3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

1225 Iyanough Road, Route 132 & Bearse's Way, Hyannis, Massachusetts, 02601, United States

Booking.com Travelocity Tingo.com

Costs 84% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• Worse Place on Cape Cod

DO NOT waste your money staying here. The management and ownership are very rude. This place is extremely overpriced. Please look else where. If you stay here you will regret it. There are many places on Cape Cod that are friendlier, and not as difficult to get along with. Remember, you get what you pay for.

Unique Quality: Rude Service, non caring management, and staff

• Andre98's Profile Photo

Pricey but nice.

The Cape Codder is best for families. The grounds allow for kids to run and play, there's a beach vollyball court, tennis court, and the indoor wave pool is the big draw. Beyond that the $189 seemed to be there for riff-raff prevention. It is a sprawling two story motel, and you can go from the lobby to every wing of the joint without going outside, but you had better pack a lunch. The air conditioning will freeze you out, so keep it low or off at night.

The good news is that after check-in, you do not need to visit the lobby again. You can drive around to your section and if your room is on the ground floor, you can enter and exit directly from sliding glass door. Some folks had their lawn chairs right outside their glass doors watching the kiddies play. The room rate is actually not unusual for Cape Cod in July, but yowsa, a week there put a hurting on our bank account. The cheaper joints are small time no name joints, and unless you scout them out, you might get some sub par digs.

Two nice restaurants are in the Cape Codder resort, but you may want to go sample more adventurous fare down on Main St. where you can watch people stroll by as the watch you.

Unique Quality: They rave about the wave pool, and the ladies may want to take advantage of the Spa, but that does come at an extra cost. Good luck finding a working ice machine without a divining rod. The AC outlets are oddly placed in the room, and they had not perfected their wireless internet access in July '04, so you had to go to the lobby to be linked to the web.

More about Cape Codder Resort & Spa

cape codder resort was great

i stayed at the cape codder resort a month ago with my 2 children and my friend and her daughter. We stayed on a thursday nite and we had great fun. the pool was great and not crowded at all. I think it was best to stay during the week because when we checked out on friday, we overheard that they were 90% booked for the weekend. We also received 2 vouchers for $10 each towards our dinner and the food was excellent. we also were able to use free drink or dessert coupons available on the hearth & kettle web site. i would definitely recommend this hotel but just make sure you go during the week to insure that you can utilize the hotel without to much of a wait.

Cape Codder- Pay extra to escape a lousy time early

We visit the Cape regularly, and the Cape Codder Resort and Spa will remain in our memories as the worst place we've stayed. We were drawn by the wave pool and thought that would occupy most of our time, but the pool area was small in comparison to the size of the hotel, and the only seating by the pool was cheap plastic lawn chairs placed near geyser holes in the floor that randomly shoot water. We had no where to place our belongings and the towels we brought from our room were stolen by someone else because there were no more towels available. I was yelled at by 17 year old lifeguards for lingering near the bottom of the slide while waiting for my 5 year old son to come down in case he needed help swimming out. My 4 and 2 year old could not even go near the slides because they would need assisance from me that I was not allowed to give. So, since the kids were bored after about a half an hour of this, we decided not to stay a second night and knew we would still have to pay for the night. However, upon looking at my credit card bill, they charged us for 3 nights, apparently our penalty for leaving early. The staff is rude and uncooperative, the "game room" is smaller than my closet with broken arcade games, the pool area gave me a migraine and the kids some kind of rash, the internet system in the room was useless, and the marshmallow roast was a rip-off. A day and a half of this can all be yours for $480.00! There are enough other places on the Cape with so much more to offer than this place.

"Summer Resident" vs. "Cape Codder"

by witchdocktor

Please, please, do not call yourself a Cape Codder or a local if you only spend a short period of time here during the Summer. Until you have spent several (at least) Winters on the Cape you are still nothing but a glorified tourist to us even if you own a house here. Our property taxes are sky-high because of the houses that dot the beaches that remain empty during the colder months of the year. The lack of affordable housing, cuts in local education funds and sheer winter boredom do not warm up true Cape Codders to those that pretend to be one of us. Trust me, we know if you're for real. Ever hear of "6Degrees of Kevin Bacon"? You can play that game here with any Cape Codder to any Cape Codder... minus three degrees. We know. We are very proud of who we are and the trials and tribulations we have to go through. A Summer home does not equate to being one of us. Sorry.

Best Resort Ever!!!!!

