4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

More about Seaport Hotel

Seaport Hotel- Poor customer service

by TripAdvisor Member hogtied79

I had a reservation at the Seaport Hotel three weeks ago. I had stayed there several times and it was great.Not on this day. I had asked not to be put in an executive suite, a 400square foot hole;I confirmed this with the reservations desk, and the front desk the day before arrival. I again confirmed this at the time of check in. As I entered the room, I realized that this was the same, now smaller, pit with a bedroon that was barey large enough to get around the bed.

Despite asking ever so nicely several times for a room change,none was ever offered. I checked out and stayed at the Boston Harbor- far far nicer and in fact cheaper.

This is the first time that I cancelled a hotel stay because of poor service. Caveat emptor!!

Seaport Hotel is a solid four star

We have stayed in Seaport Hotel over Memorial weekend and had really wonderful time.
This place is a solid four star Hotel. The property is still like brand new and the room charge was very reasonable. Guests rooms are nicely appointed and don't look cheap. You can relax and enjoy a comfort. Lobby, bar and restoraunt were beautifully presented. To me as a woman the most gorgeous thing about interior was real snow-white orchids all over the public places.

Even though we put an excellent mark to this review there are few problems we'd like to note:

1) the noiseproof is not great. You can hear toilets flushing.
2) there is no public transportation to the hotel door. The walk is about 10 min to the nearest subway station and it can be quite unpleasant if weather is not great
3) the hotel parking is a bit pricey ( 25$/day ), but there is an attended lot 5 min away with a rate of 16$/day

We would definetely stay again.

What's New In Boston: The New ICA

by diver-x

The Institute of Contemporary Art (ICA) is currently building a new exhibition space on Fan Pier in the Seaport District. The new facility promises to be a boon to the ICA, which is currently located in cramped quarters on Boylston Street. The new, huge, cantilevered building will have one of the best views in Boston as it will be located on the water, facing the harbor and Boston skyline across the water. The new space will allow the ICA to house the large exhibitions that are common today in contemporary art and will also allow the ICA to break into different disciplines, such as theater and music. Expect the ICA to join the likes of the Museum of Fine Arts, Museum of Science, New England Aquarium and the Children's Museum as a must-see on your museum tour of Boston.

The new ICA is expected to open its doors in Sept., 2006, and is located near Anthony's Pier 4 Restaurant, the Seaport Hotel and Boston's World Trade Center.

Update:
The new ICA is complete! The location is awesome! Right on the harbor and on the new Harborwalk route which is my regular lunchtime stroll. Haven't been inside yet, but look forward to it soon. If you choose to drive, there's plenty of parking, but it's also on the Silver Line, Courthouse stop. World Trade Center stop on the Silver Line will work too.

Logan International Airport

by zChris

Logan Airport is New England's largest and busiest, which is one of the country's most delayed and has the worst surface transportation system of any airport I've seen. Assuming you've successfully landed at Logan, the first thing you'll want to do is leave. This is horrifying for anyone in a car, so take a cab or limo.

Taxi: Boston cabbies are simply insane. Some try to take the longest route possible, preying on the ignorance of out of towners. Still others- well, they've done some crazy stuff. If your hotel is downtown, your best bet is to take the one of the two original city-airport tunnels, the Sumner. Unless there's a car fire in the Sumner, there's no sense in taking the newer (longer) Williams Tunnel. If you're staying in the Seaport Hotel or somewhere outside the city, the Williams might, however, be a good alternative. Best to pay attention to your surroundings and drive time to make sure the cabbie's not leading you astray, even in the worst traffic it shouldn't take more than 40 minutes to make it from the airport to a downtown hotel.

Transit: Taking public transport to and from the airport can be tricky, and isn't advisable if you have alot of bags to carry. To take the subway downtown you'll have to hop a Logan shuttle. I've never taken a Logan Shuttle myself, but I've read some bad stuff about how slow and inconvenient they are. Nevertheless, they're free, and do serve the entire airport. Once in the station, take the inbound Blue Line (toward Bowdoin). You can also take ferries across the harbour from Logan. Board Logan shuttle bus 66 to the ferry terminal, where a variety of water transportation options await.

Advantages to Logan? It's crowded, outdated, delay-prone, and a mess to navigate. It has its rewards, though- its propinquity to downtown, and second, your landing is likely to feature a spectacular panorama of the city skyline. If you like to fly, but realize that Logan is the pits of airports, try one of the regional airports instead, such as Manchester (NH) or TF Green (in RI).

Not that great

I recently stayed at the Seaport Hotel for a conference. It is really just not that great. The rooms are average. And what they say is true: you can hear EVERY TOILET in the hotel flushing. The service was great though, and I definitely appreciated their no-tipping policy. My room had a view of a parking lot, so I was definitely disappointed. Also, the hotel is not close to ANYTHING, but we took a short cab ride to the North End for some great Italian restaurants.

Not impressed, uncomfortable beds!

We were just not impressed with the Seaport hotel. Our "harbor view" room required serious neck-craining and an eventual view of a barge. Our "deluxe" room was as standard as hotel rooms get and both my husband and I woke up with terrible backaches. The beds are awful! I'm sure the restaurant's food is good, but we left before our $4.00 cup of tea was served. $4.00 for hot tea? Geesh. The staff was pleasant and helpful, though not worth the price.

