Boston Hotels

• Helga67 profile photo Helga67
  • Reviews: 2612

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hampton Inn Boston Logan Airport

Hampton Inn Boston Logan Airport is actually located in Revere, a suburb north of Boston. It's about 10 minutes from Logan International Airport and is very convenient for a short stopover. I choose this hotel over one in downtown Boston because the prices are about half the price of what you'd have to pay for a downtown hotel.

It is no problem to get to Boston. The hotel offers free shuttles to the metro (T-station: Wood Island - blue line) from where it takes another 10 minutes to downtown Boston.

All rooms have data ports for internet access. We had a king studio. It was very spacious with 2 rooms: a kitchenette with eating/sitting room and a spacious bedroom with bathroom. Every room had TV with internet access and movie channel. We also had a gorgeous view over Boston.

The hotel has free parking space, a fitness room, indoor heated swimming pool, an ATM machine, free local calls, hot breakfast and 24-hours airport shuttle.

• Written October 20, 2006

Hampton Inn

• moiraistyx profile photo moiraistyx
  • Reviews: 664

DOUBLETREE SUITES WALTHAM: THE BREAKFAST BUFFET MAKES IT WORTH IT

Because SES is a Hilton rewards member, we always stay in Hilton properties. This is his favorite hotel in the Boston area so of course when we went to Boston this is where we stayed. I really liked the hotel because there were separate sleeping areas for us and Patrick. Patrick liked it because we were on the eight floor and it had glass elevators. This hotel has a terrific buffet style breakfast. It includes fruits, pastries, breakfast meats and eggs cooked to order.

• Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written August 20, 2006

• Gypsystravels profile photo Gypsystravels
  • Reviews: 3266

Doubletree Guest Suites' Boston: Doubletree Guest Suites, Boston - Waltham

This is a fantastic hotel, just miles from downtown Boston. It is an inexpensive hotel for those looking for more in a hotel at the least possible rate. The room is a suite and as a Hilton Honors member we usually get the upgrade to an 8th floor corner room. The hotel itself is quite nice with a large lobby and reception area. On my last visit here the lobby was packed with people for some sort of celebration taking place here at the hotel.

The beds are quite nice and comfy with a basic decor. One of the best things about the hotel is that it is quite inexpensive compared to some of the other area hotels. We usually pay around $99+ tax, parking is included which is an added benefit.

As a Hiton Honers Gold or Diamond member there is a complimentary Sunday breakfast buffet which you must remind them at check-in so they can give you the vouchers. With a huge selection of breakfast items you really can't go wrong.

I usually order an egg white omelet with plenty of coffee, juice and fruit.

It really is a great bargain in the Boston area and only about 2 miles from the city center.

• Related to: Arts and Culture, Museum Visits, Historical Travel
  • Written August 15, 2006

Our bed

• goingsolo profile photo goingsolo
  • Reviews: 2750

Four Points Boston Logal Airport: Four Points Boston Logal Airport

I found this to be a much better bet than the Hilton. For one thing, it was much cheaper. The hotel is not on the airport grounds. In fact, when taking the shuttle over to the hotel, I began to wonder if it was actually located in the state of Massachusetts. In actuality, its about a 10 minute ride away.

The 4 Points hotels are really making great strides at being as comfortable as a Sheraton. I'm actually starting to like them a little better. The "Four Comfort Beds" are not as great as the "Sweet Sleepers", but they are a lot better than the old hard mattresses offered at these "Sheraton lite" hotels. The hotel also offers free wireless access. A pretty big perk considering most hotels charge $12 and up for this service.

The rooms are on the small side, but everything was in working order. The hotel also had a pretty good Japanese restaurant which served Benihana style meals at fairly reasonable prices. The chocolate cookies offered at check in were a nice perk.

The hotel shuttle operates 24 hours and is very punctual. Its rare to find shuttle service every 15 minutes for an early morning flight.

All in all, I'd have to recommend this place. It wasn't cheap, but more affordable than the on airport hotels. And, for me, the greatest perk of all was that I didn't have to drive to or around Boston.

• Related to: Road Trip, Business Travel
  • Written August 12, 2006

• Barbie2138 profile photo Barbie2138
  • Reviews: 38

Morrison House: An Unexpected Treasure

On my latest trip to Boston, I decided to be a little "adventurous" in an attempt to save $$ on lodging. After reading one of the message boards online which suggested Morrison House, I gave them a call. I'm glad I did. I made my reservation online with Ron one of the hosts. It was simple and quick. Everything about this place is great. I had the small room which was $75 per night, great view and included phone, clock/alarm, cd player, tv, dvd player and adequate closet space. I had access to computer and laundry facilities as well. Thanks Ron for showing me how to use that awesome washer! I shared a bathroom and it was no problem. I also had a great view of the street and neighborhood. The bed was oh so comfy as well. Every morning Ron or his wife Linda sets a great breakfast table which includes Linda's freshly baked goodies and the sweetest, freshest fruit and delicious bread. Breakfast also includes creal (five choices) coffee, juice and tea. Staying here is like being at home only better. If you book 7 nights you only pay for 6! A 15 day stay cost me $975 (including tax). In Boston, that's unheard of.

