2345 Commonwealth Avenue, , Newton, MA 02466

Costs 33% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Marriott Boston Newton

Great for Overnight

by TripAdvisor Member capecodyankee

Recently spent 1 night at Newton Marriott - We had a great stay. There were 4 of us so the room was a little tight especially the bathroom. We were using mileage rewards so I'm not sure how much the room usually costs or if all the rooms are all the same but the bathroom was EXTREMELY small in our room. The room and bathroom were very clean. The beds were amazing.

We came to go to a college sports event with kids and everyone was extremely nice. We were very relaxed being away from the city. The breakfast was awesome and the service was very good. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool and the adults liked the bar very much!!!! The hotel is located in a very upscale residential neighborhood but that makes it far from fast food and convenience stores. Their little gift shop/coffee shop closed by 9 PM the night we were there which was a little inconvenient for teens wanting soda/chips etc. Overall we had a very good experience at the Marriott/Newton.

avoid avoid advoid

by TripAdvisor Member jimtexas

While this hotel is convenient, it is a converted holiday inn--old external entrances poorly converted to internal hallway entrances. Where the internal furnishings were the newer Marriott furnishings, the bed I had was absolutely awful.

Awful. Awful. Awful. Awful.

Service not great

by TripAdvisor Member TravellingMan123

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights, and was generally not impressed.

Things got off to a poor start when I first arrived in my room to discover urine all over the toilet seat. I asked room service to bring me up a jug of milk for my coffee - it never came. The hotel itself has no atmosphere whatsoever. The bed was not particularly comfortable, and the view from my room of the carpark was not exactly charming. The staff were (with one or two notable exceptions) unfriendly and a little discourteous (this sort of thing doesn't normally bother me, but given the price of this place I had expected better).

All in all, I would only stay there again if there was a very compelling reason for me to be in that particular location. This is unlikely given that the hotel is slap bang in the middle of nowhere.

Good but not the best.

by TripAdvisor Member Alshaven

We stayed at the Hotel for 6 nights for the Thanksgiving week. After the first night, we felt that the Air Conditioning was not working at all. We reported this at the front desk to no avail. After the 3rd night we reported again to Front desk that the A/C was not working and the room was too hot. They sent a technician but did not solve anything.
After the 4th night, we complained again and this time they moved us to another room with no A/C but with a Balcony, so we could open the door and let the cool air of Autumm to cool the room (It is totally true).
Anyway, everything else was nice, The Lounge and Bar Areas are very nice. The Breakfast Buffett is very abundant and nicely equipped.
The employees were nice and very attemptive. The parking area was very ample and sufficient.
In short, if they solve their A/C problem, I will stay there again for Spring/Summer, else, no way.

Convenient and adequate

by TripAdvisor Member tricia27

This hotel is located off the Mass Pike and easy to get to. A busy hotel, yet it is large enough that rooms are usually available. Book early during college weekends, esp in the fall due to football and parent weekends. Used it all the time when son at BC, and always found it clean and adequate, although should be do for a good remodel one of these days.

Decent, but small room

by TripAdvisor Member NJTraveler74

This is a decent overall hotel, and the staff is friendly. They also have a convenient shop that's well staffed in the morning to handle the large amount of people.

Room was small and a little out of date. Bathroom was tiny. Like an outhouse. You can see how hotels from the 60's budgeted their space. I'd recommend a newer property.

I didn't have any real problems though. It was clean and comfortable and everyone was friendly.

Nice views, nece place but bad maid service

by TripAdvisor Member Dorit

We stayed in the hotel for 3 nights (Fri-Monday). We booked through AAA with AAA discount.
The room was in the 5th floor, views to Charles River (really nice). Too bad you can't open the windows.
We had a king size bed which was very very comfortable. The linens were soft and cozy.
The room isn't very big, it's good for 2 people, not more than that. The internet is 9.99 per day (other Mariott don't charge for that). The breakfast is $15 (too expensive).
We were very disappointed from the maid service. On the first day they cleaned our room at 3PM, the next day 4:30PM, the next day 5PM. On the last day we called them and ask them to clean the room early. 3-5 PM are hours that you usually go back to your room and you want to get some rest! they are also SO slow!

One thing I liked about the hotel is the gym. They have a new gym, 5 run threads, 5 eliptical trainers, some weights. They have tv screens for the threads and they give you earphones so you can watch tv while working out.

I wouldn't stay there again. It's too expensive and isn't worth the money. If it's a business trip and you can expense it, it's a nice place.

Old and musty

by TripAdvisor Member cruisejp

I checked in was given a room on the 6th floor. I entered the room to find it had not been redone for many years. It smelled of mildew. I opened the curtain to find birds nesting on the sill making much a racket. The air vent in the bathroom was also making a hissing sound.

I called the front desk and I was moved to the 7th floor.
The room was just as run down but it was fine.

I am a Platinum Elite Member and was still given this horrible room.

The restaurant has good food but the booth seat was warn and ripped.

Front desk staff is fantastic and was very helpful throughtout the stay.

Overall good stay

by TripAdvisor Member atlanta14

The room was comfortable and clean, and the gift shop was convenient. The indoor pool was also pleasantly warm (maybe even a bit too warm) and large enough to get in a good swim. Unlike many other indoor hotel pools, the area was well lit and well-ventilated. The jacuzzi was out of commission, though.

My only complaint, and I'm not even sure how much of it can be lodged against the hotel, was that I had an early morning (5:40 a.m.) flight from Logan. I called down to the front desk at 4:06 a.m. for a cab to be ready at 4:30 a.m. When I got downstairs a little after 4:30, the cab was not there yet. I spoke to the front desk who offered little help. It was only when I made it clear how upset I was and in danger of missing my flight that they called the taxi cab. The cab said it would be there in 5 minutes, but it wasn't. After another 10 minutes, the front desk grudgingly called again. It finally arrived at 4:50 a.m. I'm not holding the front desk responsible for the cab being late, but I do wish they had shown more empathy and initiative in contacting the cab company.

Great Hotel, Not So Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member Daman1992

We stayed here on our first night with ATI Tours, it's a great hotel. The suburb of Newton is very prestigious, and the hotel is located right on the river. We went to our room and it was clean and comfortable with ample room for four. The hotel staff were bringing around the bags but took ours to the wrong room. Without any trouble, the hotel manager immediately brought the bags on his own and apologised for the mistake. Our experiences with the staff were good.

The hotel is far from Boston, so its best to hire a car or come with a tour group.

Hotel had a internet room, but we didn't use it. I'm not sure about their restaurant, we never dined there.

LOVE YOU AND LEAVE YOULOVE YOU AND LEAVE YOU

Johnny's on a raining dayJohnny's on a raining day

sometime in the middle of the nightsometime in the middle of the night

31st Sci-Fi Marathon31st Sci-Fi Marathon