487 Lowell Street, Methuen, Massachusetts, 01844, United States

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data
  • Do Not Go Here!

I booked this hotel after reading a random review which made it seem like a nice place. On the contrary, it is a shabby, poorly-run establishment on the side of a major street in a struggling town. The first indication I was in trouble was when I had to buzz the office door to get in. During the middle of the day. The "continental breakfast" is a pot of coffee in the office with a shaker of non-dairy creamer next to it. That's it, and that's all, folks. When I asked about the advertised Wi-Fi the owner gave me an ethernet cable to plug into my lab top from the phone outlet, and that didn't work.

The room itself had a small bed with sheets under the comforter that weren't actually put on the bed. There were two small, hard bars of soap in the bathroom, and two towels that could have doubled as bandannas on the rack in the wall. The room reeked of smoke and something else that was unidentifiable.

The hotel is smack-dab on a busy road with a liquor store, a package store, and a dunkin' donuts down the road about a quarter mile. This part of Methuen is not nice, quaint, or any of the other things mentioned in the review I read. Honestly, it was probably written by the owner. I was the only person dumb enough to stay at this place. There was not a single other soul to be found.

I actually left this place two days early because of the poor quality. The owner, by the way, refused to give me a refund for the days not spent there. The Passport Inn is clearly, clearly a place run only for profit without the smallest amount of effort given to making someone feel welcome or even sanitary while away on a trip.

Stay away.

Unique Quality: The most outstanding feature was the great view of the liquor store where I could see the Keno sign in the window.

Comments