Location, attention to detail, the great neighborhood (check out JP Licks in Davis for outta site ice-cream while listening to street musicians in the evening or catch a movie ($4 matinee) at the Somerville Theater also in Davis Square, convenient location, clean, wonderful hosts (Ron practicing piano during the day), great breakfast!!!!!!

• Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written August 5, 2006

Breakfast at Morrison House...Off to a Great Start

• johngayton profile photo johngayton
  • Reviews: 3197

Super8 Motel, Watertown: A Bit Out of Town

A variation of this tip appears on my Watertown page but given that the hotel is just off the freeway, about 15 mins out of Logan Airport and is relatively accessible by public transport via Cambridge Central T station and either a bus or taxi from there, then I have included it here in Boston as well.

The Super 8 here at Watertown is pretty much a typical super 8 - everything exactly as it should be. Decent sized room, everything spotless and working. When I booked the hotel it wasn’t selling itself as having in-room WiFi though a notice in reception does - but it didn’t happen in my room unfortunately. However my dial-up worked fine with a local call toll free number.

Reception was particularly helpful with bus timetables and local info and had I had the time I might have stopped off here for a couple of days. Hotel was a little pricey for a Super8 at about $100 per night, but then it was Easter weekend and the Boston Marathon at the time, such is life.

No complaints at all about this hotel.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Beer Tasting, Trains, Road Trip
  • Written June 19, 2006

• bertrand1980 profile photo bertrand1980
  • Reviews: 5

Bed and Breakfast Agency of Boston: Nice apartment downtown

If you come to Boston with some friends, 3-4 or 5 people, have a look at this place (http://www.boston-bnbagency.com). They have great apartments, with fully-equipped kitchen and bathroom. You can usually fit at least 4 or 5 people in a one bedroom apartment, and at around $150 a night, downtown Boston, it's a really good deal. The apartments are in very good condition. I stayed two times in one of those apartments and i've never been disappointed.

• Written April 20, 2006

• johnnytech profile photo johnnytech
  • Reviews: 6

Holiday Inn Brookline: Great Budget Hotel for families + Go Boston Card

The location of this hotel is perfect for families and budget travelers who want to be near the city but know that for a little less money you can still get a whole lot more. I really like this package because it includes the Go Boston Card, a value card in Boston which is the best way to see many Boston attractions without paying out the wallet for it.

The hotel is located in beautiful, safe and family-favorite Brookline just outside of Boston but accessible by T. Many Boston residents live in Brookline as that it is 5 stops from the Back Bay. The hotel itself is one stop away from Shopping, Restaurants and the Best All-day breakfast/brunch anywhere in the city-Zafdigs! The hotel is clean, reliable and directly across from the C-line T.

This location has a pool (rarity in Boston), and the package comes with free Breakfast. The hotel is in walking distance to Coolidge Corner--a safe, family friendly neighboorhood, and also has free parking!

• Written April 4, 2006

• Duncrieviedude profile photo Duncrieviedude
  • Reviews: 3

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Information centers on the highway: Cut price hotels

Calling the hotel direct is often not the cheapest way of getting a deal, however if arriving by car, try stopping at information centres along the highway, they have loads of info and will phone the hotel and negotiate better rates for you

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written January 22, 2006

• EdinburghRoc profile photo EdinburghRoc
  • Reviews: 539

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

332 Shawmut Guest House: Better than the Hawthorn in Salem YES REALLY!

On first arriving it does not look good.
But its better than the Hawthorn in Salem.
More room with kitchen, coffee + fridge.
Cleaned everyday with continental breakfast included and at a much lower price.

YES I RECOMMED THIS HOTEL.

Close to North Station not far to walk to Chinatown or the Constitution.

Easy to reach the airport for $1.25c

You have plenty of room + a microwave if needed.
Internet access in the hotel lobby. On the second floor. + Small Breakfast room.

• Related to: Singles, Seniors, Budget Travel
  • Written October 11, 2005

Shawmut

• acemj profile photo acemj
  • Reviews: 4857

Residence Inn by Marriott: Nice corporate digs

This place is actually in Cambridge, but my friend Andrea has a nice corporate hookup here so I just had to take advantage of the free accommodations. It's in a very safe commercial neighborhood just across the Longfellow Bridge in Cambridge and only a 3 minute walk to the Kendall Square subway stop on the Red Line.

