Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside

Tags

Business Travel Food and Dining Luxury Travel
See Amenities
toddecus's Profile Photo

Another week in Boston/Newton for work

by written on October 10, 2014

Continue to choose the Indigo over the Marriott or Sheraton's nearby in Newton, so I guess that tells you what my preference is. I find it clean and friendly service. I like to swim laps in the pool which they seem to keep heated year round. They were working on the parking, and I can never quite tell what the heck is going on with parking, but I find that the hotel Indigo works for me in general. I would not want to try and bring my family here, as the bathrooms are ridiculously small and the vibe of the hotel is kind of Cougar bar meets hip hop. Lots of business travelers from what I see.

toddecus's Profile Photo

Recently stayed again at the Indigo

by written on October 10, 2014

There was a hip hop pool party going on when I first arrived, which isn't my scene, but if you are in to that kind of thing. Indigo continues to try and be this strange hip expensive hotel parked on a hill above the free way. Works as a business hotel but you are kind of trapped in eating at the hotel or having to do some driving to nearby towns. The rooms are clean and nice, although I am a big guy, and I tend to find the bathrooms cramped. Overall the service was very good, and the food although over priced, is generally very good. The crab cake sandwich is yummy. The flatbreads are really pizza and not great. Since the room service comes from the one restaurant, I guess I am kind of reviewing both at the same time. Salad for the price was tasty but a little bit of a small portion.

Great hotel, horrible experience

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 18, 2011

Why would someone write a hotel review and include mostly pictures of the bathroom. I'll tell you why. The re-model of this boutique hotel makes it quite a pleasant clean feeling environment but there were a couple of minor disasters they don't warn you about. In general I would stay here again but, would keep the following in mind.

First let me say that seat in the shower is a little odd but surprisingly nice to have. Unfortunately, where things go wrong is the toilet. Now keep in mind I am a bit abnormally tall 6'6" or 198cm, but I think the picture speaks for itself. There is no way to use the toilet and have the bathroom door closed if your any taller than 5'6". For a luxury hotel this was just some silly decision making in order to save costs.

Finally, why I would use the word horrible: On one of the days of my visit, after a long day of work, I returned to my hotel room to find the door slightly ajar. I knocked but didn't see the expected cleaning cart. I pushed open the door and looked in, half expecting to find the room ransacked or an intruder within. I found the room to be in the same condition one would expect after housekeeping had done their work. I immediately called the front desk assuming that housekeeping had left the door ajar, in case anything was missing. Fortunately, nothing was missing. I was upset but not angry until I heard the response from the desk staff, "Oh yeah! That happens all the time. The doors just pop open if they haven't been closed hard enough! I'll remind housekeeping." I was dumfounded. This is supposed to be a luxury boutique hotel. Really, you leave guests room doors open all the time? I guess I understand the investment in providing a safe in each room, legal cover for when things are stolen. I found the person's response to be cavalier, inappropriate, and dismissive, which needless to say doesn't work for me.

I might stay here again, because the location really works for me, and the rooms are quite comfortable, but I will be making sure I don't leave any valuables in the room when I am not there.
Fortunately, traveling alone makes the toilet problem only annoying.

Unique Quality: Wooden shower seat?! Doors that don't close easily, and pop open!

Directions: I95 right south of 90 mass turnpike.

Very Nice and yet..

by written on March 18, 2011

The pictures are from my second stay at the Indigo hotel. I love the clean modern atmosphere and the remodel job that has been done. I also find the location near the highway and close to Newton quite convenient. I was able to run down to cambridge in 20minutes and be over for work in newton in minutes. The rooms were clean and sophisticated. I found a number of nice upscale conveniences and found the front desk service to be excellent. Helpful with most things. Beds were very comfortable and the amenities quite nice.

Parking under the back of the hotel is a little odd but works.

The Hotel Restaurant Bokxx was delicious but very pricey and the service was just ok. I would suggest you venture out into nearby towns for dining, we found a great tapas place in Waltham. Definitely head elsewhere for breakfast.

Unique Quality: Location near highway and Newton is convenient, and the vibe is very modern/upscale.

Directions: South East corner of Hwy 95 and Mass Turnpike (90)

supune's Profile Photo

The coolest place to stay that's not in Boston

by written on October 22, 2010

Indigo Hotel is a nice boutique hotel to stay at. Prices for standard rooms were from $180-230 / night depending on the night, seems weekend-nights were a bit more pricey. Wireless and wired Internet service was free and was easy to connect to. The staff kind of stayed out of the way, but were helpful when asked questions. There was a popular restaurant and bar downstairs. One of my colleagues that works in the area said, "This is the coolest spot not in Boston". The place has gotten a nice upgrade since it was taken over from Holiday Inn.

The rooms were kind of small for the price, but that's not really a complaint as things were new and well maintained. The hardwood floors were nice. The bed was comfortable. The bathrooms were redone newly. The rooms were clean.. One thing I noticed was that the cleaning staff ignored my request to not come in and clean the room.

This hotel was a great place to work from. The desks and chairs were comfortable.

Unique Quality: I liked that they let us know about their eco-friendly initiatives: they use environmentally friendly cleaning products, they've enacted a water reduction program, and they support organizations like http://earthshare.org/.

They advertise advance rates starting at $139 when you book directly from their site.

They had a good fitness room.

Bokx 109 and Bokx pool seem to be popular for people around to come to chill out at.

The hotel is a 5 minute away from the end of the Green line at the Riverside Station. It was right next to the Grove St exit off of I-95. This is a good place to stay if you are working in Newton or visiting any of the local colleges.

Directions: Right next to Grove St. Exit from I-95. 5minute walk from Riverside T station. About a 5minute drive from downtown Newton.

Nearby Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside

Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside

• Hotel Indigo Newton
  • Hotel Indigo Boston

Address: 399 Grove Street, (Formerly "Holiday Inn"), Newton, Massachusetts, 02462, United States

16 Photos of Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside

• Business Services
  • Pets Allowed
  • Free High Speed Internet

Newton Travel Forum

Need advice about Newton, Massachusetts? Visit the Travel Forum for Newton and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Newton hotel reviews