Marriott Boston Long Wharf

Boston Marriott Long Wharf
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

• Callavetta's Profile Photo

Great Location on the Waterfront

The Marriott Boston Long Wharf is perfectly located for a weekend in Boston. Long Wharf pier is just steps away from the Acquarium, Fanuel Hall and easy walking distance to the East End restaurants. Public transportation and the tour bus lines make it easy to get anywhere else you want to go in town. There is an airport water taxi that stops just adjacent to the hotel.

Unique Quality: Our room was very nice and had a view of the Wharf. The public areas are comfortable and were great for a business meeting that I had to hold. There is a pool that we didn't used but looked inviting. We also didn't use any of the restaurants in the hotel (there are too manygreat options in the area). The staff, particularly the doormen and valet parking attendants were great.

Directions: On Long Wharf Pier.

• MatthewMetcalfe's Profile Photo

Marriott Long Wharf is a great location

Marriott Long Wharf is right next to the Aquarium and is conveniently located to reach all parts of Boston. The T (Subway) is right out the door (Blue Line - Aquarium Stop) and from there you can easily reach all parts of Boston.

The Rooms are nice and clean with most providing a good view of either Columbus Park or the Aquarium.

The Room Service was okay but in a town like Boston you are better off finding some excellent food in the city.

The Concierge was very accomodating and the hotel has a full suite of amenities including restaurants, conference rooms, excercise rooms, pool and sauna.

The only downside is the price. We paid $219.00 a night but the location helped absorb the cost.

Unique Quality: The really great part about this hotel is it's convenience. It's about a block from Faneuil Hall which will put you about midway into the Freedom Trail. If you don't want to walk the entire trail in a day, you can do half one day then the other half the next.

Since it's on the waterfront, the Charlestown Ferry is only a stones throw from the entrance to the Hotel. Convenient for getting to the Charlestown Navy Yard and the U.S.S. Constitution.

Directions: Take the T on the Blue Line to the Aquarium Exit. When you get to street level, make a U-turn and you'll see the hotel on right behind the subway entrance.

• Expensive Hotel

I stayed at the Marriott Long Wharf for one night. I didn't have a choice - it was a last second thing and everything else was booked. It ended up being $250 for the night. It was amazing, but expensive.

It is located near the Aquarium, Faneuil Hall, Quincy Market, the harbor, and plenty of restaurants.

Unique Quality: Amazing rooms, comfortable beds, great bathrooms. Rooms have high speed internet, cable, refrigerator, newspaper, coffee, ironing board, and safe.

There is an indoor pool, spa, health club, sauna, and whirlpool. Valet parking is $36 per day. Room service, laundry valet, self service laundry facilities are available.

More about Marriott Boston Long Wharf

Really enjoyed the Marriott Long Wharf Hotel!!

by TripAdvisor Member May16Reader

A female friend and I stayed recently at this hotel, (March 1-4, 2005). My husband was unable to get away from work. I won a trip here for three nights and it included airfare. It was sponsered by Beringer Wines and I won a visit to the wrap party of PBS's This Old House Show which was in Carlisle, 20 miles or so outside of Boston. Getting there from Logan Airport we took a downtown hotel shuttle van which cost us each $12.00. When we left on Friday, the hotel front desk told us about the "T". It is the subway which cost us $1.25 each, and we only had to go two stops and then transfer to the airport shuttle bus. Very simple and cheap! You do have to lug your own suitcase on and off the subway...no one is there to help. I only have positive things to say about the front desk staff. Everyone there was superb, big smiles all around. Not one rude person! They have great tasting cookies in a basket at the front desk and in the mornings they have fruit. We also had dinner at the Oceana Restaurant, the hotel restaurant. It was pricey, but worth it. We had the filet and it was large, thick and cooked exactly like I wanted it to be. They have also a wonderful assortment of breads to start you off. they also have various breakfast buffets, my frined had the cold buffet and I had the hot buffet which includes cooked to order omelets, etc. It also had fresh cut fruit on the buffet and it was so juicy and fresh. I was surprised to get wonderful fruit when it is snowing and frigid outside! I believe the hot buffet was either $14.00 or $16.00. The filet was $29.00. We also used the hotel exercise facilities on the third floor. They have a nice assortment of equipment. I used the bike, the treadmill and the exercise balls. They also have an indoor pool which we did not try. We had room 614 on the 6th floor. It was great. It tends to be on the small side, but had everything we needed in it. Temperature of the room was perfect. The shower had a wonderful spray to it....however, the toilet paper is in an akward place under the sink, very hard to reach....but we managed. they give you a USA Today paper outside your door each weekday morning. The room has a full length mirror inside the closet, which we liked! It has a safe near the refrigerator. The refrigerator is a regular one, not a mini bar., so one can feel free to put anything in it. On top of the bar is a large bottle of water which one can purchase for $4.00!! We left it alone! Oh, and one other thing, when you go into the hotel, you are on the lower level and you have to go up the escalator to get to registration. If you are not using a valet or any other type of help with your luggage, use the automatic doors to the left. The center doors are the revolving kind, and they are hard to use wioth wheeled luggage behind you! On that level is a Starbucks and an ATM machine. They also have wraps, etc and the food is made by Marriott, at least the caesar wrap was, and it was huge and excellent! I would stay here again, but would like to try it in warmer weather!! Sue

