135 Main Street, Lenox, Massachusetts, 01240, United States
Orbitz.com Travelocity Official Site

More about Garden Gables Inn

Simply delicious stay at the Garden Gables Inn

by TripAdvisor Member travellover079

A gorgeous Inn in the center of Town. The place was immaculate and tastefully decorated. The breakfast was delicious and sumptuous. The bed was very comfortable.We loved it! The only problem I would foresee is that if you want complete quiet, if people were talking in the hallways, you would probably hear them. We stayed there with very considerate people who did not chat in the halls.

Garden Gables Inn is a perfect weekend getaway in the Berkshires

by TripAdvisor Member mooneyming

My family and I recently spent a weekend at the Garden Gables and were pleasantly surprised at how wonderful it was. We stayed in the Hilltop Orchards Sweet which is absolutely beautful and worked out perfect for our needs. We had 6 adults all staying together in the suite (2 bedrooms with queen and 2 double beds and living room with king pullout couch). The bedrooms were super cute and had a nice clean bathroom, plenty of closet and drawer space. Living room has refrigerator, bar, flat screen tv, fireplace, lovely leather furniture etc. It was a bit small for the 6 of us, but 2 couples would fit just perfect here. The room came with complimentary breakfast that was served in an elegant dining room with tons of healthy and delicious options. The staff was very nice, especially Kelly our waitress in the mornings.

Overall I give it an A+, great romantic getaway or weekend with friends!

wonderfully inviting B & B

by TripAdvisor Member shay9179

My huband and I recently stayed at the Garden Gables Inn on a road trip through New England. We were there 2 nights and it was one of the highlights of the vacation.

The inn was very welcoming from the outside, the grounds beautiful and the guy who seemed to be running the place, Matt, was very helpful. There were cookies and fruit set out to munch on all day and sherry for those who enjoy it (we're not fans.) The breakfast was pretty good, nothing to write home about, but the service and cozy atmosphere made up for it.

We stayed in room 8, the smallest room. It was definitely cramped, but we spent so much time in the common areas and exploring the Berkshires, that it didn't matter much. The room was very clean and stocked with Aveda toiletries, the towels were nice and thick (and smelled good) and there was good storage space, despite the close quarters.

The Berkshires were beautiful and we would definitely stay here again!

Nice B&B

by TripAdvisor Member tamalePennsylvania

We chose the Garden Gables Inn for a quick (less than 48 hrs) summer escape from the city and to enjoy a concert at Tanglewood. The inn is nicely maintained and the grounds were very inviting. We had fun sitting and reading outside near the pool. The room itself was on the small side as advertised but definitely lived up to the "B&B" experience and met our expectations. Our room was the only one without an in-room bathroom (ours was down the hall), but we knew about it ahead of time and it was private and worked out fine. The lemonade and cookies were a nice touch. Breakfast was good. Location was great, easy to get to town and walk around. The only downside is that the structure lives up to its age and you can hear every squeak or noise from one part of the inn to the other. Which made the experience "less private" than one might like. The other note to make is that there were limited electrical outlets in our room which made it more difficult to charge our various electronics. We had fun and would recommend the Inn.

A Perfect Weekend

by TripAdvisor Member 98BMR

Once again my husband and I had a perfect weekend in Lenox, thanks in large part to our stay at Garden Gables. Room No 1 with its view over the spring blossoms and manicured lawns was a special treat. Guests reading or playing board games, enjoying a sherry in front of the fire, or sampling the freshly baked cookies took us back to the relaxed living of earlier times. We found the healthy extravagant breakfasts, the friendly and efficient service, and the overall civilized atmosphere of Garden Gables beyond compare.

A great weekend without the kids!

by TripAdvisor Member Remy11

My girlfriend and I planned a weekend away (from the kids, husbands) to relax, shop, go to dinner. We drove to the Berkshires because it was only a few hours from NYC. Right when we arrived at the inn we were instantly relaxed. Joe greeted us and offered us some fresh lemonade and cookies (just the thing after our drive from the city). We stayed in room 1 with twin beds, it was lovely with nice views of the gardens and grounds. We had scheduled massages at the inn before we came so that was first on our agenda. How wonderful - Jess, their massage therapist, was great!

We were able to walk across the street right into Lenox village and found lots of restaurants and shops, art galleries, etc. We loved the fact that we didn't have to get in the car again to eat or shop.

The beds were really comfortable, we almost overslept and missed the fabulous breakfast. It was way more than we had expected and we each ordered custom omelets in addition to the food we got from the buffet. After that we needed to get moving so we went to the owner's farm to hike. The apple trees were blossoming so it was really beautiful - a complete change of scenery from the city. There is a winery there so we tasted some wines (very nice) and relaxed on some Adirondack chairs. At this point we didn't want to leave, it was so peaceful.

We did also go to the Norman Rockwell Museum - don't miss this. The building and grounds are as stunning as the artwork.

The Garden Gables was the perfect choice for our girls weekend - beautiful decor, wonderful staff, delicious food. We had such a good time we felt guilty that our husbands did not come, next time we will try to get babysitters.

