143 Saint Paul Street,, Brookline, Massachusetts, 02446, United States
The Samuel Sewall Inn
Travelocity Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Samuel Sewall Inn

Needing some help in the Boston department

by aemaya

So. This is the second time I have been to Boston and still no "oooh!"

I love NY, I love NH, and I certainly love Maine, so how come I am not in love with Boston?

The accents still make me swoon. However, save a few pretty historic homes, and the ice sculptures on New Years (awesome), I am still not feeling it. Am I missing something?

Trying find a way to enter the turnpike and head up to Maine is a slight nightmare. Getting to the airport is fantastically easy if there are no weather diversions. The bartender at the Killians(?) Bar at that airport mixes a mean and very effective cosmopolitan.

I stayed at the Samuel Sewall Inn in Brookline. Gorgeous house, gorgeous rooms. Pretty cheap at $139 a night. Definitely worth the money.
www.samuelsewallinn.com
If you go, ask them to use a snow sled. If they tell you they don't have one, ask what they did with mine. :( I left it there by accident. Think of how cool I would look if hell froze over and it snowed here in Texas? I would be the only one who had a sled, let alone knew what to do with it.

Maybe I will love Boston more after watching a Sox game, no?

Some didn't mind waiting on the leftovers...Some didn't mind waiting on the leftovers...

ITS A STEEP HILLITS A STEEP HILL

Just Imagine (1930) - Great film!Just Imagine (1930) - Great film!

Hey, I match the walls!Hey, I match the walls!

Travel Tips for Brookline

A Bit 'O Brookline

by garridogal

"America's First Suburb"

I once read that Brookline is America's first suburb. Bostonians would pack up in the summer and trek the short distance there and spend summers in its mansions. Not too hard to picture this since being there does make you feel like you've gotten away.

However, it's just a short T ride away from Boston.

"If you're a Car Afficionado"

This is a shot of the Lars Anderson Car Museum. I was there for a Company Launch (the museum does a lot of functions). Otherwise, I probably would never have gone here but I'm glad I got to spend an evening at this really pretty location.

"And you just never know"

What kind of cuties you'll run into in Brookline!

Comments