Anchor-In Motel

Hotels.com Expedia.com Travelocity

More about Anchor-In Motel

A Precious Jewel on the Cape Cod Lodging Landscape

by TripAdvisor Member quindad

I was fortunate to experience Anchor In, for the first time, on Christmas Eve. This is a remarkable find. It`s located directly on Hyannis Harbor so the views are an added bonus here. My first impressions were enhanced by the beautifully decorated and lit interior corridors. The room itself was stunning, with great views, tasteful, elegant decor, provocative lighting, and an amazingly comfortable king bed. The amenity laden bath virtually sparkled and a trompe l`oeil window overlooking a beach added a whimsical touch. Maintenance, and housekeeping here cannot be surpassed. The alleged four star luxury chain hotels could learn a valuable lesson here. A dvd player, refrigerator, iron/ironing board, white terry cloth robes and continental breakfast are more touches that will make you feel pampered. I paid only $89 for all this. You will pay much more and receive far less than this at nearby lodging establishments.....most notably those on Route 28 in adjacent South Yarmouth. If you`re seeking superlative, waterfront lodging, gracious, friendly service, and an extremely fair tariff, this is where you need to be.

A great find - thanks to tripadvisor!!

by TripAdvisor Member LeighBCD

This lovely little motel is hidden away from the main streets of Hyannis and overlooks the sea. It is a motel with a B&B feel. I would never have found it had it not been for the recommendations on this site. My room was cosy and the beds so comfortable and the staff so welcoming. For a winter stay in Cape Cod that won't break the budget, this hotel can be thoroughly recommended.

Great for Nantucket ferry

by TripAdvisor Member ancientmackem

Stayed one night in early spring with snow on the ground - so no chance to try outdoor pool overlooking harbour.

Comfortable room (in our case suite allowing two bedrooms). Free continental breakfast included fresh fruit, as well as bagles and muffins.

Good value for money in March 2006.

Some location!

by TripAdvisor Member Fleuriex

Stayed for three nights late April. The staff could not have been more helpful, even down to franking my postcards and adding the cost to the bill. Clean, spacious rooms, fantastic view of the harbour, help in pointing me to good places to eat and visit. Yummy fresh cinnamon muffins ( I might have to move to the States for these!!) and huge bowl of fresh fruit and morning papers all as complimentary. I couldn't have asked for more.

The Anchor In is Ideal!

by TripAdvisor Member barkyspice

We've just returned from a weekend in Hyannis. Before leaving I did a lot of research about the hotels. I liked the looks of the Anchor In right away, but when I read all the positive reviews on this forum I was convinced it was the right choice. Well, my research paid off because the Anchor In was everything and more than I expected! First of all the location is awesome! You can walk to the docks as well as downtown Hyannis. It's very convenient, yet quiet and isolated from the commotion of people and cars. The views from the rooms are fantastic! We stayed in the newly renovated East wing and the rooms are beautiful as well as very clean! The king bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in. I loved the shower too! The water was hot and the pressure was great! All of the staff members were very nice from front desk to housekeeping. I just can't say enough about the Anchor In. If and when I return to Cape Cod I would certainly choose the Anchor In again. You can't go wrong! I have traveled all over the world and I have high expectations for my accomodations. I was very, very pleased with the Anchor In and would highly recommend it to anyone who plans to stay in Hyannis.

Great Place for Mom's 80th Birthday Celebration

My whole extended family stayed at the Anchor In last weekend. We had searched extensively for somewhere not too far a drive for people living in NH, MA, NY and NJ. and used Trip Advisor reviews to rule many places out. We settled on Anchor In almost a year in advance, before they had even set their rates for this year, and everything worked out great.

The rooms and views looked just like their pictures on the web. Our group stayed in 8 of the rennovated rooms in the East Wing, 7 deluxe rooms and one executive room for my mother, who was celebrating her 80th birthday. All the rooms were very clean and comfortable. We especially liked it that they provided robes--one less thing to pack.

The executive room was great--big enough for all of us to congregate in, and with a balcony on two sides.

The staff were very helpful in giving us suggestions for restaurants and a bakery for a birthday cake, and provided discount coupons for a boat ride we took on the harbor, and printed directions to Craigville Beach and directions for a jogging trail when my son asked about one.

I've heard the crowds are pretty bad on the Cape in the summer, but the Anchor In was a great place to be in mid-May and probably would be a good destination at other off-season times, such as the early fall.

Fabulous!!!

My family & I stayed at the Anchor In for 2 nights in May. The hotel was fabulous, the staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms were beautifully decorated and clean, everything was just perfect.

Although the weather was awful, i would definately stay here again!!

by TripAdvisor Member DM123

We stayed in the recently renovated east wing which was excellent. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated. The balcony was sunny from mid morning onwards and had nice views over the harbour. The staff were very helpful. Continental breakfast is included and was very good.

The hotel is within easy walking distance of Main St and the ferry terminals.

Outstanding!

by TripAdvisor Member jbrskw

Very Nice! Incredible location, great views, fabulous staff. We stayed at the Anchor Inn based to a large degree on Trip Advisor recommendations and were not disappointed. Walk to dockside restaurants (Spanky's was our favorite) and to the ferry service to Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. The staff is so friendly and helpful you think you are in Ireland. Truly outstanding.

Beyond our expectations!

We were so pleasantly surprised to find that this inn was all that it advertised itself to be, and more. What you see on the website is what you get . . . . immaculately clean, well cared-for, great location with beautiful views. What you can't see, but you will find when you arrive, is that the staff is extremely helpful and the service is detail oriented. We will definitely stay here again.

Comments