350 Main Street, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 02142, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

• myfuninthesun's Profile Photo

Great boutique hotel

Very convenient location, very clean, helpful staff, comfortable bed, free wifi, free parking & breakfast included. We liked it so much we are returning and will use it as our base whenever we need to be in Boston. a very good value.

• RhondaRuth's Profile Photo

Stay right next to MIT and the Redline T Station

We stayed here one night for an event and had a great experience! The bed & pillows were very comfortable, along with the seating in the room. A very nice desk to do paperwork and a wing back chair with reading light for those late night reading jags you might get. They also have Internet connection and their furnishings were lovely antiques.

Unique Quality: They have a cafe also, called The Black Sheep. We had breakfast there and the food was FANTASTIC ... but I thought their brunch was very expensive. It's a good thing it was DELICOUS!

Lunch and Dinner were both great experiences. I've eaten here often before heading for home at the end of a busy work day.

People here are very friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed our one night stay & would go back again.

Directions: Right at Kendall Square on the Redline. MIT is their neighbor.

More about Kendall Hotel

Very Nice Experience

by TripAdvisor Member germ

Enjoyed our one night stay at the Kendall Hotel.
Quaint hotel with nice furnishings.
Very quiet area of town right on the MIT campus. One block away is the Kendall / MIT Red Line T stop which gives you access to the rest of Cambridge and Boston.
Large, quiet, clean and comfortable room.

Very enjoyable stay

by TripAdvisor Member Jane_Doe_04

Somebody at the Kendall understands that not every visitor wants a generic chain hotel experience. Our Memorial Day weekend at the Kendall Hotel gave us exactly what we we were looking for-- comfortable beds, charming decor, free internet access, a Wonderful breakfast! included in the rate, and in/out self-parking. (Their Specials may include free parking, but sometimes it's $18/night--be sure you understand the terms of your stay, and ask for a confirmation email.) The clientele seemed to be educator types. Before visiting, we had concerns that the area might be depressingly empty at night, but it was fine. Not Back Bay liveliness, but not Back Bay prices either. And the T-stop is very convenient, just halfway down the block. We'll definitely go back if we can catch another rate Special (we paid $174), and if they keep doing those great breakfasts!

Beware Priceliners - there may not be room at the inn

by TripAdvisor Member debsam00

I first have to start this review stating that the Kendall Hotel is a very nice mid-size hotel that has a bed and breakfast feel to it. The rooms are decorated in a very nice colonial style – not overly stuffy or musty that some smaller B+B’s can have. The bathrooms are very clean and seem to have been newly refurbished – which is definitely a plus for my wife and I. Also, included with the room is a very nice breakfast. Overall our experience was very pleasant.
However, one huge problem occurred upon our arrival. We had made the reservations through Priceline a week before our stay. Right after I received the confirmation, I called the hotel to follow-up on the booking and to ask for a room with a king if available. The person I spoke to said they did receive the reservation and they could accommodate my request. I called the Kendall again the afternoon of our arrival to make sure there were no problems and to tell them that I would be arriving late (around 9:00). The person I spoke to again said the late arrival is fine and that they would “see us then”. However, when we got to the hotel the front desk person – who was not the person I spoke to at 1:00 –said they were over booked and that they would be putting us up a Hampton Inn somewhere nearby. After putting at a pretty strong fuss, the desk person got in contact with the manager and –after a couple of phone calls - suddenly there was a room available for us. Afterwards, the front desk personnel said that the hotel sometimes over books and that the Priceline and Expedia reservations get bumped for full fair rooms. Now I know the when you make your plans through Priceline you have to be flexible but you do confirm a certain level of hotel with your bid price. The Kendall hotel and the Hampton Inn chain are clearly not on the same level. I’m just wondering how at 1:00 in the afternoon I had a room confirmed and at 9:00 it was not available – but then it became available. I would stay at the Kendall again but only if I was booking it through the hotel. I am giving it a (3) rating primarily because of the questionable reservation policy. If it was not for this problem, it would be rated higher. Conclusion: those using Priceline or other on-line booking sites beware.

A Pleasant Stay at the Kendall

by TripAdvisor Member travelingprof2

My wife and I stayed at the Kendall for 2 nights. Overall it was a very pleasant experience. Located in a remodelled fire hall, it had a colonial charm even though we aren't particularly fond of that decorating style. The room was clean and well kept. It was a quiet and restful place and the staff were friendly. We also enjoyed the very nice American style breakfast included in the rate. It was very reasonably priced for a Boston hotel (although actually located in Cambridge, it's right on the Red Line of the Boston subway). We would certainly recommend this hotel.

A wonderful hotel

by TripAdvisor Member berkeleydude

In my opinion, this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean, the location is wonderfully close to the T stop, there is free wireless internet, the water pressure is great, and the decorations are truly charming. Even the breakfast was good.

I like this place better than the expensive Marriott across the street.

Perfect choice for us!

by TripAdvisor Member YankeeNC

I spent two nights at the Kendall with my 8 and 10 year old children, and we were more than pleased. The entire hotel was extemely clean and welcoming, and the staff was great. Buffet breakfast was included in the room rate (for all three of us!). The location is ideal- just two doors from both the Kendall/MIT T stop, and a Beantown Trolley stop.

I love this place

by TripAdvisor Member jaabda

The Kendall is a beautiful hotel. The lobby and the rooms are so welcoming and the place is clean and quiet. There is a parking garage located under the hotel, because of the great location you could park here for your entire stay and walk or take the subway to anywhere in town. I have stayed in a lot of places, this is absolutely one of my favorites and I will stay here anytime I am in Boston for business.

Fabulous Place with Great Service

by TripAdvisor Member munchkin

My partner and I stayed one nite at the Kendall and were very pleased. THe breakfast was outstanding, and our rate thru Orbitz was half the rack rate. The T is just down the block, so being aways from downtown is no problem. THe real surprise, however, was the helpfulness of Andita at the front desk. I had a problem with the computer in the business area and she was a great help, even though she was alone at the desk. We then had a problem with the rate upon checkout, which she immediately took care of. She was a gem, to say the least, as was everyone in this delightful hotel.

Comments