313 Grand Avenue, Falmouth, Massachusetts, 02540, United States

• Untruthful, Just Untruthful

Management response to awful just awful mhanlon9:

The picture that's worth a thousand words here is mhanlon referring to the child whom he claimed was his son as an "accessory". Unfortunately, the child is treated as such. Three hours prior to mhalon9's arrival here, he sent an e-mail requesting a cot in his room. What kind of parents of an 11 month old travel without a crib or pacnplay? What kind of parents would put an 11 month old on a cot? The parents of an accessory I suppose.

In a perfect world, every child would be planned and wanted and loved. In the less than perfect world which we all inhabit, "parents" who, despite repeated requests, argue with one another at top volume, from 8:20 P.M. through 11:40 P.M. while staying at our B&B, will be asked to leave. The decibel level of the mhanlon9's alchohol induced shouting match, exceeded the capacity of our walls to mute it.

No one instituted a "no infants" policy during mhanlon9's stay. mhanlon9's inappropriate behavior required us for the first time ever (and since), to enforce our existing "no disruptive adults" policy. The only mistake made, was in not informing child protective services.

Unique Quality: We take great care, in all aspects of our innkeeping, to foster a calm, peaceful, serene environment, and constantly work to ensure the quiet enjoyment of the Inn by all of our guests. (falsely) Negative reviews posted as a form of vendetta will not change this.

• Awful, just Awful

Here's my Inn on the Sound experience: Wanting to give my wife a very special birthday, I checked out a lot of area B&Bs online for good comments. After finding Inn on the Sound, I thought I'd found the perfect place. I emailed them to let them know it was for my wife's birthday, and to check that an 11 month old would be all right accessory to bring along. I checked a couple of times, knowing that traveling with a nearly one year old is not the same as us traveling in our carefree days. The owner mailed back, saying it was okay, and was incredibly accommodating, even getting in a crib for us.
    I was *very* grateful. They made us book 3 nights, but it was okay, I was grateful. Until the owners approached us and evicted us after our first night, in the middle of our son's nap. The claim was his crying at night disturbed the other guests, though he slept from 10:30pm to 8am, straight through. So I guess the walls must be very thin or perhaps the complaint was referring to the excited cries of a baby from an hour earlier or so when we arrived and the owners brought their dog into our room.
    I put this up to the owners being relatively new to the B&B industry, but there is still no way I would ever recommend any one stay at this B&B. They were *incredibly* rude to my wife and myself, and I really just wish, instead of instituting a "no infants" policy in the middle of our stay, effective immediately, they had had the decency to admit their mistake, either in taking the reservation or in accepting infants, full stop.

Unique Quality: Rude owners, I suppose. Nice views.

More about Inn on the Sound

We Will Be Back!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member lexus100

Each year my wife and I take a romantic getaway to celebrate our
birthdays. For the past 15 years we have stayed at many B&Bs, hotels, and resorts. We always stay at places that are on the water or have water views. When we came upon the Inn on the Sound it was almost to good to be true: beautiful views, private deck, and impeccable rooms. However beautiful the Inn is, what stands out is the warmth and caring of Jan and Howard. I use their first names because they make you feel like you have known them forever. Never in all our stays has the service been better.
While they allow you the privacy you need, they are ever present to meet your requests. Case in point: When we first used our shower , we found the floor to be very slippery, even though mats were provided. Howard rushed out to purchase a different mat, not once, but twice. This is only one example of Jan and Howard going the extra mile. In our conversations with other guests, the comment was always the same: "What a great place". By the way, we extended our stay at the Inn because it was so great. I might add that another guest did the same thing. That is the ultimate compliment. I can't imagine anyone having any kind of criticism of the Inn. While we make it a practice to stay at different places each year, I can tell you that we will break that rule next year and return to the Inn.

Fabulous B&B

by TripAdvisor Member TravelLover15

We could not have picked a better place to stay in Falmouth. The Inn and our room were absolutely beautiful and comfortable, the fresh cooked breakfasts were delicious every day, and the location was perfect -- just steps to a private beach and overlooking the Sound. The owners, Howard and Janet, and the staff were so gracious and really made us comfortable. The night we checked in we arrived very late at night and were concerned that we would be greeted with less than open arms. We called to let them know, and Howard was very understanding and did not make us feel uncomfortable at all. We look forward to returning and will recommend the Inn to all of our friends.

