Oakwood Downtown Boston

outsideoutside

Vegetarian food

by Tracyden

Hi,

We are visiting Boston for a week in February - does anyone have any advice on where's the best places to eat - not too expensive and with decent vegetarian options?

Also what's the average price of beer, wine and cocktails?

Thanks

by unaS

According to Happy Cow there are 6 listings for Vegetarian Restaurants in Boston, sorted by "Veg Type":

Two fully vegetarian, four are 'vegetarian friendly', and 4 others are shops.

by RoscoeGregg

Tracy,

We have not been to Boston so I do not have a good tip for you. Barbara my wife has been a vegetarian for years and we always seem to find things. I am not sure but it always works out.

This is a roundabout way that works for her. We are organic farmers and we use that net work of farmers to find good places to eat. Try surfing for an organic farm near Boston and ask them. They will certainly know which area restaurants are cooking good healthful food.

Good Luck and have a good time in Boston,

Randy

by RoscoeGregg

Tracy,

Good Luck and have a good time in Boston,

Randy

by IanMacPhail

I think that wine and cocktails could cost about $5 to $10 a drink depending on what you have and where you go. If you go for Bud or Pabst on tap it may be $2.50 but foreign beer and Sam Adams would be over $5.
Cheers, I like Boston!

Travel Tips for Boston

City Pass SAves Money

by BruceDunning

The better apparent way to get into some sites is to buy a city pass for $44. It allows entry to 6 museums/aquarium, if you have time to visit all of them. The savings must be around $15-20 for all six, if you go.
The site is ----http://www.citypass.com/city/boston.html

Give the ducks a try!

by doolinmusic

I love the Duck Tours. The ones in Boston are top notch, too. Yes, they look goofy and you might feel goofy in the beginning riding around on a giant duck, but they're so much fun. Give yourself in to the temptation and hop on board. They stop at all of the major attractions and are a fun way to get acquainted with the city. http://www.bostonducktours.com/

Rates:

Children aged 3 to 11 $15.00
Children aged 3 to 11 Group $14.00
Children under 3 $3.00
Special Needs $10.00

I really enjoyed walking...

by Spader

I really enjoyed walking around in Boston. There is so many different areas with different things to see and do in them. I really liked Cambridge but I don't know if it was beacause of the odd shops and restaurants or the fact that I lived in a very friendly and relaxed house:) Cambridge is also close to Harvard and I liked that area too. Must be my most generous host Mike:)

Boston has some of the nicest US architecture

by richiecdisc

Boston has some of the nicest architecture in the US and just walking around and admiring it is the one thing you just have to do. It also has some of the finest beer brewed in America and I must admit, that's why I went! I had been to Boston on a few occasions both with buddies in college and on my own to visit local friends but I had never really had a great time there. I had either not been able to get to the places I wanted to visit or people were busy working and unable to accompany me. But this time was going to be different. This was one big American City that Doreen wanted to see and we planned on finishing up our five-week tour of Eastern Canada and New England there. We arrived late one rainy afternoon and took refuge in Redbones, my favorite beer joint cum BBQ haven. It was a lengthy stop due to my inability to get a hold of my friends in town, the rain and the amusing guy we met at the bar. He seemed able to talk about just anything and fused with the great beers on tap, we had a great time whiling away the day. With the rain not abating, I was relieved to finally reach my local contacts and arranged to meet them at Cambridge Brewing over by Harvard University. We were stuffed from the huge platters at Redbones and ample beers but were planning on watching the local Red Sox take on their archival Yankees in the American League Playoffs. We were disappointed to find it canceled due to inclimate weather. Not matter, we still got into a nice session of the seasonal pumpkin ale once my friends arrived though we were happy to move it back to their house when it was suggested. We stayed up later than expected and with them having family plans the next day, we were up and out of their place early the next morning. We didn’t care as it was a gorgeous fall day and the crisp air and sunny skies beckoned us. (concluded below in Fondest Memory)

Its a lovely OLD city.

by EdinburghRoc

Boston is just so photogenic.
Just walking around and being surprised when turning a corner.

Just follow the Freedom trail and let it lead you to some pleasant surprises. I like John Sargent paintings so it was for me wonderful to find some of his in Boston.

As well as New York his work can be found in my home town of EDINBURGH.

Comments