Julietta House

Julietta House
Expedia.com Travelocity Tingo.com

• JuliettaHouse's Profile Photo

Cyber Lying is an interesting Sport

I am the owner of this establishment. The review by miss crocodileeyes poses an interesting problem for we owners. While everyone is entitled to their opinion, good or bad, outright lies are another matter. When people totally fabricate events, conversations and conditions that never took place what can an owner do? This person was not my customer but a guest of a customer who also lied to me. The customer rented the house (negotiating a discount) promising his wife would leave it immaculate. In truth, he never even stayed there. His cousing this reviewer called the night before arrival begging me to take the dog as they were out of options. I said no, but gave in. It was a wet week and the house smelled like wet dog. She was furious that I kept her very small deposit. Her response, to lie about the circumstances and trash me personally and trash my place. Virtual Tourist does not allow for a response. So I encourage you to go to my website. Many of our guests remark that our photos are a near perfect representation of what we have here. If I am mistaken and there is a way to reply, let me know. Thanks again to all my honest and lovely customers. We have enjoyed our 15 year experience as innkeepers and wont let a few bad apples spoil the whole experience.

Unique Quality: Amazingly Clean.
    Comfortable Beds.
    No breakfast.
    Self Catered.
    Coffee and Tea are complimentary.
    Walk to Dinner, Dancing, Music, Museums, Art.

• “AWFUL! The Owner should be ashamed!”

Unfortunately, I have very little to say that is positive regarding my experience at Julietta House.

My family rented the entire property for a reunion/holiday.
    When we arrived we were excited by the location & the exterior of the house seemed lovely.

The rooms were decent at best.
    The kitchen was unacceptable & the rules posted all over the kitchen regarding garbage disposal, recycling & trash compacting were insulting, over the top & bizarre.
    There was a list of things we could not eat in the house or store in the fridge.
    The owner, Susan Albiero, came over one morning & occupied an hour & a half of our time grilling us about the trash compactor & how much it costs her to dispose of her garbage. I believe she said it was $3.75 a dump.

We were told there was a lovely sitting room that could accommodate all of us for Christmas morning.
    Sadly this was completely untrue. The room as about 150 sq. feet at the most--WITH OUT FURNITURE. We were 11 adults & 2 children.
    There was no way to accommodate all of us to share that room for christmas morning so we ended up at my uncle's house.
    The couch that was provided was in such poor condition (no stuffing in the seats to the point where the metal bars from the fold out couch under neath were poking through) that we told the children it was unsafe for them.
    The "entertainment system" consisted of an extremely small old t.v., basic cable, & an old VHS.
    We were expecting a quaint house for us all to share the holidays in--this is not what we found.
    To add insult to injury a week before we left for Julietta House we contacted Susan to ask if she had any recommendations for dog boarding.
    She asked what type of dog we had & if it was well trained, etc.
    She then offered to let the dog stay with us at Julietta House for an extra security deposit of $150.
    She said the deposit would only be used for excessive damage i.e. if the dog tore a hole in something, etc.
    We brought our kennel for the dog to sleep in & actually kept the dog at our Uncle's house for 90% of the time we were in Gloucester.
    Upon leaving the Julietta House the 11 adults scanned the house & were all in agreement that the house was as we found it--if not better.
    I was shocked when I looked at my bank statement and saw that Susan had cashed my check!
    I contacted her immediately asking when she would return the money.
    She wrote back with a bizarre email explaining that there are fees associated with having a dog & that there were 6 hours of cleaning involved in addition to the rental of the house.
    Absurd! This house has never even seen 6 hours of cleaning in its life.
    In addition she explained that they had to clean out the freezer saying that there appeared to be "dog poo" in the freezer!
    This was absurd! Who would do that, think that or insinuate that?

I am more concerned with the bizarre behavior of this woman than with the dollar amount of her extortion.
    To be honest it was an odd house & an odd experience all around.

The owner, Susan Albiero, was extremely rude & bizarre.

Unique Quality: Signs posted all over kitchen were insulting. Owner is bizarre.

Comments