Very nice hotel, Great Location!

We stayed at the Boston Marriott Long Wharf March 16-18 and enjoyed it very much. It was our first time in Boston so location was very important to us. The hotel itself is very nice. The rooms were clean and staff friendly. We plan to go back this summer and try one of the dinner cruises, and we will definitely stay at this hotel again! I highly recommend it to anyone!

Boutique hotel lover says "great!"

by TripAdvisor Member sanfrann

I admit, I'm a stickler when it comes to hotels, particularly when they are chain hotels. I have to say, however, the Marriott Long Wharf has got it down. Clean, cheerful rooms, great location right in town, on the water, and not at all noisy. Cheerful, informed staff. Well-planned bathrooms, empty refrigerators to store your doggie-bags and water in, wonderful restaurant, well-decorated and planned public spaces, easy to get a cab or the T, a short walk to the North End and Italian section of town and literally across the street from Fanueil Hall, the aquarium, the harbor.....now if they could just get the "Big Dig" completed.......

Great choice for first family visit to Boston

by TripAdvisor Member jigglypuff

We were very happy with our three night stay at the Marriott Long Wharf over Easter this year. We found the location very convenient for restaurants and tourist attractions (Fanueil Hall, Quincy Market and the Aquarium are minutes away) and if we could not get where we wanted by foot, we used the subway station located immediately outside the hotel. We also made rather too much use of the Starbucks in the hotel lobby! The rooms were clean, well decorated although somewhat compact! The pool, also compact, was nevertheless much appreciated by our children. Thoroughly recommend the Marriott for its superb location and would definitely stay there again should we return to Boston.

Getting to Boston Marriott Copley Place.....

by redsoxfan0405

I'm going to be staying at the boston marriott copley place soon and need help on how to get there. I know to get off at exit #22 on the mass turnpike but can someone give me detailed directions from there?

Also where would be the best place to park while staying at this hotel? I don't really care how the price just the closest parking garage to the hotel?

Thanks

RE: Getting to Boston Marriott Copley Place.....

by alansm

When you exit from the Mass Pike, you're really just about there. Take the "Copley Square" ramp. As you exit from that ramp, stay to the left. You're going to turn left almost immediately (Dartmouth Street), then almost immediately again (onto Huntington Avenue). The entrance to the hotel is in that building on the left. There is a parking garage right there (the hotel is part of the Copley Place Complex). You won't even have to go outside. We won't ask how much they'll charge you for parking - we'll let it be a surprise! (It's probably around $40)

by redsoxfan0405

Thanks for the help. Is there signs up for the copley place parking garage?

by alansm

There are signs right there. But I do have a correction to make. I rode by earlier tonight and I mixed up my Copley Place Hotels. After you make the two lefts, The Westin is the first one you to come to (as I directed you). You have to continue to the next block and you'll see the Marriott on the left and the parking signs as well. Sorry about that.

Thanks for the info.