The Verb Hotel

Pleasant (2.5 out of 5.0) 4 reviews

Tags

Budget Travel Family Travel

Abosolutely Disgusting

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 9, 2011

This place is disgusting do not waste your money renting a room here. The Location is great right in front of fenway park and believe me the owners know this they are counting on you being desperate or misinformed so you book a room there. Nothing works and everything is old. They put stained towels and pillow cases in the room the comforter had random hairs on it which were not mine because I thoroughly inspected before i would even sit on the bed. I had to go to the near by bed bath and beyond and get new sheets and a blanket because everything they had was stained or had hairs on it. the toilet leaks and the rooms smell moldy the carpet is grimey the board of health should shut this place down. DO NOT SPEND A DIME AT THIS HOWARD JOHNSON or the HONG KONG CAFE inside it. there is an owner response from a while ago posted here but they have lied they have not fixed a thing everything complained about on this site is still happening in this hotel it is a virtual dump and the only way you will enjoy staying here is if you are used to living in a city dump Dont risk it trust me and everyone else who commented that this place is an unsanitary dump.

Unique Quality: disgusting uniquely filthy uniquely old and a unique waste of money

AWFUL SERVICE

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 6, 2010

My husband and I just got back from spending 3 nights at this HoJo's near Fenway. We were part of a wedding group who booked a total of 10 rooms. During our first night there, the A/C stopped working. I got up around 2am to adjust the thermostat only to find that it was all the way down to 60 yet the reading was 87 degrees. They next day we mentioned it to the woman at the front desk who mumbled to me "glad my shift is over soon". She said they were working on the problem and it should be fixed. The next night (wedding night) we got home at midnight to find that the A/C STILL was NOT FIXED. We spent another miserable night in a 89 degree room. The next morning AGAIN we were told they were "fixing it". We shouldn't have listened. They are all a bunch of jerks who blew hot air up our "you know what". That night after getting back from the fourth of July fireworks at 11:30pm the room was still sweltering. We went to the front desk and the woman tossed a key at me and said "see if this one is working" The man behind me in line said good luck as he was moved to another room and that A/C wasn't working either. Not to our surprise, the new room didn't have A/C either so I gave up and we went and slept at my cousins condo in another section of town.
The next morning when all of us were checking out, the front desk wanted to charge us FULL PRICE!!! We all (including other guests who were outraged) said NO WAY. They argued with us until we finally had to just leave and dispute the charges with our CC companies.
This is a terrible place, with terrible service. I have never been treated so bad by a hotel for whom I WAS the guest. It was completely ridiculous and unprofessional. DO NOT waste your money.

Unique Quality: nice location, but TERRIBLE customer service and the quality of the hotel is bad

Directions: Fenway

Great Location

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 24, 2009

Stayed here for a night in Boston to see a game. Hotel room was clean, bathroom clean, but is older hotel, very reasonable rates. I would stay here again. Very close to Yawkey Way and surrounding taverns and bars!

Unique Quality: Close to ball park, bars and taverns, restaurants and shopping.

Directions: Follow signs to Fenway Park, back of hotel view of first base line seats.

vivalasteph's Profile Photo

a baseball's throw away

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 8, 2004

This hotel is located right next to Fenway Park. Basic rooms, a Chinese restaurant in the hotel, and a cocktail lounge and pool.

Unique Quality: Great surrounding neighborhood, with many restaurants, a drugstore, a supermarket, and several bars. It's about a 10 minute walk to the Museum of Fine Arts, and the Fens and Victory Gardens.

Directions: the Fenway, near Kenmore Square

1 Photo of The Verb Hotel

Boston Travel Forum

Need advice about Boston, Massachusetts? Visit the Travel Forum for Boston and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Boston hotel reviews

By Airplane
Commuter Rail
Tips for Eating in Boston
Restaurants
Bull & Finch Pub (Cheers)
Trolley Tours