This place is great for an extended stay, particularly when your company is footin' the bill. The room had a living room, a kitchen, plenty of closet space, a sleeper sofa, high speed internet access and two televisions with cable.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written September 23, 2005
Tip Photo

• mickeydoola profile photo mickeydoola
  • Reviews: 1

Bertram Inn: Nice B&B

5 night stay, good service and helpful staff, not exactly a bargain at close to $200 a night off season, but the breakfasts were very good, and the bed was very comfy. A bit of a treck for anyone wanting to go out at night but convenient to the Green T line and a healthy walk into to town.

The rooms on the St Paul St. side might be a bit noisy in the morning. My room on that side had a window at the back so it was okay.

• Related to: Business Travel, Trains, Gay and Lesbian
  • Written September 21, 2005

• CanadianJaybird profile photo CanadianJaybird
  • Reviews: 12

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Marriott Courtyard - Revere: It's cheaper in the suburbs

We opted to stay just outside of Boston to make our trip a little more economical. The Marriott Courtyard in Revere MA, is just a short 15-20 minute drive from Logan Airport. By staying a little bit outside of the Boston city centre, we were able to cut our hotel expenses by about 50%.

The room, we were give was spacious, clean and had all the regular amenities that one would expect. The rooms have cable TV which includes HBO. I would, however, suggest asking for a room on the back side of the hotel. Our room, which was in the front faced a busy highway, which made the room a little noisy.

For internet addicts, the hotel offers a computer with free internet access in the main lobby.

The hotel is also equipped with a small fitness room, as well as a pool and hot tub. We only tried the hot tub. We found the amount of chlorine in it was unbearable. There seemed to be so much chlorine that the fumes alone were burning our eyes. We didn't stay in it long.

The staff were pleasant and helpful.

The hotel has a small breakfast restaurant. We didn't eat there however, as it seemed a little pricey, and we were anxious to get into the city where we could grab something from the many restaurants downtown. We did, however, take advantage of the complimentary coffee available in the morning.

Getting into Boston from the hotel was fairly simple. They offer a free shuttle that leaves every hour on the hour. The shuttle dropped us off at the airport subway station. From there it was only two stops to downtown. Getting back to the hotel was a little more complicated, as you need to call the hotel when you wanted them to send the shuttle to pick you up. Since there's no parking at the airport subway station, they would only send it out once you had arrived. As a result, you would often have a 20-30 minute wait on the bench outside the station.

All in all the hotel wasn't bad, and the cost savings more than made up for the minor complaints we had.

Price, Price, Price & Plenty of Free Parking

• Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel, Business Travel
  • Written June 11, 2005

Marriott Courtyard Revere

• Krumlovgirl profile photo Krumlovgirl
  • Reviews: 623

Boston HI Hostel

I spent the night here (or rather stored my luggage here) during a very long layover on my way to ireland in 2003. I got a dorm room with 6 beds and although small, it was clean and well maintained. It's a nice hostel, very clean, with an internet cafe and hairdryers in the bathroom. It's very easy to locate and close to the mass transport, although the neighborhood can be a little iffy at night. The hostel tries to encourage its guests to go out and see the city so there are little tours available to take as well as group events that the hostel puts together. This is definitely your best priced option if you are on a tight budget.

• Written June 1, 2005

• Krumlovgirl profile photo Krumlovgirl
  • Reviews: 623

Prescott Hostel

I stayed at this hostel on Memorial Day weekend and had a blast. Although it isn’t close to the center like most hostels that I have stayed at in Boston, the ambiance of it far surpassed any of the HI affiliated. The owner, Wayne, is a city councilman and is a trip. He was extremely helpful giving me directions when I ended up lost in Chinatown (don’t really know how I ended up there-too many one way streets I think) and when we walked in the hostel we felt like we had been staying there for years. The rooms were small, but the private baths were nice and clean and the water pressure good. There was a a large kitchen/bar area and common room with a big screen TV. On Saturday night Wayne had a birthday party and half the town showed up. Instead of driving into the city center everyday the hostel runs a shuttle that will take you to Wellington T stop. From there it is only three stops until Fanueil Hall.

The amenities were nice: large common room, big TV, travel brochures, and private baths. The only real drawback was the location, but the friendliness of the staff made up for that. I would definitely stay there again. Oh, and the next morning they gave me great directions to Newport Rhode Island for a daytrip. And told me that if I got lost to call and they would talk me through it.

• Written June 1, 2005