What a great hotel and location!

by TripAdvisor Member Debster460

Our family just returned from a wonderful 3 night stay at the Seaport Hotel. We arrived very late at night (9:30) so we experienced no problem checking in. The staff is extrememly polite, friendly and helpful which to mean means the most! We went there with our two children ages 6 and 8 and they were so nice to them when we were checking in. The pool was overcrowded due to the children's package going on but we managed to get in for a nice swim. The hotel is very clean and the rooms a decent size. We checked out using the express service without issue.
I must point out that we got a room viewing the harbor and the airport...what a duo! We got to watch all the planes coming and going as well as the beautiful reflection of lights on the harbor water.
This hotel is out of the whole "Boston" atmosphere which lets you escape to solitude for awhile. As planned we got lost at least twice a day due to Boston's horrible street signs or lack of...the concierge was excellent with directions so ask him before you venture out on your own or with maps.
Parking is ridiculous in Boston...had to pay the 25 flat rate at the hotel and if we moved our car we got nailed another 25 minimum...next time we take the bus and use taxi's...otherwise we had an awesome time and this hotel is GREAT!

Wonderful hotel and location

My wife joined me for a 3 day weekend in Boston in late June. I am often on the road for my business, staying at your typical business category hotels. On the rare occassions that my wife is able to join me, I like to go up a category or two in hotel quality and ammenities. The Seaport Hotel was the perfect choice for our time away together. The rooms were a nice size, the beds were very comfortable, and linens were high quality. The rooms were quiet, and the high speed internet was complimentary (almost a necessity these days for the business traveller). We were give a room with a view of the Boston harbor on the 11th floor. The hotel is sandwiched between the two World Trade Center buildings, so the view was sort of sideways, but nice none the less.

The hotel staff was efficient and courteous. There was a nice restaurant in the hotel but the prices were pretty steep, so we went out to the local restaurants for some great seafood.

The location was great. It is jut far enough away from the central downtown area to be devoid of heavy traffic and noise, but close enough to easily walk to downtown or the touristy wharf area. And walking there was very pleasant, along the wharfs and waterfront of Boston harbor. A very nice clean safe part of town. They are just finishing up a subway station a couple of blocks away, so if you need inexpensive transportation and don't want to walk this is the way to go. Otherwise taxis are always waiting at the front of the hotel to take you to your destination.

The No Name restaurant was a pleasant surprise. Great fish and chowders at great prices. Located on the working wharf almost across the street, it has a friendly homestyle atmosphere with views of the working harbor. Nothing fancy but just right for a good lunch.

If you have a car, parking was a bit steep at $25 per day. Since you can get almost anywhere in the area on public transportation or walking, a car was not necessary. The hotel does not have a shuttle to Logan airport, even though it is a short ride through the new tunnel (just on the other side of the Bay). A taxi ride is about $20 to $25 from the airport.

We would definitely stay at this hotel again. Very nice experience.

Great Hotel

great hotel, staff were very friendlly and hotel was clean. Large comfortable rooms. No tipping policy made a nice change. The food in Aura restaurant was good value and high standard. Also had a great starbucks coffee shop in the hotel. The seaport was a taxi ride from Boston center - cost $7 - $10.00 each time. Would definatley recommend this hotel

Seaport District

by diver-x

Here's a pic from my window at work looking to the north-east:
This is Fort Point Channel with the Congress Street bridge and Museum Wharf on the left, and the Summer Street bridge on the right. Boston Harbor is just beyond the buildings, and Logan Airport is on the opposite shore. The Seaport Hotel is the further of the tallish buildings on the right, and Boston's World Trade Center is the long, low, white building to the left of the hotel.

Faneuil Hall food courtFaneuil Hall food court

insideinside

meme

to the tunnelto the tunnel

Three Weeknights in Boston

by planted99

Hi--
I'm heading to Boston in late April (28th, 29th, and 30th) for just 3 nights. I'll have work to do during the day, but it would be nice to get out for some fun in the evenings.

I guess I'd be focused on food, some decent bars for the 30s age set, that kind of thing. I'm staying near Logan at the Seaport, which is near the Trade Center from what I can gather on the map.

Anyone have ideas or suggestions for good places to go? Thanks a million!
TC

by alansm

You'll have to be a little more specific. Are you staying at the Airport? The Seaport District? While they may look close onamap, you'd have to make a big swim between them. If you told us which hotel, we would know.

AlanSM

by planted99

Hi--
Here's the full name--sorry, by Seaport I meant this:

Seaport Hotel and Seaport World Trade Center Boston, Boston, MA 02210

Thanks for taking a look!

TC

by alansm

The Seaport hotel is located in South Boston. There are some new restaurants in the area now, including LTK (Legal Test Kitchen) and the Daily Catch. these join staples Anthony's Pier 4, the No-Name Seafood Restaurant and the Barking Crab. It's about a 15 minute walk to the Downtown Waterfront, where you'll have many more choices in terms of restaurants and tourist sites, including Quincy Market and the Aquarium. Another 10 minutes and you'll be in the North End for great Italian, Paul Revere's House and the Old North Church.

AlanSM