Inn On The Square

Costs 49% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Inn On The Square

cozy place

by TripAdvisor Member dmt78

We were greeted nicely at the front desk and the staff was
very friendly. Our room was facing the road so we could hear
traffic, but the room was clean and the bed comfortable.
We had a jacuzzi in our room which was relaxing, and had
a refrigerator/microwave which was convenient.

The hall ways were dark, lighting poor. Breakfast was ok,
selection was good but ran out of plates and no one was
on hand to refill or freshen things up.

We would stay here again, but hope that they listen to their
customers and freshen up the place some.

Friendly staff and lovely hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Franci_Linus

Staff welcomed us very friendly and we found the rooms tidy and cozy. The parking was newly paved and very close to hotel entrance. An indoor swimming pool is also available. The surrounding was beautiful eventhough we visited Falmouth in winter time.

Not a luxury hotel, but not too bad

by TripAdvisor Member barnhok

Stayed here mid-April for 2 nights. The room was large enough to comfortably fit 2 queens and a rollaway for our son. The beds had nice, new looking down comforters and bedding; one sagged a bit, while the other was in good shape. (The photos on Expedia reflect the decor we had; the photos on Travelocity seem out of date.) The pool was nice and quite large for a hotel. The breakfast was fairly good for an extended continental brunch, but not maintained well. No coffee one morning and tables not bussed. They ran out of several items but when my son requested a certain type of sweet roll (they'd had them the day before), the woman at the front desk went and found him the last 2 and even zapped them in the microwave! There is a washer and dryer available for use on the 2nd floor. ($2 each per load). The hallways of the 2nd floor creaked and groaned--made me glad we didn't stay on the 1st floor. We also experienced a very cold room when we arrived but finally figured out the heating controls and were comfortable during our stay. I would have given this 3.5 stars if possible, as it was a notch above a typical hotel and very reasonably priced in April. However, the location of many rooms right on the main thoroughfare , the sagging bed and the lack of consistent service make it not up to a 4 star standard (they bill themselves as "Falmouth's Luxury Hotel" which seems a bit of a strech). We felt we got a very good price for a decent room and breakfast and really appreciated the help of the front desk clerk on April 12.

Worst Inn Experience

by TripAdvisor Member djme101

We booked on the hotels web site and my card was charged the next day which seemed strange. When we checked in, they needed the credit card again to charge $25 more for amendities if you use any. We didn't use any and they still charged the extra to my card. Still tring to resolve it with no luck. The room was clean and plenty big enough except it was very hot inside which seemed odd being April and
temps in the 50's. We needed to run the AC full blast all night just to get the room comfortable by morning. The free continential breakfast wasn't very good with stale bagels and limited selection. We stayed at much better places down the cape for half the price. The only good thing was the location as we walked 5 minutes to downtown Falmouth for a great dinner.

Quaint Inn

by TripAdvisor Member TripTrekkerDC

I had read some of the reviews of this Inn before my husband had booked it and was concerned needless to say. However, we had a lovely stay at the Inn on the Square over Memorial Day weekend and the rest of that week.

We stayed in the cottage building and while it is an older motel it was very well appointed and the beds were wonderful! The rooms were clean and neat. The staff was friendly and the free breakfast was a bonus. The hotel is currently looking for someone to take over the restaurant/dinning area so currently there is only breakfast served at the Inn.

While it is somewhat pricey you really can't beat the location. It is a short walk to some great restaurants and shopping downtown, you can rent a bike directly across the street and bike along the "Shining Sea" bike path, to the beach or walk to the Woodhole shuttle parking to catch to ferry to Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket.

We really enjoyed our stay there so I hope those reading the reviews will take some of them with a grain of salt and not discount this Inn when making your travel plans.

Decent hotel, nice location

by TripAdvisor Member jbarch

I've stayed in this hotel about 3 times in the past 10 years. Every time we go back it gets a little less admirable. Although the staff and accomodations are very nice, some things seem to be aging. The restaurant/bar in the hotel is now closed down. There is a good continental, serve yourself breakfast. The hotel has a nice indoor pool which could use a little TLC but it is in fairly good condition. Inn on the square is located within walking distance to a bus shuttle area that will take you to the ferries to Marthas vineyard and Nantucket. Also, Falmouth is a nice small town. Bike rentals/bike path are right outside. I recommend this hotel but the prices are a little steep for what you get. Considering location and pleasant atmosphere I would probably go back.

Extremely noise

by TripAdvisor Member Woburn07

The location was great but the noise level was beyond belief. Each time a guest closed their door, the sound echoed through the hall very loudly well into late in the evening. Do even think of sleeping past 8 here. The walls were very thin as well.

In addition, do not get a room near the maids storage room. They were equally as loud with the door slamming.

They could use a few more towels in the room.

great location

by TripAdvisor Member harrypotterLiverpool

We really enjoyed our stay in this hotel. The room was clean and the bed was so comfortable. We had a jacuzzi room which was excellent. The location of the hotel suited us well, a five minute walk to the ferry station fof Martha's Vineyard. The only complaint i have is the pool needed a good clean but apart from that it was great.
The Quarterdeck restaurant in Falmouth serves excellent steak i would highly recommend it .

Very Dismal Experience

by TripAdvisor Member hmancini

I had a wedding in the area and was looking forward to my stay very much on the Cape. The Inn on the Square was a recommendation and the photos looked lovely. I paid a rate of $284 (including tax) and was expecting a 3-4 star experience but was quickly disgruntled. The hotel had very unfriendly staff upon check-in. The room I had stayed in had a toilet in which the handle was very tempermental and would not flush. I had to call an attendent twice to flush (embarrassing) and had them explain to my husband and I that the handle was very "delicate". I found this to be a great inconvience to take the toilet apart each time I needed to flush. The walls are VERY thin and I could often here conversations in the hallway or cars passing by from the main road. The pool area was fine but could be much cleaner and use updating. The "deluxe" continental breakfast consisted of medicore bagels, tiny muffins and cereal. All the while the Starbucks coffee was the only thing that had been boasted....I now know why. As someone that frequently travels, I usually pride myself on picking hotels that are a great choice and I don't mind spending the money on a 4 or 5 star experience. I have to say I was sadly disappointed with this choice. I would encourage visitors to research other hotels in the area before staying here.

Not the luxury

by TripAdvisor Member Christa_7

The hotel is supposed to have been refurbished for 2007. Well there was not much evidence of that,. Our room was dark and gloomy, there were damp patches on the ceiling and far too much furniture crammed into the room, making it small and not easy to move around. The towels may have been 'Turkish' but they were pretty old and not very big. The luxury toiletries provided consisted of a small bottle of shampoo and one of conditioner. The seats in the restaurant had dirty stains on them. The bedroom doors slammed shut so all night you could hear people coming and going to their rooms.

Comments