Massachusetts Hotels

Our Members Say

• paulapes profile photo paulapes
  • Reviews: 258

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Boston Harbor Hotel: Wonderful accommodations and staff!

My husband and I stayed here last year to celebrate our 40th Anniversary. It was just wonderful, I have absolutely no complaints. The staff was very attentive.

Because my husband is handicapped and it's hard for him to travel, I set up a long weekend at this hotel instead of doing a cruise or something along those lines so it would be easier for him. We had breakfast each morning in our room and that was an experience....wonderful food and service!

When one of the waiters found out that we were celebrating our 40th Anniversary, he came back a little while later that night with a complimentary bottle of champagne and chocolate-dipped strawberries for us!

I decided on Boston because I just love the city, plus we were able to spend some time with our kids also, who took us out to a wonderful meal at Abe & Louie's.

Beautiful views of Boston Harbor on one side, or the city on the other side.

For us, (and for most people, probably) this was a splurge for a special occasion....and it was definitely worth it!

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Luxury Travel, Spa and Resort
  • Written July 30, 2011
Tip Photo

Boston Harbor Hotel on Rowes Wharf.

• DueSer profile photo DueSer
  • Reviews: 352

Woods Hole Passage B&B: Delightful

This is a wonderful place to stay - everything a B&B should be: quiet & relaxing, beautiful Cape Cod - style house, excellent breakfast in the morning. I had such a good time. I'd love to go back and never leave.

There are several rooms to choose from, all well-decorated and comfortable. The coast is literally a minute away if you want to catch the ferry to Martha's Vineyard.

Located in a peaceful area and yet not far from all the attractions, the B&B is on a beautiful piece of property with woods behind it that lead to Spohr's Garden, making for a perfect hike before breakfast.
And I love the dog that comes with the place:-)

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Hiking and Walking, Food and Dining, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written February 12, 2009

• Faiza-Ifrah profile photo Faiza-Ifrah
  • Reviews: 616

Vacation Village in the Berkshires: Berkshires' best location

We reached the resort at 2 am on August 2, 2008 after a border crossing that consumed our 6 hours due to long weekend rush.

The unit given to us was smaller from what we are used to booking, but very well decorated. There was 1 bedroom and children had to do with sleeping in the living room. They did not complain though.

Staying at this resort enabled us to enjoy several touristic attractions in Berkshires - scenic view drives (The Mohawk Trail was awesome), pontoon boating, canoeing, hiking and trekking in state parks and state forests, learning about the good old days at Hancock Shakers Village, Chesterwood, and Berkshires Museum, shopping in the cities of Lee (Prime Outlet Mall was superb), Pittsfield and Willamstown, where we found one Indian restaurant that catered to our longing for ethnic food around that time.

Its all about location, location, location. Jiminy Peak Activities are only 1 km away. Many excellent restaurants and touristic destinations are located in nearby Lansborough, Hancock, and Pittsfield. We have not been able to participate in so many activities during 1 stay at a resort as in this one.

The resort has many in-house facilities too - Pool (Indoor/Outdoor), Children's Pool, Exercise Equipment, Playground.

• Related to: Family Travel
  • Written December 3, 2008

Entrance to our unit

• BruceDunning profile photo BruceDunning
  • Reviews: 3571

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Motel 6: Cheap but Liveable

The stay was fine. I chose the location to be a bit away from the city, but also to keep costs down. The price was right at around $60 a nite for one person. They provided a fridge and microwave, so I could have my coffee and breakfast in the room in AM. Coffee is offered in the lobby

You do have to go only one way out of the facility. I do not think there is a back way out. That means that you can only go north on US #1 and then turn around if you want to get onto Hwy 114. It is located 16 miles north of the city.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Arts and Culture
  • Written October 14, 2008

Frontal view of entrance

• Gloriann profile photo Gloriann
  • Reviews: 116

Days Inn in Shrewsbury: reasonable and clean

We stayed in this motel for a week as we toured southern New England. This location was central to all the areas we wanted to see, so we were able to make daytrips and return to the same place at night. This kept us from having to make reservations in different places all week long. We did have to always get back to this place in the evenings, but I think this is still better than having to spend time making more reservations as you go along. We have done that in the past and spent too much time making the reservations, which took the enjoyment out of the travels. I think being able to unpack the car one time and make ourselves at home in one motel was better. Had this motel been anything we did not like, we would have changed places, but it was reasonable, clean, and the room was large, plus the location seemed to be perfect!

