Millennium Bostonian Hotel

26 North Street, Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Boston, Massachusetts, 02109-1509, United States

Hotels.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Costs 21% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• garcom01's Profile Photo

great location, a bit pricey

I stayed there last week-end for two nights. The staff is very helpful and knowledgable. Rooms are nicely decorated and comfortable. Right next to all of Downtown area. Restaurant in the building is expensive and pretentious, besides, there are tons of other restaurants nearby- like the Union Oyster House around the corner, and all the italian ones nearby in the North End.

Unique Quality: Great views of the city if you get a room facing Fanuiel Hall. Nice piano lounge near lobby with great windows looking out on city life.

• babaduck's Profile Photo

Gorgeous hotel in a great location

We booked this hotel through Priceline & $120 per night is a steal. It's right opposite Faneuil Hall & Quincy Market and just across from the T at Government Centre so handy for everything. The rooms are lovely - beautifully furnished with a very comfortable bed, there's a nightly turndown service so you get a full icebucket, choccies on your pillow & folded sleepwear. The bathroom is gorgeous - a huge bath big enough for two (well.. it was our honeymoon!!!)

We didn't eat in the hotel, but did enjoy a few drinks in the bar. The bartender was charm personified and couldn't have been nicer to us

• Bluesunflower76's Profile Photo

Awesome Hotel in Boston

This hotel rocks. Most rooms facing Fanuiel Hall all have little balconies that you can walk out on. The hotel is right across the street from Shopping and bars/restaurants so it's really convenient for fun after work/ after dark!

The staff at the hotel is excellent! The concierge knew everything about the city.

This was one of the best hotels that I've stayed at in Boston and I've been to the Westin Copley and Nine Zero.

Unique Quality: The pool is really nice, there are great views of the city at night and Fanieul Hall. The restaurant is really nice too.

Directions: Fanuiel Hall Market Place, Quincy Market, Just behind Government Center, Downtown Boston, around the corner from McDonalds on Congress St.

More about Millennium Bostonian Hotel

Memorable Stay!

Our recent stay in Boston was made even better by the Millenium Bostonian. We found the staff warm, friendly, and very efficient. One night we opened the door to our tiny but delightful balcony and fell asleep to the sounds of the city. Our view of Faneuil Hall was a plus. After six days, I am ready to make the MB my hotel of choice in Boston!

Don't stay here...

I spent a few days here last week on business. Never have I been pressured to leave a credit card for incidentals like I was here. My company paid for the room, I have no need for their mini-bar or movies or room service. I carry my cellular phone with me, so I don't even need their phone. So what's their issue with it? They were afraid I'd grab everything off the mini-bar at checkout and they'd be stuck with replenishing it. To me, that's back-handedly calling me a potential thief. At check-in! The bottom line was, either put up the money or look somewhere else to stay. One of our party didn't have enough on his card to cover their deposit ($400!), so he had to pay cash. Oh, yes, the cash wouldn't be fully refunded at check-out since the hotel "doesn't carry that much cash". Now, who's the thief? I would NEVER stay there again, nor would I recommend it to my worst enemy. Millennium Bostonian? Run away!

Check your floor upon arrival!

by TripAdvisor Member AccElan01

I knew I would be writing this review as soon as I entered our room. There was a strong foul odor in our room that we noticed immediately after we opened the door. When we walked around the bed, we discovered that someone or something had pooped on the floor between the bed and the balcony door. My wife quickly ran to the bathroom, afraid of throwing up. I was very upset and called the front desk. At first they thought my call was a prank, but quickly realized the seriousness of the situation. The staff member that came to the room gave me suspicious looks, as if I were the one that pooped on the floor. He called a maid to clean up the messy pile but I obviously insisted to be moved to another room. The new room was beautiful, with not a single turd on the floor. I'm giving the Millennium Bostonian the benefit of the doubt, and assume that my experience was an isolated incident. I just wonder who or what took a poop on the floor! The location was perfect; close to everything including the Tea Party Ship (which is closed due to a fire). The restaurant is delicious but quite pricy. Tip: Use Priceline to name your price; I got our room for $150/night. Email me with any questions: AccElan01@msn.com

Perfect Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member maddokm

I will admit, I was a little leery when choosing the Millennium after reading some previous reviews. I'm glad to say - every part of the stay proved them wrong. This was the perfect hotel for our trip to Boston. The staff was very accommodating! Very convenient - right across the street from the marketplace, and just a hop away from the T-stop. I was also very surprised with the size of the room/bathroom. Much bigger than what I expected. Double the size of a NY hotel! I would recommend this hotel to any and all of my friends, and have no doubt I would stay here again on return trips to Boston. Don't look any further, this is where to be!

Millennium was the best

I went to Boston with my two friends and had a wonderful time. It was such a beautiful hotel and the staff was extremely friendly. Also, a few famous celebrities were in our hotel and it made it even more exciting meeting their "posse". It was in such a great location, close to all. The only thing was the fruit market below our room, but my friend and I could tell you it was very interesting watching the crew clean up. I would return to the Millenium in a heartbeat. I loved it.

Great tourist hotel. Good business hotel. Not a romantic hideaway.

by TripAdvisor Member RAWBaltimore_MD

I stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip with a small group meeting in the hotel.

I found the rooms to be quite satisfactory, although the definition of a balcony is a little loose. The hotel aspires to give the impression of a small boutique hotel while having the amenities of a larger business class hotel. I suspect that this is why some reviewers found it less than a romantic getaway. It really is a small business class / tourist hotel, and does an admirable job at that.

I had no problem either with street noise or with cleanliness of the room which have been reported by others. My room was immaculate and all of the appointments were updated.

The front desk was indeed slow if there were more than two people in line, but they were friendly, competent, and helpful in all respects.

The major strength of this hotel is that it is in the heart of the Faneuil Hall / North End district. Most of the other hotels in Boston are located around the Copley Square / Convention Center area. So, if you want to tour Old Boston, walk the Liberty Trail, and spend some time in the Faneuil Hall Festival Marketplace, this is the best location in town.

Comments