Days Inn - Hyannis

867 Iyannough Road, US 6 & Route 132, Hyannis, Massachusetts, 02601, United States
Days Inn Hyannis
Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

More about Days Inn - Hyannis

First time in Cape Cod; Recommend the Days Inn

by TripAdvisor Member RayKat

We were overwhelmed at decision of where to stay on first trip to Cape Cod. After reading reviews, we decided on the Days Inn, Hyannis, and glad we did. Not a resort, but very clean, quiet, comfortable, affordable, and everying you need. Also, the location was great; it was a short easy drive to downtown Hyannis dining, shopping, harbor cruises, and beaches. Also easy to reach scenic route 6A to explore other towns on the Cape. The Days Inn is next to a modern mall, with a Macys and CVS, so you walk over and pick up whatever you need. Even with the mall nearby, it is still a quiet hotel. The staff at the Days Inn was exceptional; they were friendly, down-to-earth, and helpful. We asked them for advice on site-seeing, driving, dining, boat cruises, & train trips. They never hesitated to draw a detail map and offer the best advice--all with a smile! Be sure to try Tugboat's and Spanky's for great lobster rolls and seafood.

School Vacation Get-A-Way for a Night

I took my daughters here for one night over school vacation to have a little get-a-way. Everything was fine especially considering the price ($69.00). However, the pool was why we went and I should have taken a better look at the picture. The low-end is virtually non-existent as the hot tub takes up part of the area. So, if your children want to swim in the low-end of the pool this is not the hotel for you. My girls are too little for the deep-end and had little room to play. I will say the staff was extremely friendly and the free continental breakfast was fun for the kids (powdered donuts and juice machine) but I would choose another hotel next time just because of the pool.

Two wrong numbers in one night

My Sister and I did a girls weekend on Cape Cod. I frequent Cape Cod but have just stayed at a relatives home. When my sister suggested to stay at the Days Inn in Hyannis, I said sure. The room was an average hotel room. Just to sleep there. Well, my sister and I were awaken at 2 a.m. to a phone call. The male voice said that we ordered a cab which we didn't. He clearly got the wrong number. My sister and I got barely any sleep after that. Then at around 7:15 a.m. the phone rings again and the caller (male again) automatically said he had the wrong number. My sister and I were quite outraged with not one but two phone calls. It was Quite Unnerving!! The person at the desk was told about what happened from the overnight person. Over the years of staying in other hotels, there have been also slamming doors by rude guests and the fire alarm going off. I expect better that what I've gotten.

Good value

by TripAdvisor Member Midland Corkman

We spend 3 days here and were happy with what we got although the room was a little weary and needed a facelift.
Facilities were good - breakfast was included - fridge in the room - and the pool was fine. Obviously its not 5 star but price wise it does help when you are 10-14 days on vacation and need to spread the costs a little.
The pool was important for us and we were happy with it - there was a lifeguard on duty and the pool did not really have a deep end.
Location in Hyannis is good ( in fact its next door to a large mall) and the staff were friendly.

Great value for money Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Markmacfan

We stayed here on three occasions in the past two years and have always been pleased with our stay. The staff are very friendly and helpful (particularily Richard and Christopher on the front desk). The room was large, well presented and very clean (thanks Dilma!). Complementary breakfast is good, free newspapers and Coffee at reception 24/7. Good location right next to mall, with a number of nearby restaurants. A short drive into Hyannis and easy access to other Cape Cod locations. I would strongly recommend this hotel if visiting Hyannis. The staff are friendly and informative and will help with directions to local attractions, and even helped us to find a hotel in Salem.
We would definately stay again if we return to the Cape.

Filthy and out-of-date

by TripAdvisor Member simonp820

I stayed here for one night in September, 2006 - I knew it was a 'budget' hotel (not a lot else in the area) but the room smelt strange, the drapes were stained, the carpet was dirty, the bathroom was small, the sink was in the bedroom, the TV was 30+years old, the breakfast was rubbish...

Good points - free Internet, staff seemed friendly, cheap (and nasty).

After a previous visit to a Days Inn in Montreal I was pleasantly suprised; this visit has put me off for life.

Nice, basic place to stay!

by TripAdvisor Member irisell

Stayed at this property oct 6-9 2006. This is not a lavish place so if that is what you want then this is not for you. However, it was clean the staff was very nice and it is in a great location. If you are looking for a place to stay that is budget minded but also very nice then this is for you.

Little gem!

by TripAdvisor Member pickupapenguin

Stayed here for 4 nights as part of a 7 week coast to coast trip. Booked because of good reviews on trip advisor. This was one of the best places we stayed, and also one of the cheapest. Great value for money. Hyannis was a good central location to explore the cod, and the most lively/commercialised area that we saw in the cape. This was good because it meant that there were plenty of shops and restaurants nearby. The hotel itself is on the main road, it is quite old but is very clean, I don't know what that previous reviewer was on about. The rooms were big & fairly basic. The TV sets are from the 1960's and look out of place as the rest of the decor has been updated, but it's actually quite cool to see that they work well and have cable! The free breakfast is above average compared to other places we stayed. Desk staff were very friendly and helpful. We had to change rooms after we arrived and that was no problem. There's a great Italian restaurant on the main road about 2 miles from the hotel towards provincetown, can't remember the name but it's the only Italian we saw, they have live music! Highly recommend that as well!

Happy in Hyannis

by TripAdvisor Member wayfarer-7

You know how some people and places make you feel like you have known them forever? That is how my sister and I felt about the Days Inn in Hyannis, Massachusetts. We were in the area on busiiness, and from the white-shirted gentlemen at the front desk to the young woman at the complimentary breakfast bar, everyone there was interested in our comfort.

The staff was respectful of privacy, yet interested in getting whas we needed or providing directions or information . The hotel, reasonably priced, is near the Cape Cod Mall and other shopping areas, but there was privacy and quiet. The indoor pool and hot tub were accessible and a perfect way to unwind in the evening. There is also an outdoor pool in season. Rooms are spacious and clean, and I cannot see any reason to stay anywhere else. It's a deal.

Good for an overnight

by TripAdvisor Member kayadento

This place was very clean, the staff very pleasant, and the location perfect. It is a good place to stay only if you do not plan to spend much time there. The room is a basic, ordinary hotel room. We had plans each night and were bored if we stayed "in".
Great if you are going to the Melody Tent or out to eat.

Comments