International Inn home of Cuddle & Bubble

Satisfaction Terrible

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 22% less than similarly rated 2.5 star hotels

• Flea Bag Hotels

My wife and I had stayed there over 10 years ago and it was not in the greatest shape then, but we had a good time and figured that over the ensuing years there would be renovations done to the property. We thought we were being careful when we booked and asked about renovations. We were told that we would be staying in one of the rooms that had been redone within the last two years. When we arrived it was just it was 10 years previous: they had not cleaned the room or changed anything. What a s*#t hole! The rooms look like they were decorated by the producers of "The Jetsons" and "That 70's" show. There is a slightly sticky feeling to everything you touch and you never want your bare feet to touch any surface in the room. This is truely a case of someone that thinks they can just keep taking people's money and never reinvest anything into the property. I titled my review "Flea Bag Hotel" but that is really doing a disservice to fine flea bag hotels all over America.

Unique Quality: As much dirt as you can find on a farm.
    Great views of peeling wallpaper and furniture made out of cardboard.
    Sheet with holes in them.

• Gross

The room smelled like someone just left...like women's perfume.Usually hotels smell really clean, and they are bright and inviting...not this one. The head board was broken. The ceiling tiles were coming down. The wall paper above the bed was all peeled. It was smaller and much different than it looked online. Overall it felt dirty. When we complained to the front desk, the guy said there was nothing he could do and we had to wait for a manager(the next day). We stayed that night..to not be jerks about it. The next day we had to head home to take care of some family business and we weren't sure if we were going to come back for our 2nd night, so we packed up. It turned out we could go back..but locked our key in our room. When my husband went in to tell them, they wouldn't let us in the room! They took our money for the second night and refuse to refund us...when it was their fault we didn't stay!

Unique Quality: The staff was rude. They don't care about customer service.

• morochaargentina's Profile Photo

dirty and disgusting

My first question when we got there was : "What is your cancelation policy?" I am sure they get it a lot, because it was posted ALL over the place! The place is disgusting! It was so dirty, I was afraid I was going to get some kind of disease by just being there...
    Jacuzzy anyone? Not even crazy! You feel dirty just by looking at it!

I wouldn't recomed this place to my worst enemy... OH! and by the way, the first 2 rooms that we looked... they didn't even have a jacuzzy! (unless you call a "jacuzzy" to the regular tub in your bathroom...)

You look at the web site and it looks OK... when you get there... It's a complete deception... It was $50 a night, and I felt I was being robbed!!!

Unique Quality: none, don't go there!

• Jacuzzi anyone?

Unique Quality: Every single room in the hotel has a jaccuzi, need I say more? Rooms start with a basic V.I.P. room that has a hot tub for two all the way up to the Plaza suite with a jacuzzi for six.

The prices are rather cheap when the packages are considerd as well as the quality of room you are getting.

The place is known as the Cuddles and Bubbles but don't let the nickname or the website worry you families... plenty of people do bring their kids here.

The hotel is less than a 10 minute walk to several beaches.

Directions: west end of Main Street

More about International Inn home of Cuddle & Bubble

Yuk!

My husband and I stayed at the International Inn on March 19 2005. We were very excited to see how beautiful it looked on line. We were very dissapointed when we arrived. The hotel looked very run down. We reserved the Waldorf Suite. With the meal it was a little over $300.00 per night. I can't believe they could charge this much money for a place like this! The whole hall and room spelled like nicotine, the carpets were all stained and needed repair. Every window had white filth all over it. You could hardly see outside. The faucet in the bathroom was wiggly and ready to fall off, and the jacuzzi had cracks around it that needed to be caulked. There was also mold on the bathroom ceiling..very grose!!! The really only good thing about the place is the dinner. There is no pool, no entertainment...nothing! You could go somewhere so much better and cleaner for that kind of money!

Honeymoon 2005

by TripAdvisor Member CMminera

We went to the International Inn and Spa in Hyannis, MA. We had been very split about going there for our honeymoon. We had received both good and bad reviews. Well we decided to give it a try because it is billed "Cuddles and Bubbles", the honeymoon spot on Cape Cod. We went and tried to check in fifteen minutes before check in and were told we could not do that, so we kind of wondered around for about a half an hour and came back for check in. This part was nice because they have a cute Main Street area right there with a lot of great shops. The room was nothing like they describe it, and the entire place is way overpriced. Outside leaves little to be desired, and the best part of the room was the hot tub but like I said nothing to be excited about. We thought we were to get wonderful service and a beatiful room and it was nothing but. The service at the hotel was something else, and it's very difficult to get into the restaurant. Overall the place was not worth the price.

So relaxing and so romantic

I started going to the hotel in feb 2005 since then I have been back 3 times! I love it! My fiance' and I love getting away for a night to cuddle in the jacuzzi and order room service with a few mixed drinks. The food and drinks taste great! They even give you a souviner glass with the mixed drink to remember your night!! I have stayed in the victorian and the princess Jr suite but I have also seen the waldorf, regency, and vip room and I would have to say the princess Jr was the best because the jacuzzi was right next to the bed! The outside of the hotel looks disappointing but don't let that fool you the part that counts, the inside, is beautiful! The staff is very lovely! Always smiling always ready to serve! I would recommend this hotel to everyone! I love it so much I am due back in 6 days! Anyone that complains about this hotel should just stay home!It is better than any hotel I have stayed at in the city! The Park Plaza hotel in Boston has nothing on this place! Check it out you'll be glad you did!

