojoh profile photo tojoh
  • Reviews: 52

Irving House: Close to Harvard University

I recently visited Cambridge, Massachusetts for the first time. I spent an excellent day in the beautiful, historic area around Harvard.

If, like me, you travel a lot, you appreciate really good accommodation. I spent two nights at Irving Guest House, which I can recommend without reservations.

There is a free wireless network throughout the building and a computer available in the lounge by the lobby. The rooms are cozy and very clean. And there are books in all the rooms, which I particularly liked. All of this made me feel right at home and I hope to be back at Irving House soon.

• Related to: Historical Travel, Museum Visits, Budget Travel
  • Written February 11, 2007
Tip Photo

Situated in a quiet street close to Harvard

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful