The Back Bay Hotel Boston

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• gilescorey's Profile Photo

Excellent 4-star Stay in Boston

Usually on my Boston visits, I stay at the Park Plaza - a rather worn cruise ship of a classic hotel, but posh nonetheless, and reasonable.

Low and behold, she is now Starwood, and rooms are harder to come by.

Thus, I booked Jury's Boston, just around the corner.

This Doyle's hotel is the Irish group's first in Boston, and does not disappoint. Situated in the former Police Headquarters on Berkeley, the hotel has a grand quality about it, combined with an all new "build in".

Rooms were classically elegant, location is excellent(Back Bay), and both the bar and restaurant are hoppin' spots(the bar has a line, all night, velvet rope and all - couldn't fathom why, quite honestly).

Unique Quality: Jury's Boston - hands down the best service I have had of any hotel I have stayed in, anywhere. Period.

Between receiving the concierge's call a mere five minutes after entering the room(to make sure everything was to my liking, naturally), the turn-down service, the front desk moving my luggage to the valet - well, it was just perfect.

The towel racks are heated and the bathroom was truly luxurious(save perhaps the pedestrian tub). Lovely lighting, furniture(fainting couch) and a view upon request.

And, all this at a mere $289/night double occupancy...on a Saturday!

I would return to the Jury's in a second. This four star easily outdid the five stars I've visited in the past.

See ya, Park Plaza ;)

Directions: Corner of Stuart and Berkeley, but the main entrance/Valet is on Stuart.

• betsymarvin's Profile Photo

BPD no more!

We stayed at Jurys four nights, as tourists, and were constantly delighted with the comfort and services, which included a fridge and wireless internet in our room. We loved the chaise longue, too!
    We received The Boston Globe at our door each weekday morning, and enjoyed the turndown service evenings, with chocolates every night!

Unique Quality: Jurys is in a renovated old building that used to house the Boston Police Headquarters, and the engraved sign may still be read on its side. But it's been beautifully reconfigured, and is a lovely, well-located hotel with a nice restaurant downstairs.

More about The Back Bay Hotel Boston

Jurys Boston was Great

by TripAdvisor Member Gerard49

We stayed for 3 nights days 14th January /17th, lovely hotel very comfortable beds and the best pillows i have ever slept on, hotel bar cuffs great with atmosphere, food in the hotel; was good and a big plus the best steak house in Boston right across the street, reservations Friday and Saturday are essential so book through the hotel the name is Grill 23, you will email and thank me for this one.

Great service at Jurys Boston

We recently returned from a very enjoyable 5 night stay at Jury's Hotel in Boston. The service was very good, and all staff that we encountered were, without exception superb.

The rooms, whilst not that large, were well equipped, very comfortable and quiet. As the hotel opened under a year ago, everything feels clean and new.

We ate in both Cuffs Bar (nice atmosphere, but gets very busy on Saturday evening) and The Stanhope Grille (more expensive, but worth it), and would recommend both.

If we had to make any criticism, albeit it a small gripe, it would be that the bar in the lounge area was only ocassionally staffed. It was extremely cold during our stay, and it was very welcoming to sit in the lounge, by the fire, on our return from site seeing. It would have been even better if we could have got a coffee, without having to venture into the bar.

The hotel is very centrally situated in the Back Bay area which is just minutes walk from Boston Common and the City Centre.

South Station

by zChris

Fortunately, arriving at Boston by train does not require one to negotiate something as sinister as Logan Airport. It does, however, mean you'll have to negotiate the notorious (but, at least in the Northeast, improving tremendously) Amtrak. Unlike Logan Airport, South Station is a beautiful, turn of the century Boston landmark among the towers of the financial district. Some trains also stop at Back Bay Station, which will be your best bet if you're staying at a Back Bay hotel. You can walk to most hotels from either station, but with heavy bags I wouldn't recommend it. Additionally, Boston's huge construction project, the Big Dig, has besieged the station, and pedestrians must negotiate somewhat of a maze to leave. Both stations do, however, also serve simultaneously as subway stops, South Station on the Red Line and Back Bay on the Orange Line.