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written August 3, 2008

• JeffreyLangBoyd profile photo JeffreyLangBoyd
  • Reviews: 12

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Boston Park Plaza: Boston Park Plaza is Very Good For Tourists

My 12 year old son and I had a very nice stay at the Boston Park Plaza. The hotel is quite beautiful and the rooms, although small, were very nice.

The bed was literally one of the most comfortable I have ever slept on. If you've ever seen the commercials with someone jumping on a bed with the glass of wine on the other side not being tipped over it was just like that. Maybe not that good but I know I could get out of bed without disturbing my son.

Only complaint was the concierge service and business center were quite average. Not up to the standard in my opinion.

I don't think a better location exists for a stay in Boston. Beacon Hill, Boston Common were easy walking distance and the subway was only a block away. We walked from South Station (arrived via Amtrak). The price was very reasonable for a place this convenient and nice. The Boston Park Plaza will always be my first choice in Boston unless someone else is paying the bill!!!

Perfect location!

Beautiful with history as well!

• Related to: Historical Travel, Family Travel
  • Written September 2, 2007

Very nice older hotel!

• Helga67 profile photo Helga67
  • Reviews: 2612

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hampton Inn Boston Logan Airport

Hampton Inn Boston Logan Airport is located in Revere, a suburb north of Boston. It's about 10 minutes from Logan International Airport and is very convenient for a short stopover. I choose this hotel over one in downtown Boston because the prices are about half the price of what you'd have to pay for a downtown hotel.

It is no problem to get to Boston. The hotel offers free shuttles to the metro (T-station: Wood Island - blue line) from where it takes another 10 minutes to downtown Boston.

All rooms have data ports for internet access. We had a king studio. It was very spacious with 2 rooms: a kitchenette with eating/sitting room and a spacious bedroom with bathroom. Every room had TV with internet access and movie channel. We also had a gorgeous view over Boston.

The hotel has free parking space, a fitness room, indoor heated swimming pool, an ATM machine, free local calls, hot breakfast and 24-hours airport shuttle.

• Written February 21, 2007

our room

• lonestar_philomath profile photo lonestar_philomath
  • Reviews: 573

Boston Hotel: Royal Sonesta Collection

Excellent room over looking the Charles. Plasma Televison, high-speed wireless and internet and complementary newspapers. Clean, modern, convenient to both sides of the river.

Somesta has hotels in Boston, Miami, New Orleans. St. Maarten, Brazil, Peru, Egypt, Orlando

Views of the Charles River, Cambridge or Boston's stunning skyline
CD Clock Radio
Flat-screen plasma Television
In-room Movies
Video Games
Complimentary high-speed Internet access (WiFi and wired)
ISDN capabilities

• Nativenewyorker profile photo Nativenewyorker
  • Reviews: 4

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Cenerville Corners Motor Lodge: Worst Experience on Cape Cod

We stayed at here over Columbus Day, 2005. After a 7 hour commute due to traffic, we arrived exhausted at 11PM. There was a loud party going on in several rooms-people screaming, pouring beer off the terraces, etc. It continued until 3:30 AM! The management did nothing about it. We spoke to the office the next day, who said many other people also complained. They explained that the noise was from a wedding party (not disclosed when booked), and it wouldn't be a problem the next night. But next night was even worse. I called the office twice. Second time (around 11:30 PM), night manager said she was "working on them to quiet down." I had to call the police. They came - twice. The second time was 4 AM. Finally, the noise stopped.

