3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

107 Merrimac St, Boston, Massachusetts, 02114, United States
Hotels.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Rated 12% higher but also costs 77% more than other 3.5 star hotels

More about Bulfinch Hotel

The Bulfinch Hotel in Boston - "Loved it!"

I had just spent three weeks traveling in Asia. One week in Tokyo, one week in Hong Kong and one week in Singapore and had a great trip. I stayed at the Intercontinental in all three locations and was amazed at the level of service, comfort of the rooms and the locations. I knew that my trip home to a suburb of Boston was going to be VERY LONG so I booked a room in Boston at the Bulfinch Hotel to recover and unwind. I was concerned that I would be disappointed since I had just stayed at some of the nicest hotels in the world. But staying at the Bulfinch Hotel was the best thinig I could have done.
I arrived at the hotel about 8:30 pm after flying 23 hours from Singapore and my check-in was flawless. The lobby was simple, yet elegant. As I checked-in at the front desk, the front desk person welcomed me by name - like I was home. I went to my room and was pleasantly surprised.
The room was small, but very comfortable and well appointed. I did feel like I was home! The first thing I did, after flying 23 hours, was to jump into bed - and did that feel good. The bed was so comfortable it felt like someone was hugging me. And that's just what I needed. After a few minutes unwinding I couldn't wait to jump in the shower. I stayed in there for what seemed like an eternity, but I needed it. I even left some hot water for the other guests. I truly felt like I was home and not at another hotel.
I look forward to another long trip of discovery and returning to the Bulfinch Hotel - the next best thing to being home.

Wonderful accomodations and staff!

by TripAdvisor Member xstitchintime

I recently spent a weekend in Boston with a girlfriend and I stayed at the Bulfinch Hotel. What a great place! Upon arrival I was checked in by the staff and toured by the General Manager. He was very gracious and it was clear throughout the weekend that the staff was well versed to anticipating and attending to our every need.
The rooms are cozy, modern with a unique appeal. Extremely clean.
The staff starting with the General Manager helped to make my weekend a fun packed adventure. They made recommendations for the 'hot spots' in the city and even made reservations for us, cutting through the red tape to
guarantee dinner on a rooftop on a busy Saturday night in the North End.
I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel. They will go out of their way to make your stay everything and more than you would like it to be. What a refreshing, genuine approach to the hotel industry! Thumbs up!!!

Exceptionally Clean

My wife and I stayed two nights in June to attend a college graduation. We had read previous reviews and both agree they are understated. The hotel we were told opened last September, it looks brand new inside, very, clean, exceptional staff, down to earth friendly and very helpful. We would love to return to Boston wehn we haev more time to see the city and we will definately be staying at the Bulfinch.......I have to say, the Bulfinch can go up against any high priced luxury hotel anytime and win in our book, Thank you!!!

Beautiful addition to the Bulfinch Triangle in Boston!

It was really the most comfortable hotel I have stayed in. It was so beautiful and everything was brand new and clean. The staff were terrific and the prices are more than reasonable. It is so accessible to every part of Boston. The orange line is right there. It is in walking distance of Faneuil Hall. I will definately stay again!

Great location, nice, new hotel

by TripAdvisor Member NYYankeeFan

My boyfriend and I recently stayed one night at the Bulfinch. It's in a great location - walking distance to Fanueil Hall and to the Fleet Center. Everything was so new and clean. Our room was so incredibly quiet - we didn't hear a single other person during our stay, which was wonderful! Our only issues were with the parking - it's available up the street, but because of a concert at the Fleet Center, there was some confusion over where we could park. It worked out fine but was a bit annoying. The other issue is that there doesn't seem to be room service - not a huge issue when you're close to so many restaurants, but something to consider if you like to have breakfast in your room while getting ready.

Overall, I'd recommend it as it's a nice hotel in a convenient location.

What a gem!

Stayed for a few nights in June. Like the other reviewers said, the room was small but cozy. Very comfortable bed with luxury linens. This was the cleanest hotel I have ever visited! Most of the room was in shades of white and cream and yet kept spotless. The building was quaint, very old on the outside, very new on the inside. The location was perfect for seeing the city. Most of what you will want to see is within walking distance. Neighborhood is friendly and safe. Subway station is also very close. When I visited, the restaurant had not yet opened but that was not a problem for us. There is a coffee shop nearby. The staff was pleasant and helpful and the hotel was quiet. All around it was a perfect stay (and I can be picky!).

Decent hotel but not the most convenient

by TripAdvisor Member tcdf080305

Very nice, clean and spacious rooms...No breakfast though...Not a lot of places to eat in area...Not close to tourist areas...Quiet and comfortable hotel overall....Staff pleasant...Would recommend it for most.

Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member MrsC

Our first visit to Boston, rooms small clean and cosy. Staff friendly and helpful no problems at all. Easy walking to all the sights and not far from the Trolley tour stop. All in all for a few days stop over, could'nt be better.

Regards Greg & Margaret

In Boston for the marathon

by Jehcekah

"Rain, rain, go away"

Lucky us. My husband finally achieved his goal of qualifying for the Boston Marathon and he decided to run during the coldest spring the Northeastern U.S. has ever seen! Temperatures were pretty consistently in the 30's and 40's during our entired stay and it rained all but 2 days of our 8 day trip. However, we did manage to have an excellent time and he did finish the race in a decent finish!

"What we did:"

Our itinerary for the Boston segment of our trip was as follows:

Day 1 (Sat): Arrival, check into Bulfinch Hotel
Day 2 (Sun): Freedom Fun Run, Marathon Expo, lunch in ___ Market, dinner at Brown Sugar Cafe
Day 3 (Mon): Marathon, dinner at Legal Seafoods, celebration imbibing around hotel
Day 4 (Tues): Sightseeing, lunch again at ___ Market, check out of Bulfinch Hotel
--- 3 nights in Cape Cod --
Day 7 (Fri): Sam Adams Brewery Tour, check into Holiday Inn Express, Harvard Sightseeing, dinner at Tanjore
Day 8 (Sat): Check out of Holiday Inn Express, Fly home

"It is hard to take pictures in the rain..."

We were only able to do a very little bit of sightseeing, which allowed us little opportunity to take pictures of Boston or to see anything more than rain soaked monuments. Our one day of sightseeing in Boston proper was a very wet, windy and cold day. We were travelling with our toddler son in a child-carrier backpack, so we didn't dare stay outside too long to keep him out of the cold. However, we did walk through the Granary Burial Ground and walked along some of the Freedom Trail in between raindrops.

Comments