The Westin Copley Place Boston

See Amenities
PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

2011 Actuary Outing

by written on August 14, 2011

The site of the 2011 Actuary conference was the Westin Copley Place. I arrived late in the afternoon, and after a short line, checked in quickly and was whisked up to my 16th floor room. Walking in, I was greeted by a beautiful, spacious area, with a nice view of the surrounding area of Copley Place. Everyone I ran into in the hotel was great.

I did have a few minor snafus. Apparently, the cleaning crew bumped my mini bar at some point - when I got home, I realized I was charged for something on it :(

The other nightmare is the elevators can be brutal to wait for during conferences. I found I often had to walk to the first floor, and catch the elevator there. I think they are weight sensored, so when enough weight is aboard, it won't stop to let others on. One night, I wanted to go down from the 16th floor. After waiting literally 20 minutes, I finally headed to the stairs. Which I learned I couldn't get out from except to exit onto the street. The next day, with bags in tow, I again headed down the stairs rather than have the huge wait. This time, I got stuck in a kitchen, and a cook had to lead me out :( Not a pleasant experience.

But that was it as far as bad things to say. The location is great - you can easily get to the Freedom Trail, and many great places to eat are in the area. I also could walk to Boston Common, and there is a nearby stop for the subway system.

Finally, the hotel is connected to Copley Place, a gigantic, sprawling mall system. So whether you want to do some shopping, or just do some walking without suffering through any bad weather, this is a great place to stretch your legs!

machomikemd's Profile Photo

luxe in the center of Copley place

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 14, 2010

very expensive part of boston! thuis huge hotel is located in the ritzy backbay area of boston and is just across the street from the Iconic Fairmont Copley Boston Hotel and connected to the Luxe Copley Place Mall. So, after 4 days in south boston particulary in Dorchester, I want a change of scenery so I've checked in here in the luxe Westin Copley Place with 2 friends hehehe to make it cheaper (here a room here costs $ 275 a night for a twin room ok! while I am known to splurge, I don't splurge on accomodations hehehe). And since the hotel is in the center of the ritzy shopping area of boston, what else to do but shop in nearby ross for less, marshall's and to thje huge mall in wherelse but at Copley Place!. Well everboy knows the westin group and this huge hotel complex has about 800 rooms and ther have starbucks coffee satchets in their coffee makers in each room and plush bathrooms plus several nice restos nearby like Legal Sea Foods.

Unique Quality: the nice beds, free wifi, starbucks coffee satchets in coffee maker, huge rooms and the Chic and Hip Bar 10 which is frequented more by locals than by tourists (Bar 10 which was voted Best Hotel Bar by Boston Magazine, see my separate bar 10 tips on nightlife area). plus is located near a T stop just across the street if you want to go to downtown via a T subway.

Directions: 10 Huntington Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts, 02116, United States

moiraistyx's Profile Photo

WHERE THE PHOENIX SUNS STAY WHEN THEY'RE IN TOWN

by written on August 31, 2006

I have to admit the only time I stayed here is when Alex was in town with the team. The only reason we stayed in the hotel was because I couldn't have over night guests in the dorm. Anyway, the rooms here are absolutely huge and the staff will do just about anything for a VIP, including delivering whatever food and beverage you want even if they have to run to Store 24 to get it. When we stayed her there was always fresh towels when we wanted them and they came to turn down the linens every night. They placed Godiva chocolates on the pillows after freshening the room too. Needless to say during the 90's this was the hotel of choice for the Phoenix Suns. The bar downstairs is fantastic too. Great atmosphere and fantastic bartenders. Ask for a Woo-Woo, they're yummy.

Unique Quality: Huge rooms and accomodating staff.

tigertiger's Profile Photo

Room with a view

by written on April 19, 2006

Very nice - well presented if not a little pricey.
The food was again very good but you can eat out in some very nice restaurants with plenty to eat for a good price.
Found everyone to be helpful and intrested in conversation other than just doing a job.
Not to sure about the US thing on tipping? I like to tip if I feel it is deserved not because they expect it.
Would happily stay there again

Unique Quality: My room had a stunning view of the old city

alan18's Profile Photo

somehow disappointed

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 30, 2006

Westin has its brand name and reputation for high quality accomendation and services. Somehow we are disappointed by The Westin Copley Place. We stayed on the 33rd floor and the room is ok and the bed is comfortable. But the room's sound insulation is terrible. We were woke up by next door's morning call and alarms around 6am while we are still on the west coast time. After that, you can hear noise from my both side of neighbors. We went down for some directions around the town at Concierge around 11am. There was only one lady while at least 5 groups of guests were in line. About 30 minutes later, we got our info. I expected much more from a Westin and somehow am disappointed even though the location is excellent.

goingsolo's Profile Photo

The Westin Copley Place

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 26, 2004

The hotel is pricey for what it offers, which is more a reflection of its location rather than its accommodations and amenities. When I stayed there in 2002, there were many problems with the elevators, which caused a lot of frustration since the room was located on a high hotel floor. The staff wasn't particularly responsive either, which is surprising for a Westin Hotel.

Unique Quality: Nothing extraordinary. Walking distance to Faneuil Hall and some bars and restaurants. Also, the hotel is connected to Copley Place, an upscale shopping mall.

kumachan200x's Profile Photo

BestHotel in Boston!!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 14, 2003

The Westin Copley Place Boston is an idyllic urban retreat for travelers, set in the center of one of historic Boston's finest neighborhoods, Back Bay. The hotel features amenities such as Westin's exclusive 10-layer Heavenly Bed®, a health club with indoor pool, shopping in the retail gallery at Copley Place, skywalk access to more than 100 shops at Copley Place and the Prudential Center, as well as the newly-opened Grettacole Spa, located adjacent to the hotel lobby. We also feature our well-known Turner Fisheries, and chic hotspot Bar10. The Westin Copley Place offers the kind of comfort and class guests desire. The Westin Copley Place Boston is conveniently located across the street from Back Bay Station for Amtrak and commuter rail service.

Nearby The Westin Copley Place Boston

• Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Boston Travel Forum

Need advice about Boston, Massachusetts? Visit the Travel Forum for Boston and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Boston hotel reviews

North End
Boston Common
Mike's Pastry
Restaurants
Bull & Finch Pub (Cheers)
Newbury Street