425 Summer St., Boston, Massachusetts, 02210, United States

Expedia.com Westin.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Almireta's Profile Photo

Great hotel in Boston!

We went to Boston for 3 days ans stayed at Westin Boston Waterfront, and had one of the best hotel's accomodations in our lifes!
    I got an offerthrough my company which was $100/night.
    The hotel's location was very good, less than 30 minutes walking to the city center, we love walking so we really enjoyed this fact. Almost in front of the hotel there is an airport's bus stop (the bus is free).
    The check in is always in a private desk, so you it is more comfortable than a standard crowded front desk.
    The hotel's hall is huge with a couple of bars, a Starbucks, gift shop and free wifi.
    The room was big ans super clean, with king size bed (the best matress I ever slept, super comfortable!), the bathroom was full of cozy amenities and complimentary Starbucks' coffee.
    One afternoon was raining so hard, so we came back at the Westin and watched a film, which was super expensive, like $20 - this was the only con I would say.
    If we go back to Boston, definetly we will book the Westin again!

• Great Location

Stayed for a long weekend in August. Located off of the first stop on Silver Line from the airport it's close to the airport without hearing the constant droning of planes. One side of the hotel offers views of the water and the other of Boston's skyline.

Service is professional and polite. They had no problem checking me in early or splitting the bill at the end of our stay. The T is close, but downtown is a leisurely 10 minute stroll.

Food options are springing up nearby (The Whiskey Priest, The American Brewing Co., Flour are just the ones that come to the top of my mind).

Unique Quality: The Heavenly Bed. It just doesn't get any better.

• ciaobellamici's Profile Photo

A Great Stay at the Weston

I booked the hotel based on location and price and was not disappointed! Lovely room overlooking the Boston Harbor - sailing ships, a destroyer and misc pleasure crafts. Clean, comfortable and great staff who aided us at every turn!

Unique Quality: The Westin is close to everything, yet removed enough to feel uncrowded by busy downtown Boston. They provide a shuttle with a super friendly driver who made us feel like we were his most important customers of the day. We loved Jim! He was more of a tour guide than shuttle driver.

Directions: 94 to S ummer Street exit south to the hotel. Piece of cake!

More about The Westin Boston Waterfront

Not great

by TripAdvisor Member MB747

First the good points: attractive, modern design and a smiling staff that is eager to help.

Bad points:

Location. in an industrial no-man's land several blocks from the waterfront. Ok if you are going to the convention center (it's right next door) and tolerable if you have business in the financial district. Otherwise there are many hotels in Boston with much better locations.

Lighting. At night the lighting in the large lobby is so bright it feels like a bus terminal. Absolutely no charm or cosiness at all. We were told it needed to be that bright for the escalators. Bright lighting also spills from the lobby into the restaurant and gives it the feel of a high school cafeteria.

Service. Staff members smile and are eager to please (see above) but service is often painfully slow and without a drop of finesse. At the prices being charged ($12 for a gin and tonic, $29 for an entree-- and vegetables are an extra charge) we expected more.

If you can get a good rate and are going to a convention this hotel is fine. All others should look elsewhere.

not for a special occasion

by TripAdvisor Member Irishprincess2

Just returned after 2 nights for our 35th wedding anniversary. We are Starwood Owners and we were assured of an upgrade. When we arrived we were told we were on the 6th floor so we asked and were granted the upgrade to the Starwood floor (shouldn't have had to ask). Called 3 times to ask for a 2nd robe which was only brought up when we said we had to leave for dinner reservations . It was brought up by a giggling man who handed it to me only to discover no belt. Real funny. My sister and her husband sent us a bottle of very good champagne which was deliverd by a girl who stated she "forgot the glasses and would be right back" , never saw her, called down 2 more times for the glasses, no one came. They also sent a beautiful bouquet of flowers that never got sent to the room and when she called to inquire, they were sitting on the concierge desk the whole time. I hope they were enjoying them. Then upon checkout, we were charged an $85 a day charge,(we used our points to stay) and they also charged us for the champagne my sister had already paid for. I will say the young man at the front desk was very nice and adjusted the charges. I found the room small and dark. The bathrooms had very little ammenities. I didn't find any of the staff very friendly at all. They could have cared less that we were celebrating a big anniversary. Have always loved the Westin, but do not love this one and would never stay there again.

nice stay but location is poor for tourists

by TripAdvisor Member Sailguy

My overall rating reflects the property and NOT its location. My wife and I just got back after a 3-night stay there so while she attended a conference I enjoyed the hotel. From what we were told, they have only been open 3 mos. so the kinks are still being worked out. Biggest drawback, as other reviews have mentioned, is that this hotel is NOT located for tourists but rather conventions and business as the convention center is adjacent. You will have to either take cabs or public transportation to see any of downtown Boston which was disappointing. As for the cabs, the hotel is situated in such a way that it's in off the main street which makes hailing cabs a problem other than at peak times. We stood and waited for 15 minutes which proved annoying.

The other challenge is food. While the hotel has its own restaurant you often need something fast and there is nothing but the gift shop's candy rack, overpriced room service or the lobby's Starbucks. I mentioned this upon leaving and was told the current unoccupied retail space might get a restaurant.

Hint: if you exit out the back of the hotel there is a new deli across and down the street in the lobby of one of the new buildings there. It just opened and was really good. Heated indoor pool, hot tub and exercise room were all great as was nice sized flat screen in our room. You are also a 10 minute cab ride from Logan so that makes departures/arrivals easy as well.

