Inn on the Sound

See Amenities

Untruthful, Just Untruthful

by written on July 23, 2007

Management response to awful just awful mhanlon9:

The picture that's worth a thousand words here is mhanlon referring to the child whom he claimed was his son as an "accessory". Unfortunately, the child is treated as such. Three hours prior to mhalon9's arrival here, he sent an e-mail requesting a cot in his room. What kind of parents of an 11 month old travel without a crib or pacnplay? What kind of parents would put an 11 month old on a cot? The parents of an accessory I suppose.

In a perfect world, every child would be planned and wanted and loved. In the less than perfect world which we all inhabit, "parents" who, despite repeated requests, argue with one another at top volume, from 8:20 P.M. through 11:40 P.M. while staying at our B&B, will be asked to leave. The decibel level of the mhanlon9's alchohol induced shouting match, exceeded the capacity of our walls to mute it.

No one instituted a "no infants" policy during mhanlon9's stay. mhanlon9's inappropriate behavior required us for the first time ever (and since), to enforce our existing "no disruptive adults" policy. The only mistake made, was in not informing child protective services.

Unique Quality: We take great care, in all aspects of our innkeeping, to foster a calm, peaceful, serene environment, and constantly work to ensure the quiet enjoyment of the Inn by all of our guests. (falsely) Negative reviews posted as a form of vendetta will not change this.

Awful, just Awful

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 19, 2006

Here's my Inn on the Sound experience: Wanting to give my wife a very special birthday, I checked out a lot of area B&Bs online for good comments. After finding Inn on the Sound, I thought I'd found the perfect place. I emailed them to let them know it was for my wife's birthday, and to check that an 11 month old would be all right accessory to bring along. I checked a couple of times, knowing that traveling with a nearly one year old is not the same as us traveling in our carefree days. The owner mailed back, saying it was okay, and was incredibly accommodating, even getting in a crib for us.
I was *very* grateful. They made us book 3 nights, but it was okay, I was grateful. Until the owners approached us and evicted us after our first night, in the middle of our son's nap. The claim was his crying at night disturbed the other guests, though he slept from 10:30pm to 8am, straight through. So I guess the walls must be very thin or perhaps the complaint was referring to the excited cries of a baby from an hour earlier or so when we arrived and the owners brought their dog into our room.
I put this up to the owners being relatively new to the B&B industry, but there is still no way I would ever recommend any one stay at this B&B. They were *incredibly* rude to my wife and myself, and I really just wish, instead of instituting a "no infants" policy in the middle of our stay, effective immediately, they had had the decency to admit their mistake, either in taking the reservation or in accepting infants, full stop.

Unique Quality: Rude owners, I suppose. Nice views.

Nearby Inn on the Sound

• Continental Breakfast
  • Free Parking
  • Free High Speed Internet

Falmouth Travel Forum

Need advice about Falmouth, Massachusetts? Visit the Travel Forum for Falmouth and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Falmouth hotel reviews