Great Location, Wonderful Hosts

by TripAdvisor Member gracer

Even before I arrived at the Inn on the Sound, I was grabbed by the view of the ocean as we drove along Grand Ave. When we got to the Inn, I realized that this breathtaking view would be a constant part of our stay. It can be enjoyed from almost every room, and from the front porch. When I walked into the Inn, the immediate feel was a light, breezy, comfort; another constant during our stay. Howard and Janet are masters at making you feel pampered and part of the family at the same time. They have a knack of knowing when to be there for you, and when to leave you on your own with all the amenities to make your stay just the way you would like it. The Inn on the Sound is a wonderful get away for adults looking to relax. And if you have had enough relaxing, it's location enbles you to find just about anything you would like to do close by.

A wonderful 3 days

by TripAdvisor Member dls2789

Dear Reader.
I wanted to share our very favorable experience during our recent vacation to the Cape Cod area. My wife and I stayed at the Inn on the Sound B&B in Falmouth, Mass. The house is quaint with a superb oceanfront location. The front veranda is the perfect place to enjoy one of their great tasting breakfast. In addition to the comfortable surroundings and pleasant room decor, the Inn sets the standard for cleanliness.

As with any stay in a B&B, it largely comes down to the host(s) operating the facility. This is where the Inn truly shines. Howard and Jan were very gracious and always made us feel as though we were the most honored guests in their inn. They helped us with our daily travel plans and assisted us with dinner reservations. Dinner reservations are almost unheard of during the month of August. One of the acts that was truly above and beyond resulted from a minor hit and run to our car. Howard contacted a body shop which agreed to see us on very short notice.

To sum it up, we had a great time at the Inn and would highly recommend it. We enjoyed Howard and Jan's company enough that we extended an invitation for them to be our guest if they were ever visiting the St. Louis area. We joked that the perfect time for a visit would be the next time that the Cardinals and the Red Sox are in the World Series- but I truly hope that their visit occurs before then!!!

Delightfully submitted, Dennis and Georgine
St. Louis, Missouri

Home Away from Home

by TripAdvisor Member NewRochelletraveller

My husband and I had a delightful three day stay in August at the Inn on the Sound in Falmouth, Cape Cod, Massachusetts. Our room was spacious, immaculately clean, and furnished in a charming beach style with a gorgeous view of the water. The owner innkeepers were extremely friendly, and our visit felt as if we were in their home as welcome guests. The breakfast served each morning was delicious featuring fresh fruit and juice, a different hot entree each morning, baked goods, and homemade granola along with coffee etc. Snacks including baked goods and fruit as well as beverages were available throughout the day to enjoy on the front deck or in the inn. There is a lovely beach directly across the street . We will definitely return.

The Best of the Best!

by TripAdvisor Member SusanLaura

We recently returned from a very comfortable and relaxing stay at the wonderful Inn on the Sound. Jan and Howard are truly exceptional hosts, and go out of their way to make everyone's stay as pleasant and personal as possible. They are genuinely lovely people!

We, of course, had looked at the photos of all the rooms on line before calling for reservations - and unfortunately - or fortunately- had to be booked into two different rooms during our stay because were not reserving far enough ahead. Both were lovely and very comfortable. During the course of our five days at the Inn we were lucky enough to get a peek at almost all the rooms between guests, and I can honestly say that this is a case where the photos online do not do the actual rooms justice! Although the photos are great, the rooms themselves are even more beautiful in person! The tones are gentle and restful, and everything has been designed with the guests' comfort in mind. In addition to that, the Inn is spotless, and the breakfasts are varied and delicious! And if you do happen to think of something that might be needed, Howard and Jan welcome your suggestions.

All in all, considering the hosts, the location, the entire atmoshere, the breakfasts, and the comfortable and beautifully appointed rooms...you should not be disappointed here. Our weather was mostly rain and we still had a wonderful relaxing time. We look forward to our return (and trying out yet another lovely room)!

Sue and Stu, Metuchen, NJ

A dreamy retreat

by TripAdvisor Member hugoRIZZOLI

We are quite particular about our travel lodging (as innkeepers ourselves)--and we understand intimately what goes into
creating a special experience at a bed and breakfast. At Inn on the Sound, Howard and Janet have made a dreamy spot on
the Cape Cod coast even dreamier. Our spotless and serene guest room was thoughtfully decorated and offered
stunning vistas over the ocean to Martha's Vineyard. The airy, light-filled breakfast room was our first stop of the day and where we enjoyed the Inn's comforting food that curiously reflected the artistic and colorful features of the inn itself. Howard and Janet have created a special place. We have
realized that a guest's experience begins and ends, ultimately,
with the innkeepers. And these two are winners.

Exceptional B&B

by TripAdvisor Member DGibbons

October 2006.
The Inn on the Sound is a wonderful B&B with terrific views toward Martha's Vineyard from almost every room. Hosts and staff could not be more helpful - easily going the extra mile to make you feel at home. Hosts are gourmet cooks and breakfasts are an event. House pets are extra bonus. We will return.

Comments