Wainwright Inn

#8 of 13 hotels in Great Barrington
Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 review
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 145 reviews

Did not honor previous owner's agreement

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 13, 2015

I made the reservation with the previous owner (who had won all the awards). I was participating in the Berkshire International Chorale. I could have stayed on their campus for the week but opted to spend an additional $900+ for a Victorian B&B. I made the reservations with the prior owner. The current owner has owned the B&B for approximately 5 months. The prior owner asked if I had special requirements for breakfast. I said "dairy- and gluten-free". She wrote this on the check-in card in big red letters. The Chorale web site listed this B&B as one of the options, driving business to this Inn. Unfortunately, choir practice began at 8:30 AM. The Inn was 13 minutes away. The Inn's breakfast also began at 8:30 AM. I asked if that meant i wouldn't get breakfast. We agreed finally that breakfast would be at 7:30 AM. He asked me, "Who arranged all this"? I said that I was the customer so I know I didn't! The second day he came to me at breakfast and said, "We have got to get together on this, I am not going to make you two eggs every day." All I wanted for breakfast at this $900+/week B&B, was 2 eggs done any style, 2 slices of bacon, 2 cups of coffee. I brought my own gluten-free bread that didn't need to be toasted. So a dozen of eggs and a pound of bacon for the week was too much for them to prepare. I didn't want water, dessert nor juice.Subtract the dozen eggs/pound bacon from the $900+ and they are left with a tidy sum. It truly diminished my overall week knowing that I wouldn't be able to enjoy a simple breakfast when the requirements were written in bold red letters on the registration card. Not a great way to start the morning to say the least!

Nearby Wainwright Inn

Amenities at Wainwright Inn

• Free Parking

Great Barrington Travel Forum

Need advice about Great Barrington, Massachusetts? Visit the Travel Forum for Great Barrington and ask our Answer Gurus.

Great Barrington Travel Guide