Another rave here

by TripAdvisor Member NJPM

We are normally not B&B fans, because too often they come with balky plumbing, no phone or TV, and minimal amenities. But the Garden Gables is a terrific hybrid. It has all the good parts of a B&B -- the homelike public rooms, the cookies and lemonade set out for guests all day, the abundant breakfasts, the perennial gardens, the four-poster beds, etc. -- but none of the drawbacks. We stayed in a room in a cottage building across from the main house, extremely comfortable and quiet, with a working fireplace (not that we lit it in July!), an in-room fridge, a flatscreen TV and free wireless internet. Oh, yeah, and the plumbing worked great. Out back is a huge swimming pool that looks to date from the 40s or 50s, but has been kept in perfect condition, where we spent a couple of lazy afternoons during our stay. The inn is across the street from the darling commercial center of town, so you can walk to shops, galleries, and a bunch of excellent restaurants. It's about a five-minute drive to Tanglewood. Despite its central location, it's quiet because set far back from the road on its large property. We didn't get to sample the dinner fare or the spa; maybe next summer when we return, as we plan to do.

Another rave review for Garden Gables

by TripAdvisor Member Mukki

My husband and I, and my brother and sister in law stayed at Garden Gables for three nights in late July 2008. I agree with the previous reviewer, i.e., we are not at all B&B fans and vowed that we would never stay in one in the Tanglewood area again, because we were tired of paying $250+ for awfully small rooms, terrible beds, inadequate air conditioning, and medicore breakfasts. However, while researching places to stay for this summer, I came upon Garden Gables and am I glad that I did. It is right in the center of town, but tucked away on its own nice plot of land. The house has an interesting history as well. The rooms are lovely, and there is a separate part of the inn that houses two suites. We stayed in the Furnace Brook Winery Suite (Room 10) and my brother and sister in law stayed in the main house in Room 9. Garden Gables is definitely a hybrid between a B&B and a country inn, as if you want to relax in the public areas, which are beautiful, you can, and if you don't, no one will bother you. The breakfast is delicious, with a different main item each morning, plus bacon, sausage, breads, muffins, cereals, yogurts and juices. The one bit of advice I would give is if you want bacon, get to breakfast early as that seemed to go the quickest. But the staff always was happy to get you more if you wanted. The tables in the dining room aren't too close together so there is just enough privacy for all. The Furnace Brook suite was perfect for us, there is a small living room with a beautiful desk and sofa which opens up into a single bed. The main bedroom is large with the best air conditioning around! I can't say enough about Garden Gables, including Cindy, Joe deMoncada, the innkeepers, and the owner John. They were so helpful and friendly. Oh, I should also add that housekeeping was terrific. The minute we came into to breakfast I know that housekeeping was despatched to our room, so that by the time we returned, beds were made and all was tidy! This is really efficient, as if you wanted to stay in the room for the morning you could and didnt' have to worry about delaying housekeeping. We truly did not want to leave. We look forward to returning next year and trying out the dinner, as well as some of the spa services. The pool was great, truly refreshing. The only negative is that the people who had reserved the suite above us (Hilltop Orchard Suite, Room 12) were terribly noisy and I had to ask them to please close the door to their suite. After they left and the new people had arrived I couldn't even hear them. I also think it would be nice if everyone who has reserved one of the Eladesor Cottage suites would park their cars in the main lot, not in the little driveway outside the cottage, as it mars the view a bit to walk out and see a car just in front of your door. Finally, I wonder if there is not a better location for the large dumpster (it is currently located just outside of the entrance to the Elasedor Cottage). However, these are minor complaints. We will be back -- we have found our place in the Berkshires!

A Home Away from Home, Only Better

by TripAdvisor Member PiggyMoi

I'm a single traveler, and I decided to try this B&B for 3 nights as a special treat. I was glad I did, because everything about it more than met my expectations. The place is well located, in the center of town but set back from the road. You can easily walk to everything in Lenox. My room, #6, was very comfortable, had a wonderful canopy bed, good lighting for reading, and a small but well-equipped bathroom. The hotel had wireless internet, which was a plus.

Inside, the inn is beautifully decorated and the furnishings and wallpaper are absolutely stunning. But it had a homey feeling and I enjoyed using the common rooms - they were very inviting.

Guest services include free sherry in the sitting room, and a pantry which is stocked with apple cider, ice water, coffee, apples, homemade chocolate chip cookies - you can help yourself to all of these all day. The staff are only too willing to arrange anything you might want or need. They are one of the inn's greatest assets.

Breakfast is marvelous - not only the many delicious offerings, like apple strudel French toast, but the service is marvelous too.

If you do visit Lenox, eat dinner at the Church St. Cafe - the food is incredible.

All in all, I really hated to leave!

Learning to play chess...

by TripAdvisor Member tinyspite

Only one night stay, can't wait to return! Played chess in front of a fire while sampling the complimentary sherry. What could be better? Brande & Dan are great, young hosts and wonderful chefs!

Comments