Monticello Motel Framingham

Monticello Motel
Hotels.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• Fithy, Disgusting.

I will start by saying that this is a horrific, vile, disgusting miserable place to stay.

Everything in the two rooms I booked was broken down and filthy. It is so disgusting that I took pictures to send to the health department. The refrigerator was full of ice and rattled. Fortunately, the air conditioner rattled louder once I turned it on so that I couldn't hear the refrigerator any more.

The staff is unprofessional and their veracity should be taken with more than grain of salt.

They advertise internet connectivity but it would have been much easier to get a connection to three of the nearby hotels than to get a connection to their router. I couldn't maintain a connection for more than a few seconds.

The furniture is old and dirty. The TV had a big splotch of something on the screen. It had to be at least 30 years old.

The CARPET is filthy everywhere. Stains everywhere you look. The hallway leading to the second floor had broken down appliances turned backwards.

The ice machine was broken and smelled so it hadn't been on for some time.

I refused to sit in the desk chair because of the filth and body fluids dried into the fabric.

The curtain in my room looked like it had been slept in.

...and just when you think it can't get worse, THERE IS THE SMELL..

A cross between body odor, an ash tray, mold and mouse dropping stewed to perfection with a hint of spray deodorant that doesn't have a prayer of working.

...and THAT was the SECOND room that I got because I complained about my first room!!!!

Vile! Avoid at ALL COSTS!!!!!

It doesn't matter where in Framingham you go besides this place. You can't do worse!

I will be calling the health department and filing a complaint!

• Check everything before paying

We took a room that had broken lock. We were told that only problem with the room is that the lock is broken. After we paid and checked in, we also found that the cold water faucet is not working. Room also had some kind of smell.

Stay here only if you can't find any other place.

• Monticello Motel a hidden Gem

I had to stay in Framingham while I was training for my business and I came across too many hotels that were 90+ a night for a simple room. I happen to drive by the Monticello which is a classic American kind of hotel and I was shocked to find that they're prices were at least 30% less than all the others. Also I had to stay for a week so I got an efficiency guest room and I paid an unbelievable $380 for a two bed with a kitchen! FOR THE WEEK! I got a discount for my company and we're pretty much sold on staying there from now on. THEY HAVE HIGH SPEED WIRELESS IN ALL THE ROOMS

• Jan 27, 2013 at 8:22 PM

I booked two nights on January 24, 25, 2013 in this monticello motel in Framingham while visiting some friends in Framingham, I wish I had read other customers' reviews here about their serious rat/mice issues in their rooms before I actually slept with a mouse for a night here !!!!!

I booked two nights for 127.34 USD, after waking up to urinate in the middle of the first night, I saw a mouse in the room, as I walked a few steps, the mouse ran and hid underneath the bed, Oh my god, I was terrified, no wonder the place smells so bad when I walked in the first place, it was the Rats. So I was terrified and called the front desk asking for a refund and I couldn't wait to move out to the next door best western hotel, the employee laughed and said ''so? a little mouse isn't going to hurt you, wait there, i will call somebody over to kill it for you''. is he joking? what kind of service and attitude is this? and he was laughing? what kind of business is this?

it was snowing outside, super cold, i was terrified, packed my things and waited outside, no one came by, 15 minutes passed by, i thought to myself, what is going on?, why on earth do i have to put up with this nonsense, i paid for a room, it has mice, here i am standing outside the door freezing my entire body off in the snow with my luggage and waiting for some guy to come over with a mouse trap to kill it so i could move back in and sleep again? what is going on??? It turns out that MICE AND RATS are very common in their hotel rooms, in their office, and many other customer also had mice in their rooms according to the employee and my talk with other customers in person. !!!! Disgusting !!!

so i called him, he told me to wait, someobody would come over, it was already 15 minutes ago, so i told him to forget about sending anybody over, are you kidding me? i went to the office myself and asked for a refund, he laughed and said no, he didnt have the power to do that, he gave me another hotel room key and told me to check it out myself if there is a rat, if there is, he would send somebody over to use the mousetrap to kill it for me, what a joke? is this real?????? i said '' are you kidding me,?'' i am a customer who paid money for a clean room without mouse, you told me i had no choice but to live in another room without knowing if there could be more mice, but if there are, which probably would be, and I would have to check out the room myself, then give you a call again in the middle of the night again and you would send someone to use mouse trap to kill them for me so i could sleep in that same room again before another mouse gets in from the dirty rooms you are providing?

he then said '' dont be scared of a mice, it is very commonly seen here, just like now, we killed some mice in other customers' rooms, even our office has mouse in the storage room because the weather is cold out here.

so i asked him to call the manager, he said ''no, i am not going to do that for you, i would get fired. and because this mouse thing happens all the time, take the new room and go check it out yourself if you see mice, call me, i will send our guy over after he's done with his dinner to kill them for you.

what a joke!!!!, so for 45 minutes i was there standing in the freezing cold snowing winter arguing with this crook employee then this crook employee told me i was starting to irritate him and told me to go back to my room, at that time, i was speechless and couldn't believe what i was hearing, what kind of business is it?

so i left the place in a state of shock, while i exit the lobby this crook employee laughed and used a sarcastic tone, thank you for coming by, have a nice evening and i hope you enjoyed your stay with us, and said with a smirk and sarcastic tone, i just simply left in a state of disbelief. i went over next door to best western hotel, only 20 dollars more per room per night, super clean and beautiful and no mice in the rooms !!!

when i came back home after my trip, i called the crook manager to ask for refund, he kept giving me excuse and saying that he had to call his employee and see what happened and he was busy he would call me back and blah blah blah, when i brought up the topic of serious rat problem in this hotel, he said i was threatening him, what????? and he denied refund and did not even apologize or acknowledge the rat problem in his disgusting motel.

I am also going to dispute my credit card charges. I am so pissed and feel scammed, ripped off, and being with disrespect and feel insulted.