3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

58 Washington St, , MARBLEHEAD, MASSACHUSETTS 0194
Travelocity Booking.com Expedia.com

More about Marblehead

The harbor, eh?  (This view from Seaside Park)The harbor, eh? (This view from Seaside Park)

Castle RockCastle Rock

Lookout...Lookout...

You won't find a Mc Donald's here!You won't find a Mc Donald's here!

Travel Tips for Marblehead

Beautiful, Historic Town on the Water

by ForestqueenNYC

Bad news, at least for me. I think I have lost my second digital camera in less than six months. The first one was stolen in Paris. I am not sure what I did with the second one. Apparently I cannot be trusted with an expensive camera so I guess I will have to go back to those throw away things and scan in the photos as I did when I first joined VT.

At anyrate, there will be no pictures of this fabulous little town from me.

This is such a lovely little town that I went there twice and I will go again and as often as possible. In fact, if I could I would seriously consider renting a place here for 6 months or a year.

Aside from the beauty of the historic section, it is absolutely peaceful, that is to say that I felt so completely relaxed there sitting by the water listening to the little waves lapping against the rocks and then walking to the park that overlooked the harbor and sitting on a park bench watching the boats come and go, reading, and even napping on one of the benches.

The drive to Marblehead Historic part is also quite lovely. I am sure that there are some beautiful neighborhoods which ordinarily I would make a point to drive through.

Going through Salem on the way is quite nice as well. Salem looks like it might be an interesting and pretty city also. I will have to spend much more time there the next time I am in Boston.

Comments