342 Longwood Ave., Boston, Massachusetts, 02115, United States
Expedia.com Hotels.com Orbitz.com

More about Best Western Boston - The Inn at Longwood Medical

Nice stay at The Inn at Longwood

by TripAdvisor Member silscar

Stayed at this hotel for two nights. The staff was helpful and my room was just what we needed.Clean and comfortable. Restaurant was excellent and not a typical hotel fare.

Loved our stay, we'll be back.

by TripAdvisor Member YesWeTravel

In short, we were VERY happy at the Inn at Longwood. Our room was spacious, CLEAN and comfortable - all things one likes in a home away from home.

The staff provided excellent service throughout our two day stay. Always professional, courteous and willing to assist. A big plus was that from the restaurant staff to the front desk CSRs, EVERYONE WE MET WAS HAPPY - it was obvious that they were enjoying their jobs. As we all know, happy employees make for VERY HAPPY guests. Special thanks to Bill, Giselle & Mark for making us feel at home.

Without question we'll return to the Inn at Longwood. We strongly suggest you do the same.

Enjoyable Stay at the Best Western

by TripAdvisor Member capdeau

Spent two nights here while attending a seminar in the area.I found the hotel to be clean and the staff extremely friendly.The location was ideal for me ,I could walk to the seminar,no need for cabs or a car. The food was very good and affordable.Wireless internet was free and the room rate was under $200.

Beware.. This place is terrible

by TripAdvisor Member Texasdeb006

We arrived to find that we had no room. After much discussion we were found a room... which had no hot water and the water pressure did not exist. This was the high point as we needed wading boots to get to our bed. The air conditioner had a leak which soaked the carpet. The AC had not been turned on so we had the pleasure of staying in a stinky moldy room. Hotels.com was of no use. Our stay was hoffific.

Caring Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Karolsue

My husband and I went to Boston for his doctor appointment.Because something was found he was admitted to the hospital unexpectedly.I went to the Best Western to t get a room but they were sold out ,the whole city was full with a convention.When I was leaving the concierge told me that sometimes they get cancellations I should check back later.He took my name and cell phone number.Later that afternnon he called and left a message that a room was available but I had to get there quickly if I still wanted it . When i got back to the hotel the concierge left for the day but the front desk had my name.When I asked how much it would cost the girl said the medical rate $159.00. I gladly paid and the room was perfect as well as the room service I had.
When I saw the concierge the next day I thanked him for what he did and the special rate.He said that is the rate all patients and their families get no matter what day it is. His and the hotel's kindness will never be forgotten.

Compassionate & professional

by TripAdvisor Member Yachatian

We were in Boston due to a family medical emergency. The location made it very convient ( Best Western The Inn at Longwood Medical is only 2 blocks from the hospital) but more important, Bill made sure everything was taken care of and along with the rest of his staff showed great compassion for our situation. They are professional inn keepers with a big heart.

Room and all ancillary services were excellent. In addition the adjacent resturant and food court made meals very easy.

Sincerely,

Glenn Little

mediocre but convenient

by TripAdvisor Member atdNewJersey

The hotel is old and in need of a face lift. Parking is located in a public lot adjacent to the hotel, so hotel check-in access and unloading from the garage is awkward. Parking is $18. per day which is cheap compared to other hotels in the Copley Square area. The double room size is small, especially the bathroom, and they are stingy with the linens: one towel per guest, one small pillow, etc. The service at the front desk is slow but friendly. Location is definitely convenient to attractions in that part of the city but don't expect a luxury hotel. Food at the Grille is just okay and you have to walk a bit for better food selection.

Dark and dirty but conveniently located

by TripAdvisor Member Nigel101

I'm quite surprised that travellers rate this hotel as highly as they do. I spend 30 to 60 days each year in hotel rooms, travelling for business. I typically stay in Hampton Inns, Holiday Inns and Courtyard by Marriott. I have stayed at the Inn at Longwood several times during the past two years, when my son has been admitted to Children's Hospital for treatment. This hotel is quite worn, dark, and not particularly clean. The staff is adequate at best. My stays at this hotel rank at the bottom of my list of hotel experiences. If this hotel was not situated in the center of the medical/hospital district, there truly would be no reason to stay here.

This hotel has only one thing going for it -- location

by TripAdvisor Member PortlandJudy

This hotel has unattractive, small, dark, standard rooms. The windows do not open and the antiquated, noisy, climate control system can not be regulated well. Expect blasts of cold air or heat all night long, depending on the season. No toiletries are provided other than soap and shampoo. Service was indifferent, with the exception of one hospitable cleaning person. The reservation for one of our two rooms was lost because our name was spelled incorrectly. The reservation confirmations do not have a reference number on them unless you request one. Fortunately, I did so and was able to help retrieve the lost reservation by providing the number. Three requests to speak with the manager received promises of return calls, but no action. Absolutely no reason to stay here other than its proximity to several major hospitals.

Hotel just okay. Location (Fenway & Medical) great.

by TripAdvisor Member kevnord

Good:

* Walking distance to Fenway (~15mins)
* Relatively cheap for two beds
* Location feels safe
* Location is quiet at night/weekend

Could be better:
* 5-10min walk to T stop
* You can get to Boston's main sites via the T, but they're quite a few stops away.
* Not a lot to do in the area immediately surrounding the hotel.
* Hotel rooms outdated