A Very Pleasant Visit!

We saw an advertisement fot a 3 night getaway package, and booked it. After reading some of the previous guests' reviews, we were not sure what to expect. To our great surprise, we very much enjoyed our stay--from check in to check out! The staff always greeted us with a smile and seemed intent on answering our questions fully and quickly. All the "perks" incidental to our stay actually existed--and were more than token gifts. The attached restaurant provided wonderful meals--great tasting at a great price. Our room was tidy, with no filth or odd aromas. About the only negative comment is that the decor is a bit dated--but that is hardly outrageous. The location is wonderful--convenient to the "strip" in Hyannis, and so close to so many of the attractions the Cape Cod area is famous for. All in all, we had a great time--and are already planning a return trip soon!

The real scoop on Cuddle & Bubble. Go for the Crowne Victorian.

I read the other reviews carefully before booking. I chose the Crowne Victorian room as I'd read that these were re-done recently, and the staff over the phone confirmed the recent renovations. (We wanted to be able to watch the TV from our hot tub, which left us with two options: the Princess Jr. Suite or the Crowne Victorian.) When I booked originally we did it for 2 nights and the woman was very nice.

I later called to see if I could change it to a package deal as I noticed online there was a new special advertised. As it turned out we were booked for the wrong room, so it's a good thing I called! They allowed me to change the reservations from the room only to a package deal--which got us dinner and breaksfast AND was about $3 cheaper. We paid ~$330 when all was said and done for 2 nights in a really good room. (During housecleaning midday, we saw lots of empty rooms with the door open and they were not even remotely as nice! Lots of the rooms are just standard motel-6 rooms with nice bathrooms and hottubs).

The room: NOT dirty. I saw a little dust on the baseboard in the bathroom only when I looked for it. That's about it. The bed, floors, etc. were spotless. The hottub was entirely clean--no hair, oil, etc. I saw no mold anywhere. The rooms, aside from the hottub, are cheaply done, no doubt, but they looked okay. The dresser drawers and closet doors were rickety and we had to fight with them a bit. The door to the bathroom didn't close or open easily. There was a tiny bit of peeling wallpaper (can imagine with all the humidity this is common). This is not the Ritz Cartlon, folks! But, then, we did not go there for the decor.

The hottub: bigger than I thought, red, very clean. Good fun.

The bed: AWFUL. Felt springs our my backs, hardly slept.

The shower: Two heads, marble, big deal. It felt like a posh locker room.

The food: mediocre but it was free on our buy-one-get-one-free deal. Breakfast is a buffet. Nothing special. Fresh watermelon, canned peaches, eggs, pancakes, etc. Dinner service was not great. The entrees were not bad, the sides were fresh. Eat there ONLY if it comes with the package.

The bar: fun bartenders. Saw a cockroach on the floor.

WHAT YOU REALLY SHOULD DO WHILE THERE: go 2 doors down to The Brazilian Grill. OMG, it was so good!!! $20 gets you "BBQ" which is really all-you-can-eat-meat, plus an incredible buffet. There is authentic Brazilian food as well as some standards. Also, the wine is great. Get a glass of tempranillo or a caipirinha. (Just, er, enjoy the hottub and good company before you go--you won't be able to move after this meal!)

Smoke and Bubbles

The biggest waste of $$$ for any hotel i've ever paid for. Our non-smoking room was smokey and smelled aweful. Our door was obstructed by a fold-away bed, and the tv was broken. Also, the noise from the neighbors whirlpool could have annoyed a frat house all night (and i'm 24 years old). Now don't get me wrong. I wasn't there to sleep and watch tv all night, but I felt like I should have been paying hourly for the type of room I was given. I am not one to complain about things. But, I was so disgusted and embarrassed to have taken my girlfriend there for our 4 year anniversary, that I spoke to management, and emailed the hotel twice, and not once did i get any kind of response. If you have any class, or you are looking for a romantic getaway with someone special, this is not the place for you.

worth a 3hr drive

by TripAdvisor Member ckconnor1963

Just spent 2 nights mid week in their best suite with dinner for two 1 night and a bottle of champaine for $199.00,,they have regular rooms starting at $99 w/ smaller jacuzzi for 2 nights..midweek,weekend a little more, think its a winter special,,and don't forget the free dinner,worth at least $40-$50,,$5 extra for lazy mans lobstah.
Overall the facility was in good condition inside and was extremely clean. Getting the best suite was worth it,victrian decor, 60" tv and another 26",maybe 600-700 sqft,large liv rm w/ couch,table chirs and wet bar w/ fridge, large bedroom and huge bath room with a 5'x7' jacuzzi, w/ two small bottles of bubble bath.
The food was very good. Ate there for breakfast buffet one morning and had a dinner special the 2nd night for under $20 for a combination platter for two, maybe 12 to chose from,enough to feed four.excellent service . I am very picky and had only one thing which we asked for,,I'm a light sleeper and you could hear people walking faintly in the above room occasionally (nothing that bad). I mentioned it to the staff and they moved us to a second floor suite and gave us another free bottle of champaine and carried our luggage up while we went out for a drive.
All I know is that I was planning to go to the poconos for two nights for $600,all inclusive, went here and saved about $300 after the few meals we bought and shopping..We are in Ct,,about the same distance from poconos and he cape...definately worth the drive...Check their web page,,hope to get there again in the next month or two before the special expires..,,,do it for the wife or husband,,sure made mine happy!!

Comments