Hyannis Harbor Hotel

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 64% more and rated 15% lower than other 3 star hotels

More about Hyannis Harbor Hotel

Hyannis Harbour Hotel

Had a reservation 3 months in advance at the Hyannis Harbor Hotel in Hyannis. I chose this hotel because it had a jacuzzi in the room and was right across from the ferry to Marthas Vineyard. It was my honeymoon. When we arrived we were told that the hotel had overbooked and they had given our room to someone else. After driving for 4 hours we were not very happy at all and could not understand how this could have happened because we reserved the room months in advance. We were told that the hotel had booked us at another hotel which was located in West Yarmouth. At this point, we had no other choice but to drive to the other hotel, which was bout 15 minutes away. The hotel is called Green Harbor on the Ocean and was just beautiful. It was a happy ending

Perfect location and friendly staff!

I stayed at the Hyannis Harbor Hotel on my way out to Martha's Vineyard. The front desk agents were very nice, check-in was smooth, our room was great (we had a water view) and our rate was really reasonable. Although my stay was quick, my experience was very good. I will stay there again if I am in the area. I wasn't able to visit the local beaches or stores, but I heard they were within walking distance. I did get to hop into the pool and it was very enjoyable. Overall this was a great place to stay!

Filthy, Filthy, Filthy

Anyone who could stay at this hotel and say it was not bad must have really really low expectations. Our non-smoking room smelled like a dozen old dirty ashtrays. When we complained they said your room is a non smoking room it shouldn't smell like cigarettes. They offered to spray it that was our accomodation. When we asked to speak to the manager they said the manager would not be in until 7:oo Am the next morning, (Convenient) we were only staying one night. When we went back to the room it was tiny, it could only fit one night stand. There were hairs on the sheets. The dresser had some clear slimy film on it I don't even want to know what that was. The only lamp in the room was physically broken hanging bent. Unfortunately I think they will still be able to book rooms at this hotel because of it's location. I wish I had seen this website first. The next morning we went down at 7:15 AM to see the manager. Suprise... No manager. The breakfast was pathetic and depressing. I went to Dunkin Donuts. Oh and I took my own sweat shirt to cover my pillow with and slept on my beach towel. I would have been happier in my car. I e-mailed them one last time to complain. No Response. SLeep in your car it's cleaner.

Warning !!! Make Sure Before You Get There They Have A Room For You

Ok well after a day of biking to martha's vineyard, pretty tired and we just wanted to go to our prepaid and RESERVED room and relax a bit. We arrived at the hotel at about 7:30 pm, only to be told they were over booked and we didnt have our room we reserved and paid for in full. The manager ? Erin (Erin looked about 12 or 13) told us that she was sorry and she could not get in touch with the general manager, but there were no rooms and there was nothing that she could do. I asked for an immediate refund and she said she could not do that. She said she called the Ramada Inn down the street for us, (but when we got there the Ramada did not recieve any calls from them). It was not down the street, it was not near the harbor but, but we did end up staying at the Ramada, and btw, very nice, newly decorated rooms and a very friendly staff. I got a call the next morning from the General Manager of this hotel and he asked me @ 11:00 am what he could help me with, after a very frustrating evening, that was the last thing I needed to hear; almost 24 hours later seeing if he could try and make things right. Is this the way that the Newport Hotel group trains there staff? Probably one of the worst traveling experiences we have ever had...

Disgusting dining area

We have just returned from a two night stay at this hotel, and although the rooms were adequate, we were not warned that there was not a lift and we would have to carry our heavy cases up to the second floor. No help was offered. We were also disappointed that there was no facility for making a hot drink in our room. ( or evidence of the 'safe' or 'microwave' listed on the expedia internet site where we originally took our information from earlier in the year, when booking.) The breakfast area, which is a glorified tent, was dirty and uninviting. The choice of food for the complimentary breakfast was abysmal, and any food / drink that was there was uncovered for the flies to enjoy. There was litter lying arround on the tables and floor, and the staff both in the breakfast area and reception had never heard of 'service with a smile'. We would never recommend this hotel or return.

fleas, dirty pool, noisy and staff who knows little about the area

the title of my review says it all. the worst hotel/motel i have ever stayed at. regret that i wasted a precious long holiday weekend there. and of course, we checked out early and spent the remaining holiday in boston.

There's got to be somewhere better!

by TripAdvisor Member KBAJ

My husband and I just spent 5 nights here as he was attending a conference. I must admit that the location was very handy but there were so many other negatives!
As already mentioned here, the complimentary breakfast is a joke. There was absolutely NO ATTEMPT to keep the area clean during the morning serving hours. I saw flies and even ants on the serving bar. Coffee, creamer and sugar which had been spilt at sometime that morning, were never wiped up. The minimal (and dismal) selections to choose from were: coffee, orange juice (if you got there early enogh), plain store bought bagels, bread, coffee cake, and stale generic rice crispies. There was no coffee maker in the room.
Also, "The Admiral’s Room Restaurant and Bar" which according to their website is "located next to the outdoor pool at the hotel, and serves lunch and dinner and offers a diverse menu including lobster, fresh fish, steaks, sandwiches, burgers, and a kids’ menu" IS NOT OPEN this time of year!
Again, time of year, the hotel caters to over-night bus tours so there is always alot of noise getting these older folks and their baggage in and out of their rooms with the loud bus noise right outside. Do NOT get a room right next to the stair well, you'll hear every bag clunk on every stair as it is rolled down the stairs on it wheels as these people evidently can not carry their own bags and there is no elevator service for the second floor.
They do have an indoor pool but the water was murky, cloudy and cold most days and one wonders if the chemical levels were safe.
Again, I agree with many other reviews that the staff was mostly foreign and either didn't understand requests or could not do anything about them. However, we did have a friendly housekeeper who did her best to comply with our requests (we had to ask for kleenex for the room, more shampoo and soap)
I felt we had to stay here because of the conference, otherwise I would have definitly preferred one of the many beautiful B&Bs in the area.
This could be a great property but definitely needs new management.

A disappointment

We booked this hotel through Trailfinders in the UK and settled on the place because I did not have enough time to look around at the competition.

It was a great disappointment (2 day stay) even though we knew the review was mixed. It was very run down, dirty and noisy. The staff was indifferent. The cleaner did not shut the room's door properly after cleaning out the room. We were given the wrong breakfast venue.

Although the location was great (ferry to Nantucket & Martha's Vineyard opposite) and we had a good break in Cape Cod, I cannot recommend staying at this hotel. We should have heeded the poor reviews!

Worst Hotel on Cape Cod

This is by far the worst hotel I have been at on Cape Cod, and I have traveled to the Cape since I was a boy (over 35 years). I recently went for a one night get away with my wife and kids. I was told by reservations that we would have a room overlooking the pool. When we arrived I was told by the front desk that reservations are done by people in Rhode Island who should not promise particular rooms. The people at the front desk were absolutely no help in this matter and seemed like they could care less and that I was interrupting their downtime as they lay about the couches in the lobby.

The room was an even worse experience. It was dark musty and had mold. I immediately left without setting foot in the room. I politely asked for my money back and they said only the manager had that ability and would not be in until the following Monday. I called twice on Monday and left messages but he did not return my calls. This turned out to be a $117 mistake that I hope no one else makes.

very run down

We have just returned from a Tour of New England, TRAILFINDERS Glasgow had reccommended this Hotel in their brochure, we took one look at the room and made a quick escape, it was damp musty and smelled awful, I would not reccomend it to anyone,it spoiled our stay in Cape Cod.

Comments