Our stay at the Cape Codder was the best ever!! My room was extremely clean and quiet, with a view of their beautifully landscaped courtyard.
We found the Restaurants to be excellent as well - Great Service - Great Food!! The Wave Pool was what attracted me to the hotel at first, and we found it to be more than we expected!! My little ones played at the edge of pool (set up like a beach) while my older child splashed around in the waves. They did NOT want to leave that pool! My husband got a wonderful, relaxing massage at the Spa. What really made our stay worthwhile was the excellent staff at the Cape Codder. Making reservations was a breeze, the Front Desk staff was the best I've ever seen - Pool staff was awesome with the kids - Even housekeeping cleaned our room immaculately!

Please take my advice and visit the Cape Codder Resort.....

Great Place to Stay!

My husband and I and our two children, ages 12 and 16, spent 11 days at the Cape Codder Resort & Spa in August, 2003. The Cape Codder was excellent! All of us loved the wave pool -- especially the slides! The food was outstanding -- you must have the raspberry pancakes at the Hearth & Kettle. We also ate at V.J.'s twice...it's definitely a 4-star restaurant. The chef provides you with a special treat on the house, which was outstanding both times! The rooms were very comfortable and service was excellent. My only small complaint was that the room suffered a bit from humidity. However, it's a small complaint. Overall, the Cape Codder was TERRIFIC, and everyone in our family enjoyed it.
It's also well-situated...a couple of minutes from downtown Hyannis, and the ferries to Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. Plus, it's just a couple of minutes from the jet-powered boat that takes you whale-watching (the best whale-watching trip we've ever been on).
Management was also excellent! Overall, a great place to stay!

really enjoyed it

Just got back after spending a mini vacation at the Cape Codder. We went for the wave pool and my 2 kids ages 5 and 9 really enjoyed the pool and didnt want to get out . In fact we went to Boston afterwards and they didnt even want to go into that hotel's pool- said it was boring! It was noisy and crowded we went during presidents week. The rooms were nice and the Hearth and Kettle was a good convenient restaurant to eat in. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Great place to be a kid

by TripAdvisor Member ladyintravel

Well I must say that upon my arrival after reading the prior reviews i was a bit optomistic about go through with my stay, prior to my arrival I received my conformation letter in which i pondered the thought of having it reviewed by an attorney due to the amount of restrictions.
But to my amazement It worked out fine, check in went smoothly our room was pretty much basic we had upgraded to the cape codder king, the pool was very crowded and yes there is def. limited seating which was a hassle, the $5 a bag marshmellow's dropped to $4.75 which my son fully enjoyed. Maid service was exceptional, on the other hand I don't mind paying for room service by you def. get taken here there is a $7.50 del. fee along with an 18% tax and grat. so we opted to do pick up which was a total mess ordered one thing (keeping in mind no children menu in room) and received a totally different array of food for the first night snack, second night we received what we had ordered that was the main course but they left out several items including get this silverware one of many. But overall I must say it was great for the kids not your average 4 or 5 star if thats what you are used to but thats not what you are there for anyways..

Not Totally the Worst, But sure NOt the Best

I can't say that I loved the place cause it really wasn't that good.
But it wasn't the worst place that I've ever stayed in either. I felt that for the price and for how it is advertised it should have been A LOT better than what it was. The hallways and the room were on the humid-side. And there is a lot of "noise" in the hallways. I wouldn't have even thought to get a spa treatment there because of all the "common traffic" that goes thru that area on the way to the pool area.
There were rarely enough towels avail. in the pool area. Some of the toilets in the ladies locker room were stopped up. And there wasn't enough chairs inside the pool/slide area. The food & drink prices were "pricey" for what they offered.(But there are plenty of places to eat not far away from the hotel.) And the service was either slow &/or practically non-existant. I'm really glad that we didn't have a room on the first floor any place in the hotel, because it doesn't seem as though those rooms get very much privacy or peace & quiet. The kids had a fun time in the wave pool & on the slides. But that only occupied them for so long before they got bored. Also, there were (unsupervised) children in the "Adult's only" workout room. Besides the pool area, there wasn't much for the kids to do. There was a "one-man band" by the name of Gypsie (I think it was), he was personable enough & the younger children enjoyed him (as did some of the adults). The campfire/marshmellow roast is a RIPOFF!!! $5.00 for a bag of marshmellows and a stick!!! However, there are some nice beaches down the road a ways that you can go to, if you want to pay big dollars to park at, so get there early & plan on staying for the day to get your money's worth. All & all, we did have a good time and I can't say for sure that I would or wouldn't stay here again-I guess it would depend on who I was going with & who was paying for it!

Comments