On check-out, I asked that we be compensated for being disturbed & prevented from sleeping for 2 nights. The manager refused. In shock, we just left. This manager did not even offer an apology.

To add insult to injury, we went got home, I realized that I'd left my contact lenses in the bathroom. I called the motel and asked them to send them to me ASAP. The manager said, "Our policy is to send all pacackages standard COD." I said, "This is not a pair of socks - these are my contact lenses. Surely you can make an exception & send them overnight." She said she'd have to get an okay from the owner who was not there. Next day, I got a call from the relief mgr. who told me they decided to send my lenses overnight. I felt momentarily better until she added that it would stil be COD, and there would be an additional charge for overnight delivery.

I have traveled all over the world,and NEVER encountered such a situation. I will never stay at this place again.

Unfortunately, due to my horrible experience, all other amenities are cancelled out, due to the complete lack of concern on the part of the management for the safety and comfort of their guests.

• Written October 13, 2005

• Nativenewyorker profile photo Nativenewyorker
  • Reviews: 4

Marine Lodge Cottages: Dog-Friendly Accomodations

Our hosts, Stan and Diane, are beginning to feel like family - and that's just how they treat us. We searched for years for a place that would accept our large, German-Sheperd-mix dog, and were so relieved to finally find Marine Lodge.

This is a group of cottages, set away from traffic and noise, on beautifully landscaped grounds. There is a swimming pool, shuffle board court, tennis courts, and playground. The cottages are spotless and charming, ranging from one-bedroom, to a large guesthouse that can accomodate an extended family.

Beautiful grounds, dog-walking area, tennis court, swimming pool, shuffle board, playground.

• Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel, Beaches
  • Written November 28, 2004

• gcmm profile photo gcmm
  • Reviews: 153

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sandy Bay Motor Inn: great place to stay

We stumbled on this hotel one trip buy mistake, and now we stay there every time we go up to that area..
Sandy Bay Motor Inn is in the coast town of Rockport which borders Gloucester... It is only minutes away from downtown gloucester.....
It is a very clean comforatable hotel...
with different rooms up to double suites....
If you are in that area give the hotel a try i'm sure you will like it...

we have never once taken a picture of the hote in countless times staying there, so this is a picture from there web site...

indoor heated pool
jacuzzi tub and sauna
tennis courst and putting green
nearby golf
unique grounds and layout

• Written May 14, 2004

broucher picture

• tompt profile photo tompt
  • Reviews: 2523

Cold Spring Motel & Guest...

Cold Spring Motel & Guest Suites
Price Range: 79.00 - 149.00 US Dollar

Nice clean and spacy rooms. In summer season there is a free continental breakfast.It is really good with not only coffee and donuts, but also tea, orangejuice and all kinds of sweet pastries.

• Opinion of Price:
  • Written September 12, 2002
Tip Photo

• talulahrz profile photo talulahrz
  • Reviews: 25

the BEST hotel in all of...

the BEST hotel in all of Boston is definitely the Omni. It's so gorgeous, the people are friendly, the food is AMAZING! The bar is wonderful, and the beds are a dream. You're right in the center of Boston and everything is within a mile.

• reon80 profile photo reon80
  • Reviews: 197

Howard Johnson's Bayside: Howard Johnson's Bayside

$80--we found this online

This place was a very good value. We payed $80/night for a room for the 5 of us, so it's best if you have a lot of people to share. It is admittedly in a bad part of town, but it has free transportation to and from the airport and free shuttles to and from the T (subway) station all day, as well as free (really good) breakfast. And it's right next door to a Dunkin Donuts, who can beat that:)

• SuVaHa profile photo SuVaHa
  • Reviews: 43
We had always sayed in my...

We had always sayed in my uncle's cottage. But I would stay in a bed and breakfast if I was traveling with someone special. Or is you have kids stay in a hotel. A single person should stay in a hostel.

• Opinion of Price: