3 Step Lane, Nantucket, Massachusetts, 02554, United States
AMOMA.com Expedia.com Travelocity

More about The Veranda House

A Wonderful Stay at The Veranda House!

by TripAdvisor Member fg294

This was our first experience at a guest house, and it was a wonderful one. We were very pleased with the accomodations, the service was superb, and the managment was attentive to every detail of our stay. The location of The Veranda House is within quick walking distance of Main Street and many of the town's attractions and excellent restaurants. We will visit again!

We loved the Veranda House

by TripAdvisor Member ErinML

My fiance and I decided to go to Nantucket for a long weekend with another couple. Despite the rainy weather, we had the most relaxing stay thanks to the hospitality and wonderful ammenities provided by The Veranda House. The recently remodled hotel is prefectly quaint but with top quality accomodations. From the comfortable beds, excellent showers, down to the little extras like FRESH bath products and twizzlers waiting for you on your bed from the turn down service. The hotel provides a delicious breakfast and tea at 4'o clock, which came in handy for us as we played scrabble every afternoon on the expansive deck that surrounds the hotel. After our visit we would never think to stay anywhere else. When visiting Nantucket do yourself a favor and treat yourself to a stay at The Veranda House!

The Perfect Getaway

by TripAdvisor Member ephette

The Veranda House is a fabulous bed and breakfast! It was exactly what we needed for a refreshing break from our hectic lives. The rooms are beautiful, the food was excellent and the staff was extremely attentive without being pushy. There is a wrap around porch that connects all the levels of the house, with a beautiful view of the ocean. It is a walking distance from the Steamship Ferry and all of the cute shops on the cobblestone streets. Nantucket isn't the easiest place to get to, but I would definitely go back to the Veranda House for a long weekend--it is the perfect getaway.

A view to remember!

by TripAdvisor Member pitbull212

With sweeping views of Nantucket harbor, right in the heat of the main town, the Veranda House had everything my wife and I were looking for! Close to the beach, close to the best restaurants. I have stayed in multiple places in Nantucket over the years and the Veranda House has the most history and the most luxury of any of them. The most romantic getaway for my wife and I. Highly, highly recommended.

worth every penny.....

by TripAdvisor Member trippinontravel

I've done a lot of traveling throughout my life staying in hotels, inns, etc. and i have to say, this was the hands down BEST overall experience I've ever had. This Veranda House is decorated in a simple, classy and current way (looks like a W Hotel) without compromising the old Nantucket charm that it is built and run on. The "million dollar view" is in fact priceless. You feel like you're waking up to the best of Nantucket - the ocean, the widow peaks, the sailboats, beaches, etc. Town is only steps away yet The Veranda House has a private feel. Breakfast is more than you could ask for, in portion and in taste. The staff is somehow both at your beckon call and invisible. Look no further, it truly is perfect!

Absolutely Amazing

Finding a place to stay when you have never visited a location before can be a very daunting task. I work for a first class hotel chain so I am quite spoiled when it comes to accomodations. Our hotel chain has nothing in Nantucket so I spent quite a bit of time researching online. Nothing is inexpensive, so if I was going to spend the money I wanted to be sure that my guests and I were going to have an amazing experience. At some point you have to simply take a leap, which we did with the Veranda House, and all I can tell you is that we were all utterly amazed at what an incredible experience we had at this exceptional place. The staff were perhaps the friendliest people I have ever met (and I live in Maui where people are pretty friendly), the rooms had spectacular views of the harbor and were impeccably appointed (with first class beds and bedding - a must for us), and the ambiance and the food were excellent. I read a review that likened the Veranda House to a W Hotel in Nantucket, and I would agree - it's as hip and comfortable as it probabaly gets. Enjoy!

Great stay

by TripAdvisor Member eriberri

We stayed at the Veranda House Aug 30th - Sept 2nd. It was our first on-season visit to Nantucket and we loved it! What a fabulous place! Expensive, but for the most part you get what you pay for. Overall I would give the Veranda House an 8 out of 10 and I'm pretty picky.
Pros -
Gorgeous room (#23) w/great tile shower and private veranda
AMAZING bed and bed linens
Fresh bath ammenities - very nice
beach tote and towels provided
turn down service, on-time and they left twizzlers :-)
tea & cookies in the afternoon
Great location
Nice outdoor space
Friendly student staff

Cons -
Old house, you hear everything (doors closing, people talking, etc.) - get a corner room on the 3rd floor
OK bath towels
Bath ammenities not replaced during 4 day stay - not acceptable!
Beach towels were stained and tote had a hole
Breakfast, not so great. The food was good, esp the french toast entree, but service (what service?!?) couldn't keep up. Dirty tables, no coffee mugs, no silverware, empty platters, etc. made breakfast more of a hassel than it was worth. We went out one morning...Not a big deal, just didn't fit with place or expectations.

We ate at Arno's, Fog Island Cafe, Provisions and Brotherhood of Theives. Like them all except for Brotherhood and that was a service and atmosphere issue, food was decent. Juice Bar ice cream is amazing.

Can't wait to go back!

Relaxing and Lovely

We discovered The Veranda House during a recent trip to Nantucket and enjoyed a lovely stay. Our room had a private veranda with amazing views. It was our favorite spot for wine and cheese at sunset and for breakfast and tea in the morning! Josh the manager was great and took care of recommending great restaurants and the hot new spots not to miss. We loved the linens and comfy feather bed and the bathrooms have great Italian tiled rain showers and nice bath amenities. One thing that Josh told us is that the hotel is housed in a very historic building dating to the 1600s. You do occasionally notice the noises found in an old structure, but we loved the character and charm and understated elegance. It is nicely paired with some lovely pieces of art by a local Nantucket artist. The hotel is just a short walk from the heart of town and the ferry which was really convenient. Choosing a room with a veranda was definitely well worth the extra $. We'll definitely be back for another stay.

Very comfortable...

by TripAdvisor Member Kelly1012

We stayed in room 1 - this is the worst room at the Inn, literally 8 steps from the reception desk! We were fine though - it was small...but for $165/night we were happy. The breakfasts each morning were good. Fresh coffee is brewing before 8 and newspapers are available. I had granola and yogurt each day which was delicious. There were muffins, bagels, english muffins...fresh fruit. There was a ham and cheese croissant each morning or pancake or an egg/mushroom dish. It was a great start to the day.
The bedding is fine and the toiletries were nice - nothing outstanding. They do provide a waffle knit robe...so no need to pack one! Room 3 looked nice - I would steer clear of 1 or 2 if you can...but if nothing else available it is fine.
The staff were students from the Phillipinnes...so not that helpful with tourist information. I would have liked to meet the owners...I don't think they were around.
Bottled water available upon request and I have no idea what someone else was talking about with the no food in the room policy? I would recommend the Veranda House...the location was convenient and being up on the hill was nice.
A great find!

An in-town charmer with high-end ammenities!

by TripAdvisor Member JeffBos

I stayed at The Veranda House for Wine Festival in May and had an A+ experience. This is an historic building with new 'hip' vibe, luxurious beddings, high end 'Fresh' toiletries, a killer rain shower, flat-screen TV/DVD, and on, and on and on. I honestly have never slept in a more comfortable bed.

My room was very small, but I knew that before I arrived as their website gives very accurate descriptions and photos of your room. There are also plenty of beautiful larger rooms but they cost a bit more. My only complaint is that given you are in an old, relatively small building you can hear other guests in the hallways, but realistically that is going to be the case in any small inn. There is a huge breakfast room on the lower level serving fresh fruit, muffins, French toast, juices; all with attentive, friendly staff. The location is perfect; in-town, only a short walk to the ferry and 2 blocks from Main Street.

If you are looking for a hip and luxurious spin on the traditional Nantucket inn, this is the place for you.

Comments