All in all, for business highly recommended. For sightseers, families, etc. pick an in-town property or learn to take cabs/public transportation.

Not for tourists...

by TripAdvisor Member raleigh86

We were there on business. Like previous review, this hotel is for conventions, not families and tourists. It is in walking distance to water, and World Trade, but not many restaurants. The subway station is across the street. Everyone was pleasant, the hotel nice, but not 5 star nice. Because it is not geared to families, I found the lobby quite cold and impersonal.

Good for Convention Center

by TripAdvisor Member GJY

Good:
- Easy access to convention center
- Nice room
- Really nice bed
- Starbucks in lobby

Bad:
- service
- continued construction
- location
- Starbucks in lobby dosen't take Starbucks card
- lack of nearby restaurants

Summary:
In four or five years when the revitalization of this waterfront area of South Boston is complete, this will be a really good stay. Now there is construction inside and around the hotel. Being a new hotel they are experiencing some growing pains, mainly in quality of thier service. It's not quite ready for prime time, but is a good choice if you are attending the convention center.

Loved the location because it's remote

by TripAdvisor Member sfg5521

We spent the weekend there with our family it's great because it's away from all the touristy crowds but a short walk to the waterfront and a only a two minute walk to the T(Boston's subway). The pool was great for the kids. The Boston Children's Museum is close by and if you want to bring your kids to Boston I think this is the perfect location because it's not stuck in the crowds but short walks to everything. If you have a convention and want or need to bring the family this is the spot!

Needs Work

by TripAdvisor Member nadvisor

The hotel itself is brand new and very attractive looking inside. The service we found to be quite lacking. Upon check-in our room had been cleaned but was still dirty (hair all over bathroom, dirty sheets, etc..) Had to change rooms.

Rooms were OK, kind of small. Bathrooms were tiny compared to other Westin's I have stayed at.

Location is convenient for convention center but we were not there for a convention so we found it far away from everything. Boston is a mess right now with all of the construction issues from the Big Dig.

Overall I would stay away from this hotel until the management realizes they have a service problem and either hires more people or hires the right people.

Nice, but Expensive!

by TripAdvisor Member TA_Karen

My husband and I stayed at here Oct 9-11 while at a convention. He was able to check us in effortlessly and quickly. The bellman who brought me up to the room (1641) was pleasant and helpful in demonstrating the workings of the room.

Speaking of the room, we got a group rate of $255 per night, which we thought was really high. I have traveled alot for business over the years and I have a hard time believing this much money is warranted for ANY room unless it is in a spectacular location (this property is not), or comes with some amenities or meals included, etc. (which this did not). While beautiful, new and spotlessly clean, this room was nothing really special.

It was, however, beautifully decorated - very sleek and modern with zenlike, muted colors. There were floor to ceiling windows which would be great for the 16th floor if they didn't overlook the nasty rooftops of nearby buildings. There was plenty of counter space and a desk, a nice office chair, a cushioned chair and ottoman, a keylocked snack bar, inroom safe, roomy dresser drawers, alarm clock, cordless phone, flat screen tv, bathrobe and iron & board.

The Heavenly Bed was fluffy and comfortable - best hotel bed we've slept in in a long time. The room was quiet - we didn't hear much of anything from the outside, except for a neighbor's door closing from time to time. The air in the ENTIRE hotel, however was incredibly dry - almost to the point of discomfort.

When we first arrived (around noon) there were several room service trays in the hallways, but by mid afternoon they had disappeared. The staff we encountered cleaning rooms or elsewhere were pleasant and helpful.

It is a bit isolated in its location - unless you plan to drive or cab or T it into downtown, your food options are very limited. The Sauciety restaurant is HUGELY expensive, and the only other choices you have are Starbucks or, of course, room service which amounts to over $20 for a chicken salad sandwich, including 18% gratuity and $3.00 delivery charge! (Fortunately, we had breakfast and lunch provided by our event.)

So, over all, it was clean, neat, new and pleasant, but they never seem to miss an opportunity to gouge travelers who are already paying high rates for rooms for MORE money! In addition to the expensive food options, valet parking is $37 and self-parking $27 per 24 hours. 1 litre bottles of water in the room are $5 each. Internet is $9.95 for 24 hours.

As I said at the beginning, I balked at the $255 per night rate, but perhaps I would have found it easier to take if some of these other charges were more reasonable or better still, non-existent.

by tucsongirl

I and my husband is planning to stay at this hotel for 4 nights. Does anyone have any feedback on the hotel?

Thanks a lot.

RE: The Westin Boston Waterfront

by zuriga

Did you check on www.traveladvisor.com? You should be able to get lots of input there. Most Westins are quite nice, and I think this one probably is, too.

RE: The Westin Boston Waterfront

by alansm

It's a beautiful new hotel, but it's not located in the Downtown Area. It's actually adjacent to the convention center in a very industrialized section of town. It's a walk to get to any real civilization, like restaurants, clubs, tourist sites, etc. If you want to be "where the action is", unfortunately this isn't it. It takes 10 or 15 minutes of walking to get to the edge of Downtown or the Waterfront. The area surrounding the hotel isn't unsafe, per se, just totally devoid of people at "off" hours.

RE: RE: The Westin Boston Waterfront

by cacosta

I'm sure its a good hotel but check www.tripadvisor.com

Re: The Westin Boston Waterfront

by sjwalsh

right the hotel is in a area only good for people attending conventions
Stay downtown near Boston Common which is in the heart and easy to see everything you will want to do in the city walking
Try Omni or Nine Zero Outstanding locations