Acela Express service is now availible on the Northeast Corridor! You can travel to Boston in class on Amtrak's new high-speed train, at 150mph, from Washington, Baltimore, Philadelphia, and New York. European and Japanese innovations are finally reaching the United States! Discounts offered by Amtrak have lowered the fare to a mere $99.

Excellent Boston Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Firgael

Jury's recently opened hotel in Boston, a superb renovation of the old Boston police headquarters, is a great addition to this premier Irish group. Nice location in Back Bay. Well done, very comfortable rooms. Mostly Irish staff. Pub and restaurant are top notch and quite popular locally. Altogether, a wonderful base in the city.

Great rooms, great location

We stayed in the hotel for the first time in late December 2004. It is centrally located, the rooms are spotless, and the beds are particularly cozy. The hotel design is fun and modern. The bar also has a great buzz about it.

My only criticism is that the valet parking is painfully slow and very expensive. It took about 20 minutes to get our car, and this was at 2 PM without a major event at the hotel.

All in all, an excellent stay, and this will be our hotel of choice in Boston from now on.

Perfect!

by TripAdvisor Member lakeshore

My boyfriend and I recently went on our first trip to Boston and choose Jury's because we knew of their excellent reputation in Ireland. We couldn't have been happier with our choice. Our room was beautiful, and very tastfully decorated. The bed was so cozy . . . everything down. The bathroom was huge and felt spa-like. Overall, it was homey and didn't make you feel like you were in some boring chain hotel. Also the bar downstairs was great!

Very Nice and I like it too!!!

by TripAdvisor Member fruscib

I read all the reviews of Jury's and decided that it was a little pricey for a single Mom staying over a night to return her daughter to college however us girls have to have fun! We were lucky it was snowing and the city's parking rules were suspended for the MLKwkend so we parked for free across the street!! Better than 34.00 for parking. The doorman was so nice and sweet helping us in from the blazing snow and hailing us a cab a little later. Check in was quick. The room was very nice and the college student loved the wireless internet. I loved the hot shower and the robe!!! We went to the bar after returning from dinner and the fireplace and the fun crowd were great on a snowy Sunday night. A nice big glass of wine was 6.50 !!! The down bed and linens were divine!!! No street noise and in fact the curtians pulled tight gave off no light or noise, we slept until 10 am. Althought the prior comments about the slamming doors was true, I only noticed at night. The breakfast buffet was fine but a bit pricey @ 15.00 each... we just couldn't eat that much cheaper breakfast can be found. Check out was a breeze!!! Very nice staff and decor. Glad I paid 185.00 over 200.00 I would not be as happy!!! It's the luck o' the Irish!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member mickeystoll

my wife and I stayed here for seven nights over the new year 2005. excellent hotel perhaps a smaller style top class Hilton type hotel nothing was aproblem and the room and bed were superb! highly recommended......

Where to go in the evenings?

by dollydaisy1

My friend and I are travelling to Boston for 3 nights in November and wondered if anyone has any ideas of where to go in the evenings.
We're 40 something girls (young at heart!) looking for good food and a nice place for cocktails or drinks which is buzzy without being like a sardine tin (and no clubs for 20 year olds!). Staying in the Back Bay Hotel......any ideas?

by Agraichen

I've always enjoyed The Black Rose near Faneuil Hall.

by ForestqueenNYC

Two years ago while I was staying in Boston, I went to a lounge at the Marriot Copley Plaza where there was dancing. The crowd was mixed between 20's and 70's. I don't know if the lounge is still there or if they still have dancing, but if you like to dance check it out. The people there were only there to dance. It didn't feel like a pick up joint.
Here is the info.
Boston Marriott Copley Place
110 Huntington Avenue Boston, Massachusetts 02116 USA
Phone: 1-617-236-5800

The Bostonians I know like to go to Legal Seafood or to the South End (like Little Italy) for dinner. And contrary to what someone said several years ago in a forum, the Boston Legal Seafood is NOT like Red Lobster.

by dino335

It's the NORTH End where the Italian restaurants are.

by ForestqueenNYC

You're right. I meant to say North End. Big difference.

Comments